Vincent Jackson 4th Quarter Catsh and Run

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsFan2004, Jan 18, 2010.

1. JetsFan2004

JetsFan2004 Member

Does anyone have CLEAR video (or photo) of VJs fourth quarter catch and run? I am arguing with co-workers who are adamant that he scored on that play, and that the officials cost the Chargers about 25 seconds (as they scored on the next play instead) by calling VJ down at the 1. I don't think he was in.

Please help if you can. I'm dealing with jealous Giants fans.

2. firemanedjr

firemanedjr Active Member

Would it have mattered? I honestly thought he was in, but this argument only holds water if the Chargers get the ball back and run out of time.

3. Sandman

Sandman Well-Known Member

The play that came after really pissed me off. the Defence were looking around wondering what was going on and Rivers got a gimme Sneak into the Endzone because the players were not set.

4. Sinq15

Sinq15 New Member

From the replay it was quite clear that when Jackson fell down, the ball hit the ground shy of the line, in my opinion. In real time I thought it was very close (and maybe in), but once I saw the replay it was pretty clear.

Sorry, not much help am I.

5. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

If he was in why didn't the Charger challenge it? BTW I think he was down before he stretched across the GL but he is so dam tall it may looked like he was in.

6. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Why are you even arguing with them about this? 25 seconds? There was more than 2 minutes left in the game at that point. Ask them why the Chargers decided to onside it with 2 minutes and 20 seconds left in the game and a timeout left.

7. 624

624 Banned

At first glance I thought he scored, I never watched it in Slow-mo or anything to really check though, but 25 secodns wouldn't have mattered, we could have kneeled 3 times.

8. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

I enjoyed his kick of the challenge flag.....maybe he should've been taking the FG duties with that technique.

nice work, Pele. :)

9. theBidet

theBidet Active Member

10. JetsFan2004

JetsFan2004 Member

I didnt start the argument. My co-worker was making points on how the officials f'ed the chargers all day, and this was one of the arguments. Just trying to prove them wrong thats all. I fully understand it doesnt matter for the game, but for an argument it does.

11. JetsFan2004

JetsFan2004 Member

Yeah, the TV replay I saw clearly his kneed down and the ball at the 1/2 yard line. Im trying to get video/photo of that.

Just male pride here.

12. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I saw his knee hit the ground before the ball crossed the plane. Looked like he was about a yard short but it was a bang bang play. As far as the Bolts getting fckd, ask your coworker about the "incomplete" pass bullshit call.

13. GreenGiant 32

GreenGiant 32 New Member

I have the game recorded, on the replay it was clear as day Jackon's elbow touched down before the ball broke the plane of the endzone. I even slow motioned it to confirm. That was a great call by the line judge.

14. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

Rewatched it, he was down at the half yard line. Tell your Gnats friends to STFU.

15. Barry the Baptist

Really? Did they watch the game? Ask them about the fumble at midfield they stole from us?

16. JetsFan2004

JetsFan2004 Member

I hear everyone and Im frustrated as hell, that's why I hate the Giants so much. I know he was down, I just need proof. Thanks for everyones help. It's such a happy day!!!!

17. Barry the Baptist

You could always ask them about their awesome start against the garbage of the NFL and their epic late season meltdown. With a tougher schedule they're probably a 5-11 team at best... :rofl:

18. JetsFan2004

JetsFan2004 Member

Yeah, I brought that up. Idiots both said it was clearly incomplete. What really pisses me off is that the Giants have recently been a much better franchise thatn the Jets, you'de think thes guys would be happy for us. They are also in their mid 50's.

19. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

Even if he scored, I think the game plays out the same way. The Chargers onside it. The Jets go for it on 4th down and succeed. The clock runs out.

20. Mh28102

Mh28102 New Member

Play didnt matter

we kneeled on first down not fourth