Fan gets arrested for doing JETS chant at Qualcomm Stadium

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Poeman, Jan 18, 2010.

1. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Im not even saying that the guy deserved his fate. But if a complaint is made,it has to be responded to. And the guy sticking up for him<the situation had already escalated and the cops have no idea who is a part of his party as they are trying to tend to the problem. Who knows what kind of complaint was made on this guy.
    As for the stress,you can be trained all you want,but do you think you would still be scared going into a gun fight? This has nothing to do with this incident,but thats not really fair. You have seen the videos on TV etc where cops get shot at at a routiner traffic stop im sure. Its not as easy as some think,no matter what is in your job description.

2. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

i don't have a fuck the police attitude...

but what i can't stand is people who are associated with or are cops and will defend their actions without any information regardless of the circumstances...it infuriates me to be honest

3. mrgoose

mrgoose Member

You are right on the money with this....Resisting arrest is NEVER a good idea!

4. typeOnegative13NY

It is pretty evident that there is more to the story in this situation,that is why i am quick to back it. there are quite a few people watching for them to arrest for cheering. You see a few people defend him,but not everybody. You even here some cheering when they come for him. Just more to the story,thats all.

5. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

This is total bullshit.

Cops routinely rewrite their stories to fit their arrests. It's just the way its done. One of the greatest people (and cops) I have ever known left the force for this very reason. If a cop tells you that this doesn't go on, then he or she is full of shit.

6. ganggreengirl

ganggreengirl New Member

The guy at the end got in trouble with the cops cause he dared to question why he was arresting the guy.

7. JIMsection323

JIMsection323 New Member

I really feel bad for this guy and his girl friend. Instead of enjoying a jets win and a great game he spends a night in jail. I would really like to see what exactly happen for the cops to come over in the first place. There's a cut in the video so we don't know what happen in between his cheering and him being arrested, and who he was having issues with. One thing we can say is that its pretty clear he wasn't the one who started it with the witnesses backing him up.

BUT....

As much as I would like to back up this jet fan he did do something wrong. Not sure if this law applies in the state of California but in the state of New York there's a law called the NO SOCK LAW. Basically the law states that you cannot resist arrest even if the arrest is based on a false arrest. Resisting arrest is a Misdemeanor charge, punishable up to 1 year in jail. Some posters feel that the youtube video is his best defense. I can tell you now, the worst thing he can do is bring that video into court.. The video shows he clearly resisted arrest and would back up the police officers arrest.

8. stanner

stanner Member

look, i just re-watched it and have it all figured out.

1st, he was being recorded for a reason, right? obnoxious or whatever, the guy with the camera thought it tape worthy enough to turn around and film it. something was going on.

2. the second cut starts with hands on already. nobody got tackled or blindsided; the cop already had hands on him and was (probably) telling him they were leaving or he was under arrest, and the guy resisted. he clearly resisted (which you don't have a right to do!) by not putting his hands behind his back and requiring a substantial amount of force to overcome that resistance (textbook).

3. about 40 seconds or so, you hear "somebody threw something at him," which is what this must be about.

4. the suits a couple rows back are clearly security or stadium employees, and were likely the 1st or 2nd response to whatever was occurring and probably directed the cops to the accused troublemaker. that's why most people in the area are keeping quiet. they know the teacher's watching.

that last cop who insisted that the vocal chargers fan "go outside" with him was wrong. you can't get mad if people are just talking, and can't say shit like "you can't talk to me like that."

9. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Kinda like me and the wifey going through a yellow light and getting pulled over a 1/2 mile later and the cop says I ran a red.

10. typeOnegative13NY

That cop had just came over and said he didnt even know what was going on. But if you are a cop in the stadium and are being called over for a situation possibly getting out of control,you are going to come over in combat mode. It is very easy to monday morning qb the tape the day after.

11. stanner

stanner Member

it doesn't go on (certainly not routinely).

what arrest would be worth sacrificing a job over?

12. cassie96

cassie96 Member

There you go......great post!

13. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

This is just another really great reason why the best place to watch a football game is on your own couch.

I mean, really, what kind of a dickhead goes to an away game, gets visibly shithammered, sits in the middle of what are otherwise decent hometown fans, and starts a fucking J-E-T-S chant? Aren't you pretty much asking for trouble there? Okay, fine, where your precious Jets jersey, root for your team and cheer when something good happens, but don't be an obnoxious prick to everybody around you like that. And if you do, well, expect the worst. Especially considering how the NFL is essentially promoting pregame intoxication as part of the experience.

14. cassie96

cassie96 Member

Great idea!!!! Hope that Jerry Sanders gets a ton of these emails.

San Diego will hate this bad press, hurting their tourism industry.

15. ganggreengirl

ganggreengirl New Member

Has anyone heard anything from any of the news or radio stations?

16. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

great post by a "lawyer" who diagnosed several different causes of action based on video "evidence" that has demonstrable gaps? You would probably think that.

17. ganggreengirl

ganggreengirl New Member

18. typeOnegative13NY

How is that a great post? She is going off a cell camera showing half the incident. You want her representing you? lmao

19. cassie96

cassie96 Member

Take a Cymbalta, Debbie Downer & you might be less depressed.

The attorney is sharing her knowledge and trying to be helpful.