Supersticions, Jerseys, Favorite Chairs?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Italian Seafood, Jan 17, 2010.

1. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

....and of course, my Victor Green Authentic baby! :beer:

2. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

I bought a live chicken that I'm going to sacrifice to the football gods in about 15 minutes.

3. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Haven't gone out to watch a game since the second NE game, been watching at home.
    Only other game since then I wasn't home to watch was Atlanta when I went to my step daughters.
    Wearing the same I have since the Indy game.
    Wife is heading out for a girls night with her bowling team, sent her with 4 extra shirts to go along with her Jets shirt just in case someone else needs one.
    Not superstitious, I just do the same thing over and over if it keeps working

4. jgangstahippie7:18

My pops and I stand up for most of the game.

5. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

No wonder the jets won! Keep doing what you do brother!

6. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

i have grown a beard since the colts game. i only shape it up but i have a full grown beard now.
    me & my son have worn the same jersey the last 2 games.and i have not washed it yet.....keeps the magic alive.
    have watched the 3 road games at home with wife and kids and no one else.

have already turned down a party next sunday and was suppose to have a photographer come over and take pictures of my kids. this is going to be rescheduled
    today.

7. UKJet

UKJet Member

I've got a small Jets football by the side of my TV with a dollar coin resting on top of it. It hasn't moved since the beginning of the play-offs. I know the real reason we're winning.

8. jets&rushfan

jets&rushfan New Member

I have signed Vinny, Curtis, Wayne and Joe pictures with mini helmets on my wall that I have not dusted in a long time.

Joe always remains at the top, but yesterday at halftime I took my finger and made a cross on the glass on top of Joe in the dust.

I hope the deal has a 40 and out clause.

9. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

I always wear a jersey whenever I watch the Jets.

Last week, I didn't wear any Jets gear so this week I didn't either.

Looks like next week will be the same.

My son did wear a Jets long sleeve and the same lucky underwear from the week before.

10. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I have this crazy Jets hat that I got at the local thrift store that actually isnt the real jets but a midget football team imitating the Jets. Its got a retro-looking JETS on it in green but says "youth football team" underneath haha.

After we lost to the Falcons I started wearing it during the games saying that they are playing like a youth team.

We haven't lost since... not playing like a youth team, but there's no way Im taking that hat off now!!

11. jetsmets93

jetsmets93 Member

i started with my green sanchez but mid-way through the second i changed to my green leon and all of a sudden the tide started to turn... i dont think i will take that jersey off all week.

12. ShadeTree#55

ShadeTree#55 Active Member

I had been growing a beard and was going to shave it off, now I can't change anything. I will look like zz-top by the SB.

13. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

I have a certain system with my Jets winter hat that has been working like a charm. Keep it on when the Jets are playing well. Take it off when they are sucking it up. I don't want to take full credit for the Jets getting to the AFC Championship but the hat thing is definitely a major factor.

14. Clayture

Clayture Member

I got a swaetshirt from my son for Christmas, and everything has gone right now that I wear it everytime the Jets play. Wonder how many people got some Jets item for Christmas this year and feel the same way.

Anyway was watching the game with diehard Jet fans last night, and when I unthinkly went to take it off because I was sweating with the score 7-3, they made me keep it on, and Leonhard intercepts...I'm sure you know how the rest of the game turned out...J E T S Jets Jets Jets

15. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

We own a Jets nutcracker... Jets are officially undefeated with the nutcracker placed behind the TV rather than in front of it (and watching it). In fact, first three games of the season the nutcracker was to the side and facing the wall... somehow it got turned to watch the Jets and the Jets went into their slump.

Also find that pretzels and sour cream/french onion dip are a recipe for victory.

16. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I'm not usually that superstitious about stuff like this, but I got an authentic Revis for Xmas and the Jets haven't lost a game since then. I'm not washing it or wearing another jersey again until they lose. Even if that means halfway through next season.

Ditto about the beard, started it during the week of the 27th and I'm not shaving it until after a loss.

#76 abyzmul, Jan 18, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2010
  17. Capt. Ace Nick

My lucky meatball sub tradition continues...can't wait to get another next week.

18. richnle

richnle New Member

My Jets hat fell off while jumping around the family room like a lunatic with my kids during the Greene touchdown, and I did not realize it. I noticed it before the 4th down conversion and put it back on in time to save the game.

19. NYTitans99

NYTitans99 New Member

I wear my Titans Sanchez Home Jersey and drink red wine while I watch the game

20. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

You're a woman, right?