Jets @ Colts Predictions

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jets n Boys, Jan 18, 2010.

1. 624

624 Banned

1. There's no denying you had the better regular season and have the better team, but we can throw regular season records out the window.
    2. I doubt we can score 28-30 points, but I predict our defense will be better prepared this time around, and we had some injuries in the secondary in that game.
    3. I admit they are probably a little underrated just due to Manning and his offense, but our offensive line will maul them the whole game, and it'll show in the 2nd half, our running game usually takes some time to get going, most of our losses this year came form us abandoning the run too soon, when we stick with the run, we win.
    4. see # 3.
    5. I would take Donald Brown or Addai over LT, and I think the Chargers have the better receivers. Wayne is the best out of all of them, I think Floyd is better then Collie and Garcon, Manning makes yours look better. I'm not saying San Diego's are much better, but I give them the slight edge.
    6. Our Defense comes out stronger in the 2nd half, we have amazing half-time adjustments by Ryan & our defensive staff. Like I said earlier, your defense will be worn out late and Manning won't be able to be on the field much. (Don't bring up the Miami game, our defense is far superior)
    7. The Jets plenty of Pro Bowl talent as well, I think the 2 best players in the NFL are Manning and Revis, so it should be good.
    8. I admit if we have to throw a lot I don't like our chances, but Sanchez has been very poised as of late and can make the pressure throws, he comes up in big games, Manning sometimes has been known to not do that.

And to all Colt fans, please stop comparing us to the Ravens, we are much better on defense, especially Pass D, and you happen to be a passing team, plus 3/5 of our O Line is in the Pro Bowl, and you can make a case for the 2 that aren't. They will physically dominate your front 7 the entire game.

2. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

we've heard all this crap before...in fact....we have a week's worth of it from the Chargers fans.

I understand your points....but guess what.....the game has to be played.

We are built for the playoffs....shutdown defense with a solid run game. You guys are formidable, but aren't invincible.

Let's play the game and see what happens.

3. freebo

freebo New Member

Well other than points I think the biggest thing will be third down passing for both teams.

4. 624

624 Banned

I think the Colts being "fast" on defense is going to be the new "our receivers are tall."

5. BelieveInBlue

BelieveInBlue New Member

Did you not pay any attention to the quote I was responding to?

6. BelieveInBlue

BelieveInBlue New Member

Agreed.

(10 characters)

7. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

we need to do the same thing we did to the Chargers in the 2nd half.

1) play man to man defense
    2) sustain long drives with the run game...and keep Manning on the sideline
    3) play disciplined.....I don't trust the zebras in this game.
    4) throw the kitchen sink at Manning.....he'll get rattled....he's still a human being.
    5) the offense needs to stay "turnover free"

8. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The Jets shut down the Jet run game in the first half to the tune of 12 runs and 12 passes before the last 38 seconds of the half when they just ran Jones into the line 3 times inside their own 20 to kill the clock. If they do that on Sunday again then you will win the game.

As a part-time observer of the team you need to understand that when the Jets have been really ineffective on offense this year they have done it to themselves by pretending that the passing game was an equal partner in the offense with the running game. The performance in Indy week 16 was vintage Brain Schottenheimer is an idiot material. The Jets came out and went 3 and out on the first possession (3 passes of course) and then they ran the ball into the line 3 times at the end of the half when they weren't trying to advance the ball. Net effect 15 runs and 12 passes but the pass was what they were tring to do in that first half and so (of course) they did not score.

I'd be shocked if the Jets don't run the ball 7 out of the first 10 plays against the Colts on Sunday. If they 3 and out on 3 passes any where in there then it will be clear evidence that Brian Schottenheimer needs to be fired.

9. 624

624 Banned

Actually statistically, Rivers had a better season then Manning.

I'm not saying Rivers is better then Manning, but since you said statistically I had too add that.

By the way I'm not including the last 2 games when I say this.

10. freebo

freebo New Member

Look these fans have already heard all of the garbage by the Chargers fans. They know that stats do not matter and we know that too.

We are not New England Patriots fans so please don’t act like that.

The Jets have a shot in this game just as clearly as we had a shot against Pittsburgh in January of 2006.

I don’t go over to other people houses and start shit with them.

These fans have every right to believe they can beat us, because they can. They just beat the crap out of the Chargers. They dismantled them. Give them the respect they deserve. We are going to have to move the chains to win this game. Their defense is great. We will see who comes out on top and show respect no matter who wins.

11. 624

624 Banned

Colts fans wish they could say that about Revis.

12. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

well said

philler

13. ColtsnCanes8663

ColtsnCanes8663 New Member

Peyton Manning is proven to be a football machine.:up:

14. 624

624 Banned

In the regular season. :up:

15. BelieveInBlue

BelieveInBlue New Member

Okay, I'll try one more time.

GO BACK AND READ THE POST I WAS RESPONDING TO.

If you do that, you'll understand that someone was using stats to explain why the Jets would win. So I went about using stats to show that stats really don't foretell a lot.

As for the Pats comment, GFY. Respectfully.

16. DonnieIsTheKing

DonnieIsTheKing Active Member

Gotta love the Colts fans predicting the Jets to score 3 points in this game... they play one good game defensively and everyone forgets they were 24th against the run this year. I'm not saying the Jets offense is going to move the ball at will, but to say we'll get one scoring chance shows a little short term memory.

Jets 20 Colts 17

I predict a long Brad Smith return inside the Indy 40 to be a huge momentum and game changer.

17. freebo

freebo New Member

If we wanted to we could go around quoting every fan we disagreed with and arguing with them about it. It would be stupid and familiar (Pats Fans), but we are better than that.

Drink up with these great fans. They love their team just as we do. We will save the arguing for trolls who come to our house and disrespect us. Always remember that this is their house and we are the guests.

18. BelieveInBlue

BelieveInBlue New Member

Not sure how you arrive at that. I guess if you go only by QB rating, then Drew Brees is the best. But QB rating is universally accepted as dubious, at best.

I look at wins, yards, completion percentage and TDs. Manning is first, second, second and second, respectively. Average that out and he's the best.

Of course, this is a useless debate.

19. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

excellent new points. the jets didnt deserve to make the playoffs? never heard that one before.

the chargers are overrated and rusty now? haha! they were the hottest team with a bye by far. colts rested players and lost 2, vikings had been struggling and the saints lost 3 in a row.

You guys should be confident too. But bring something new to the table, dude. I agree with the rest of your points, but I could make easy counter-points. Basically, it comes down to this...can the Colts offense score on a great Jets d and can the jets run on a pretty underrated colts rush d

20. BelieveInBlue

BelieveInBlue New Member

I respect that and I've tried to do it. My first and second posts were clear descriptions, devoid of baiting or argument, as to why I thought the Colts would win. Because, after all, this is a PREDICTION THREAD. Forgive me if I misunderstood.

Subsequent posts have gotten more edgy due to responses I've gotten from some who think I'm an idiot for believing my 15-2 team, which just dismantled a team similar to the Jets and who happen to be hosting the AFCCG, might win this one handily.

I mean, who am I to have any confidence in that? It's ridiculous!