If Indy wins and we do how much will Rex learn

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jetsandtheunder, Jan 16, 2010.

1. NY Sack Exchange7

NY Sack Exchange7 New Member

Good work here! I agree! Each season come playoff time, its almost like te NFL decides which team is the "Feel-Good" story of the week. That team gets all the calls. Proof: Anyone remember the Steelers/Seahawks game? Each and every play went the Steelers way cause' The Bus was going to play at "home". Same thing each year.

2. Quack

Quack New Member

Yep. The Bengals game last week was almost comical with the calls going their way, but the SECOND that the game was out of their reach, it was raining yellow for the slightest Bengal infraction.

3. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

If the Jets get past San Diego, a big if...... The refs are going to be a big factor next week. If they are like an extra Colt on the field, the Jets are screwed. The Jets have a big swagger, trash talking reputation like Rex (un deserved) and that will come into play. imo........

4. Marblex

Marblex New Member

Do you guys agree that the Colts impressed absolutely nobody tonight?

Okay, they won by 3 scores, but the Ravens offense was about the most incompetent I've ever seen a unit be in the playoffs. Horrific playcalling (Why on earth would you give one of the most dangerous running backs in the NFL 13 carries when your built to run the ball?), loads of penalties, and 4 turnovers. Yeah, that's not gonna cut it in the playoffs.

Meanwhile, the Ravens D only gave up 20 to the lord and savior that is Peyton Manning whilst being constantly put back on the field the minute they got off it.

The fact that Manning threw 2 INTs, one of which didn't count because of some laughable officiating. Speaking of which, are the Colts O-lineman eligible to hold on every play without getting called or something?

And the fact that Indy's running game makes even ours look like the Titans.

I honestly think whoever wins tommorow, will beat Indy next week.

5. masivemunkey

masivemunkey Member

I don't know their defense looked pretty solid, but they definitely got a lot of help from the Raven's drops and fumbles. Their offense looked really dominant at times and really weak other times. If we end up beating the Chargers, I think we'll be able to beat the Colts.

6. Marblex

Marblex New Member

Yeah, agreed, their D looked good, but this was against a Ravens offense who just did not play to their strengths at all.

And I forgot to point out the six dropped passes the Ravens had.

I'm not saying Indy are bad, I just believe they are very beatable.

7. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

No disagreements here............ The Colts are one big life support system for Peyton. Do the refs have to be as well?

Edit: The Colts D looked impressive but the Ravens were really bad on O. They looked like the Jets earlier this season when Sanchez was giving games away. Still think that D can be taken advantage of.

#27 Miamipuck, Jan 17, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2010
  8. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Yeah just wait till Braylon gets ahold of the Colts..... He will make that look like nothing.

9. Marblex

Marblex New Member

Ha, Braylon has had less drops than that all year.

10. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Oh I know, sounded funny though. You should know my approach by now....lol

11. Marblex

Marblex New Member

Dammit, I thought as much.

Its too damn hard to detect sarcasm over the internet.

12. JetsLookingforDWare

The Colts D is legit. Manning is Manning.

That'd be a good game.

13. masivemunkey

masivemunkey Member

Are we talking about the regular season Manning or the post season choke artist Manning?

14. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

I'm agreeing with Marblex on this one. It looked like the Ravens' coaching staff and offense tried everything they could to lose this game, with a lot of help from the officiating.

Unrelated: Dan Dierdorff was fucking horrible, again. Who the fuck gave this stupid fuck a job and then decided not to take it away from him? That person deserves 3 days in the stocks near a farmers' market.

San Diego delenda est.

15. JetsLookingforDWare

The same HOF arguably top QB of all time Peyton Manning.

I thought Baltimore's players dropped too many passes. In hindsight, McClain's drop on the first drive set the tone.

#35 JetsLookingforDWare, Jan 17, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2010
  16. RevisOfNazareth

RevisOfNazareth New Member

Yeah..to everyone who thinks the game is rigged..I doubt any of you will be bitching when ESPN points out to get to the Superbowl in Miami we have to beat the team we beat in the Superbowl in Miami, under similar conditions in that it's a new QB vs an old time veteran, the coach instead of the qb basically guaranteed a superbowl, and not to mention the fact that its superbowl 3 to superbowl 43 blah blah blah and all of a sudden we'll get all the calls next week.

Then, when it magically lines up to being a Superbowl 3 style Superbowl, aka Sanchez vs Favre, old versus the new, respect on the line, blah blah blah, and we win..

how many will care? i know i wont. ill be buying all the memorabilia like the next guy.

17. Boltjolt

Boltjolt New Member

Personally i dont think the Ravens are that great but their defense played better than i expected against Indy and Flacco played as i expected. He will be a good one time but he wasnt as good this year as last. Sophomore slump i guess... it happens. Happened to Brees. Could happen to Sanchez too.

18. ManningOwnsAll

ManningOwnsAll New Member

I really hope you guys win tomorrow so we can play you next week. Your team is basically the Ravens with a worse QB. :breakdance:

19. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Shows how much you Don't know of our team....and that's even after you've seen us play.

That is unless you just became a fan this week which is about right in COLTS land.

How long you been a Manningiser?

20. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

We still have to deal with the Chargers fans and their tall fetishes and now we're getting invaded by these fat humps? Ugh, the ignorance just pours in during the playoffs, doesn't it.

San Diego delenda est.