Rivers talking trash

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GreenMachine, Jan 15, 2010.

1. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

If you go get yourself a pair of binoculars and look directly up into the sky, you may catch a glimpse of my joke breaking the sound barrier above your head.

2. Boltjolt

Boltjolt New Member

I dont care what he looks like. He is the career best in kicking % so who cares what you think he looks like. I mean look at your avatar for cris sakes.....lol
    Your HC looks like he ate a couple beachballs but he knows how to coach a defense.

#122 Boltjolt, Jan 15, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2010
  3. GTechSuperChargerFan

Sigh. Are you referring to the Oakland Raiders as the #26 defense? That is the closest team I can see that was a tighter game. Oh, the same team that managed to beat Denver, Pitt, Cincy, Eagles, and played balty to a one score game?

I guess beating that team by a score is worse than losing...twice...to the mighty Miami Dolphins.

To quote the classiest guy in sports: "Please child".

4. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

LOL.. WTF is that quoting?????

Please, child.... LOL LOL LOL...

5. Boltjolt

Boltjolt New Member

And Buffalo ...love how these guys try to dispell who we played when we swept the NFC East while they are losing to Miami twice and Buffalo and Jax.

This game cant get here fast enough.

6. JetsLookingforDWare

ROTFL.

[​IMG]

7. HOI

HOI Active Member

WOW!! How the hell did you ever take down the Mighty Giants and the Redskins? Fuck it...cancel the playoffs....give these guys the trophy now.

8. GoChargers

GoChargers New Member

roflmao at this entire thread, I guess what they say about new yorkers being paranoid holds true.

9. Boltjolt

Boltjolt New Member

Same way mighty Buffalo took you down. And we beat Washington with our backups playing 95% of the game.

10. HOI

HOI Active Member

The redskins stopped playing football after week 15. So congrats on the W.

11. Fiberlight1

Fiberlight1 New Member

Message board jokes are always tough to figure out

12. Boltjolt

Boltjolt New Member

So did Indy ...DOH

Im still waiting for you to have something resembling a football take. And you complained about our forum? :eek:hmy:

13. GoChargers

GoChargers New Member

lol you got that right.

#133 GoChargers, Jan 15, 2010
  14. HOI

HOI Active Member

Football take...

Are you guys the better team? Yea...I would say so. However I dont think you guys are going to win this game as easily as you think. Revis has shut down better WR than VJ all season. Tall ones too...VJ extra inch and 10 lbs isnt going to make much of a difference. Gates is going to be a problem for us. Rhodes will probably stick with him and although he did a good job on Tony G. I have little faith in him.

My primary concern is Sproles catching passes in the flat. Especailly when we blitz. If we send guys and dont get through...Rivers dumps to DS...we're in trouble. Also our special teams has been on a decline since we lost some key players. Every time we punt or kickoff I hold my breath.

We have to control the clock. I know your D has improved recently but the fact is we run on everyone. And putting 9 guys in the box isnt anything new to the Jets. We've run over better run D's than yours this season with 9 in the box. If we can hold you guys to 20 or less points going into the 4th Q we have a hell of a chance.

Bottom line: If Sanchez doesnt turn it over and isnt forced to throw more than 20 or so passes...i think we win

#134 HOI, Jan 15, 2010
  15. Boltjolt

Boltjolt New Member

Nice!...i can agree with some of that. If we slow your run attack, i think that bodes well for us. You have run everygame, but not always effectively with only a 3.0 ave against Atlanta and a 2.7 VS Miami and a couple others that were under 4 YPC so if we can do that, that is a major victory as that will help get you off the field.

The thing i do like about Rivera is that he tailors the defensive plan to what he sees on film. McNabb went nuts on us in the air but they couldnt run well and we played soft to not allow a deep ball and they didnt get any and we shedded their defense.

Gave Palmer the middle of the field but asside from two good runs they didnt run well either and Dallas didnt run that great on us either which helped get after Romo.

Hopefully he has a good plan againt you guys.

We shall see. Should be a good game and really since your defense is so good i think your team is our biggest threat. There is always the Manning factor but we can score on them and im not real worried about Baltimore.

So if we get past you, i think the SB is doable for us.

16. 96Miles

96Miles New Member

Good luck with that. The Chargers defense has faced better running teams than the Jets, teams that actually had passing games too, and have come out on top. Jets fans are in love with that "ranking" but it's not what it's cracked up to be.

#136 96Miles, Jan 15, 2010
  17. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

Since when has that ever been a stereotype?

"You know what they say about people from Virginia and hamsters..."

18. Jets42long

Jets42long Member

Hey assclown it's "child please"

19. nyscene911

nyscene911 Active Member

Considering the Jets have the top-ranked run offense...No, they haven't.

20. 96Miles

96Miles New Member

--cough--bullshit--cough--

Right. Well running the ball 40 times a week, way more than any other team, can get you the top overall yardage. But in terms of effectiveness, the Jets ranked more like 7th or 8th. But stick to the #1 if it feels better.