Fan gets arrested for doing JETS chant at Qualcomm Stadium

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Poeman, Jan 18, 2010.

1. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

oh...so since you were there can you fill me in on what happened?

2. TurkJetFan

its a ton of paper work...and its also a ton of overtime :)

3. Jets42long

Jets42long Member

where did you see any of that on this video?

4. TurkJetFan

so as i said.....

when there is confirmed police brutality you defend it...

5. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Most cops,huh. How many do you actually know? Where do you people come up with this shit?

6. TurkJetFan

the guy just has cops in his family or is a cop and will do whatever necessary to defend the actions of cops regardless of whether they are right or wrong...

7. TurkJetFan

i actually know a ton of cops and i can confirm this...

he gave you the answer to you're question in the prior post...and once again confirm his point

#227 TurkJetFan, Jan 18, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2010
  8. typeOnegative13NY

I didn't. But i guarantee that something of thast nature happened before the cops came. the camera holder knew something was in store for this guy. the cops ARE NOT GOING TO JUST COME ARREST SOMEONE FOR DOING A JETS CHANT.

9. typeOnegative13NY

Listen man. Youve been here a long time and i respect you as a poster. But if you really think they just came and arrested him for doing a Jets cheer,then i don't know what to say to you beyond this point. You might want to put more thought into that though

10. TurkJetFan

so essentially you're getting mad at us for making an assumption based on what we saw all the meanwhile you are making an assumption based on something you didn't see?

is that correct?

11. TurkJetFan

i'm just going off what i saw...and what i saw is the guy getting arrested while doing a Jets chant not FOR it...what makes it interesting is the SD fans were booing and saying he didn't do anything...which i highly doubt would happen if he did, especially given its a playoff game...

these are observations based on evidence and what will stand up in court

the title of the thread should be changed to "Fan Gets Arrested While Doing JETS Chant...."

#231 TurkJetFan, Jan 18, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2010
  12. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

This video and this thread sounds like an episode of "Law and Order"..

13. typeOnegative13NY

Im not getting mad,just debating. I just hate the whole"fuck tha police" attitude. Yes,i am assuming,but will guarantee there is more to the story. the whole idea that the big bad police came and arrested the innocent man for just cheering is fun for some im sure,but not very true i am also sure.

14. typeOnegative13NY

Just take notice that the camera was already on the guy,before the cops came. if that is not a clear indication that something was already going on,i don't know what else to say

15. stanner

stanner Member

i hear this all the time (usually on message boards where your anonymity is secure) and i can guarantee you i know more cops than you. it's not 90%, it's not most, or as a whole ...it's the opposite. it's a few bad apples that sour peoples' opinions. the vast, vast majority are great guys and gals.

say "bullshit" all you want.

16. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I hate to bring this up, but could all of this had been staged to garner attention and YouTube hits? Kinda like the kid in the kite?

17. IndyColts1

IndyColts1 New Member

The problem is that no one knows what transpired prior to the video. My guess and it's strictly a guess is that Qualcomm has a text messaging system like most stadiums. Fans can text to stadium personnel if there's a problem. Here's where my guess comes in. Some Charger fans wasn't happy about the Jets cheer and sent a text stating the guy was a troublemaker.

18. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

I'm not saying it's easy.

The police job is (also) to manage stressfull events... if you can't do that than you are not doing your job!

A carpenters job is to build a house... he can be the best soccer player in the world and an expert on Shakespeare play's.. but if he doesn't know how to build a house he isn't a good carpenter.

Same for a policeman... can't handle stress? You are not a good policeman and you'll eventually fuck it up... like the guys in the videos.

I have A LOT of respect for policemen that know how to do their job and understand that a different standard of measure is needed for different situations. What I believe is that the US police tends to use a little too much unjustified violence and they get away with it a bit too easily.

NOT BY ANY MEANS SAYING EVERYONE DOES IT... but if only as much as 50% does it then it's a BIG problem for the normal people/fans etc...

In the video case there is no evidence at all that so much violence was needed. Everyone around was cooperative, the dude wasn't in a group of thugs but him and his girlfriend (they were the only two guys wearing Jets stuff) and opposing fans were actually defending him (even to the point of getting kicked out!).

Tell me why that last Chargers fan got kicked out. Was he violent? starting a riot? drunk? NO, he was just standing up to a policeman who's dick was too hard to admit he might have been wrong. And most policemen are like that... and for those scumbags I have NO RESPECT WHATSOEVER.

19. TurkJetFan

bullshit

filler

20. TurkJetFan

this is a very interesting point...