CHFF prediction: Jets 23, Chargers 20

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by mst3000, Jan 15, 2010.

1. GTechSuperChargerFan

See above.

But, please, if you really feel strongly - then why not put some hard-earned money on your Jets. I mean, you're getting 7.5! And, most likely, you guys will either win this going away, or with a last-second field goal, right?

2. GTechSuperChargerFan

It would be somewhat remiss of us to not acknowledge that perhaps the Jets defense had something to do with rattling Palmer - but he also just didn't look like his better self that he showed against us.

Whether is was cause-effect it probably believed differently by Jets and Charger fans...

3. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

Just stating facts man. Of course it goes both ways, I was just adding to Hobbes' post.

If you're going to put those 2 missed field goals into play then I'll throw in our WR who dropped a TD pass and we also had to punt because our special teams committed back to back penalties to take us out of FG range. So they gave away 6 points but we gave away 10. And we still won by 10. Again, it goes both ways.

If I were to make a prediction on the game I actually see SD winning, I just done see it already being a forgone conclusion. I think it will be close with the team committing fewer mistakes winning.

#23 Kris 15, Jan 15, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2010
  4. Boltjolt

Boltjolt New Member

Sure they did to a point but even when he had time to throw he missed badly throwing too high and throwing behind the recievers. I rewatched the game and he sucked. Rivers is'nt going to miss a wide open reciever by throwing it over his head on a hook pattern. They ran the ball well on the Jets and if Palmer didnt suck so bad, they would of made a game of it and it was still close as it was but they missed two easy FG's.

5. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

i get this sick feeling we will know the outcome of the game when the first bull shit PI flag is called against Revis Christ.

nothing slows a team more than penaltys, and if the refs are 'inclined' to flag the jets with BS calls, then it game set match.

we've all heard that the refs could call holding or whatever on every snap if they wanted to. if they call a 'tight' game it will hurt us.

if they let us play, we win by 14 pts.

6. Jets42long

Jets42long Member

It's official.

7. jetsrule430

jetsrule430 New Member

well another thing we dont have in common is that your going to be trounced on by the jets and we will have a win unlike the chargers who will never get over the hump. J!E!T!S! Jets Jets Jets i love when people doubt us, just to throw it back in their face. ont matter what the records r, its 0-0, and will end with the jets more than the chargers. enought said go jets.

8. jetsrule430

jetsrule430 New Member

i could only imagine a ref blowin a call to mess us up. or something dumb like eric bartons roughing the passer in the 2006 wildcard game vs. the chargers. that gave them a second chance thank god we finished that. lets go jets im ready. play football

9. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

well played :lol:

10. jetsrule430

jetsrule430 New Member

thnaks u sir

11. Marblex

Marblex New Member

Not being a dick, but you could also say we beat Miami, who you lost to twice, and we blew Tennessee out of the water, who you only just got by.

And yes, divisional matchups are very different. Hence, you lost to the Bills who are really very bad, and we barely beat the Raiders twice, who are bad too.

Just sayin...

Edit - Sorry, didn't realise someone already posted pretty much the same thing.

#31 Marblex, Jan 16, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2010
  12. GreenMachine

Miami is alot better than their record shows. oakland is flat out awful.

Bottom Line the AFC EAST is much tougher than the West...by a huge margin

13. Marblex

Marblex New Member

I think the Steelers, Broncos, Eagles and Bengals would beg to differ with you there. And all those teams were 8-8 or better.

I would say our division is slightly easier than yours, but then these are our opinions and we are both biased.

Anyways, strength of division is totally irrelevant. We didn't get into the playoffs because of our weak division, and we have earned our place here, just like everyone else in the playoffs.

14. Quack

Quack New Member

Stop making sense. We're opposing fans, we should be whining and arguing over inane points that have nothing to do with anything and little to no grounding in logic.

For example, the Chargers are only .500 against the AFC North this season while the Jets won EVERY GAME THEY PLAYED against the AFC North.

SUCK ON THAT.

15. Marblex

Marblex New Member

:lol:

Well Mr Logical, we have won 6 games at Qualcomm Stadium this year. How many have you won there? NONE. Therefore, the Chargers are infinitely better than the Jets, and the score will be Infinity to nothing on Sunday.

OWNED.

16. Quack

Quack New Member

Crap. We're screwed unless Goodell declares it a preseason game and moves it to the Georgia Dome.

17. Marblex

Marblex New Member

Yep, and I'd say thats a likely scenario to be honest.

So including pre season, our record is 0-1 at the Georgia Dome. Yours is also 0-1.

The playoff game will go to OT, and no team will score - because of these records - and the game will be declared a stalemate after 50+ periods of OT.

Then our offense goes to the AFCCCG with your Defense.

18. Quack

Quack New Member

Hey that's an AFCCCG I'd like to see. Chargers offense and Jets defense vs Ravens pass game, Colts run game and the zebras on defense.

19. GreenMachine

Fail. We lost to Atlanta at home

20. Quack

Quack New Member

So which was the true fail here?

Zing.

Ow that hurts. :(