Shonn Green's TD run....did anyone else do this?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by gustoonarmy, Jan 18, 2010.

1. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Slowly my memory is coming back to me from last nights highly charged game.
    I admit that towards the end of the game the drink was starting to get the better of me.#
    So we hand off, yet again to Greene (thinks: another 4-6 yard gain) and he initially bursts through for what looks like a 6 yarder, then shakes off the only tackle, it wasn't until he'd gone about 15 yards before I realised he was breaking off a big one.
    haha - just laughing at myself really here

2. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

I'd had a number of drinks by that point too but I think I was just yelling excitedly as the Bills fan I watched with sunk further into the couch.

3. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

You guys will love this article:

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2010/01/playoff_magic_continues_for_sh.html

Playoff magic continues for Shonn Greene in NY Jets' 17-14 victory over San Diego Chargers

By Manish Mehta/The Star-Ledger
    January 17, 2010, 11:08PM

SAN DIEGO — When he arrived at his destination, Shonn Greene put his left hand to his ear in celebration.

He heard silence.

Greene’s 53-yard touchdown run was the back breaker in the Jets’ 17-14 win over the Chargers that propelled a team many didn’t believe belonged among the league’s elite into next week’s AFC Championship Game. The rookie running back rumbled for 93 of his game-high 128 yards in the second half to continue his magical postseason ride.

“He’s got fresh legs,” right guard Brandon Moore said. “He’s determined. He doesn’t play like a rookie. He knows what his role is. He’s been a huge asset for us.”

He broke the Chargers’ spirit with the gallop that featured him running right over safety Eric Weddle en route to pay dirt and a new team mark. For the second week in a row, Greene provided the signature moment of the game by bowling over an unsuspecting safety.

“Once I got to the second level, I just had to make the safety miss,” Greene said. “I did that. From there, it was all green grass. When you see the green grass in the end zone, it feels like you’re in a dream.”

Fitting for a kid on a dream run this postseason. Greene has rushed for 263 yards on 44 carries in his first two career playoff games, displaying a scary combination of power and speed that has ignited the Jets’ top-ranked rushing attack.

“I saw him trying to go low,” Greene said of Weddle. “I just dipped my shoulder. You definitely do (feel it). I’m not Superman. But that’s what this game is about. It’s about being physical. It’s about being tough.”

Greene’s burst broke his own record (39 yards) set last week for the longest postseason run in franchise history. It was vintage Greene, who ran behind a solid zone blocking call. The Jets gained just 47 yards on the ground in the first half before Greene paved the way for a 169-yard team effort.

“We’ve been able to stay with the ground and pound,” left guard Alan Faneca said. “It takes time to weather the storm and see what they’re doing to our assignments. Then we can get to some plays that work.”

On a day when workhorse Thomas Jones gained just 41 yards, Greene left little doubt that the Jets have a new No. 1 running back in town. So when he scored early in the fourth quarter to give the Jets a 17-7 lead, he channeled his inner LaDainian Tomlinson by imitating the Charger running back’s trademarked end zone celebration.

“Just having fun,” Greene said with a laugh. “He didn’t get to do it, so I did it for him.”

One locker over, Mark Sanchez had a question he was dying to ask his teammate of the Tomlinson impersonation:

“Did you flip it?” Sanchez asked.

Greene nodded.

“No you didn’t!” Sanchez said. “That was awesome. Did you see his rap on the Megatron?”

Greene nodded again.

“Yeah, I wanted to do that,” he said of Tomlinson’s music video that turned into a YouTube sensation last week. “But it came out too fast. I couldn’t learn it.”

#3 Section 227. Row 5, Jan 18, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2010
  4. JeTerps

JeTerps Active Member

oh man - best play in recent memory!!

When he plowed Eric Weddle I was going absolutely nuts. After he did run Weddle over, after the first 10 yards, I figured he'd get caught from beind. Once Greene reached the 15 it was obvious he was going to score. Jets up by two scores! We're in control of this game now! We've got them right where we want them! Woo-whoo!!!!!

(BTW - How did this guy slip to the 3rd round?? The commentators last night said that during the evaluation process leading up to the draft that the Jets compared Greene favorably to Michael Turner. When you think about it... that's exactly who he runs like. Strong and can break a tackle, one move and runs downhill. Now nobody can say he doesn't have breakaway speed either!)

5. Section 227. Row 5

It's great to know we have Greene for when Jones finally runs out of gas. I agree about the pick... phenominal pick. This guy is so far ahead of expectations it isn't even funny.

6. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

after that challenged fumble by jim. I started drinking so heavy. I'm extremely hung over right now.

go shonn greene

[​IMG]

7. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

Aahaha "Did you flip it"....."No you didn't!"....

You've got to love the fun they're having through all this....how loose everyone is....this is what football is all about, really.....and credit Rex for creating the atmosphere.

8. Section 227. Row 5

Greene on imitating LT in the end zone:

?Just having fun,? Greene said with a laugh. ?He didn?t get to do it, so I did it for him.?

You gotta love it.

9. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

i dont drink during away games only home games.
    but i was servely hungover when the game started. tried pulling the trigger several time to no avail.then i ate some greasy food.
    by halftime i was all good.

10. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

WTF? He's a rookie, there is no "vintage" Greene.

11. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

Can somebody make a .gif of that Shonn Green TD?

12. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

The shear confidence of this team is down right wrong. This is the Jets we are talking about, they should quaking in their boots....

blah blah blah gonna lose.... tall.... blah blah explosive blah blah just not possible... blah blah going to lose.

Well fuck you experts. This team has the confidence of a super bowl winner. They are more confident than I have ever seen a NY team and they are having fun with it. It just defies logic.

Hell I worry Sanchez and Greene might get complacent, I mean hell, Its been pretty easy for them so far, they cannot assume that it will be handed to them....

13. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Zing!!!!!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

#13 gustoonarmy, Jan 18, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2010
  14. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

he ran a 4.6 forty.tenth fastest rb @ the combine.but really who cares why just glad he's here.he's definitely my next jersey

15. UKJet

UKJet Member

A thing of beauty :)

16. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

You cut off the LT pose at the end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is the best part.

17. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

when i saw him break the run i was like what!?!?!? no flag?!? oh my god@!!!!!!!

dude i'm still amped

18. Royce Parker

Royce Parker Well-Known Member

I just watched that about 20 times in a row... :beer:

19. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

I jumped up and put my head through the drop ceiling I have in the basement

20. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

the best part is #31 who chases Greene downfield to give him the elbow brush to the the head 5 yds deep into the endzone... 31 had a legitament chance of making the tackle closer to the line of scrimage but froze up.