Rivers talking trash

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GreenMachine, Jan 15, 2010.

1. nyscene911

nyscene911 Active Member

Considering the Jets are:
    First in yards
    Second in TD's (by one)
    Fifth in YPC

I'd say their the top rushing offense in the NFL. But you can stick to your baseless opinions if it makes you feel better.

2. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Dude....

We held the number one overall offense to 10 offensive pts, in their bldg, in week 4 of a new scheme.

Your offense is number 10 overall. Facing us in week 18 peaking.

Simple question.

Does that make you better, or worse offensively than New Orleans...

Boom.

Headshot.

3. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Who gives a fuck about stats? But in this scenario, if you are running the ball 40 times a game, then chances are, you are winning or in every game.

4. 96Miles

96Miles New Member

Wow, headshot on a message board. LOL. It's not the stupidest thing I've read on forum, but it is the stupidest thing today.

Jets can lay claim to being the most prolific runners in the NFL, but other teams simply do it better. Being 1st in yards and rushing TDs while running at least 100 more times during the year than anyone else (except Carolina- 75 or so) isn't as impressive as you'd wish.

Dallas, Tennessee, Carolina, Baltimore, New Orleans, Jacksonville all run just as good or better than New York. I know, facts suck.

Like I said, if the Jets going to SD with a BS ranking title makes you feel good, so be it. Thinking you have a better chance than you do makes for a better week, and I'm all for you doing that. But all those teams actually have passing games too, and we saddled the #1 and #3 running teams in the NFL with losses towards the end of the season.

#144 96Miles, Jan 15, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2010
  5. 96Miles

96Miles New Member

Or chances are there is no/little passing game to balance it out. Yeah, who gives a shit about stats, except all those who cling to the bogus #1 ranking.

6. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

The fact that all those teams have passing games to offset the run makes the Jets look even better. Teams know there is a rookie at QB, they know the Jets will try to run 30+ times...and BOOM >>>>HEADSHOT!!!!!!

7. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

these chargers fans all have a hard time figuring out jokes.

8. GoChargers

GoChargers New Member

Jets have the best running game, great QB, best defense, best coaching, I have no idea why they're not undefeated at this point. If I had my choice I'd put the whole team in the hall of fame right now.

9. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

It is not like the Jets are racking up carries in garbage time. They are in every game, with little or no passing game and still teams can't stop it. You guys are making this easy.

10. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Well go ahead and overshoot on everything.

11. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Dallas, New Orleans, Arizona, Indy and MN have better passing games than SD. We aren't playing them we're playing you and you have a D with a soft middle and we have the best center/guard push in the league.

12. 96Miles

96Miles New Member

Yes, no sense of humor to speak of. Jets fans on the other hand, lots of sense of humor...top ranked running game--cough--

13. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

I think I am about to cry -- great post. I just want to hit something...SUNDAY 4:40!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

You are right, it is all a mirage. People are actually scared of the Jets 29th ranked passing game, that is why they get so many yards.

15. 96Miles

96Miles New Member

Great, did you beat any of those passing teams?

Legitimately?

16. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

How do you think the backup players for the Chargers feel when they hear their QB make a statement like that?

17. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Some stats on SD Rushing Defense. So I complied the stats for only RB & WR. Meaning I took out QB, punter, etc. rushing stats.

Overall average is 4.6 YPC

First half of the season, opponents averaged rank 14.50 in Yds/G. SD allowed an average of 4.27 YPC.

Second half of the season, opponents averaged rank 13.00 in Yds/G. SD allowed an average of 4.93 YPC.

Against teams in the top 10 rushing in the league, 5.31 YPC. Top 15, 5.14. Top 20, 5.00.

Against teams who rushed the ball more than 25 times in a game, 4.52.

Against top 10 teams who rushed the ball more than 25 times in a game, 4.68. Two of three of these games occurred in the first half of the season.

#157 LeonNYJ, Jan 15, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2010
  18. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Yes we did legitimately. Did the Broncos beat you like a rag doll legitimately when they were playing well. Does your win against them when they were in total collapse against everyone make it less legiemate?

19. 96Miles

96Miles New Member

^ Well if you want to call the Indy win legitimate, go ahead. Gotta cling to whatever you got.

20. 96Miles

96Miles New Member

Cool. How SD do against all these top rushing teams, I mean wins and losses?

Pretty sure it's the W that'll determine who moves on to the AFCCG.