Rivers talking trash

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GreenMachine, Jan 15, 2010.

1. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

The Jets really didn't do much trashtalking past the Saints game, with the exception of our Dolphins matchups, which had both sides talking way too much smack.

Seems like you got your wish and couldn't even appreciate it.

2. Marblex

Marblex New Member

Dude, last week was the first time Sanchez has impressed all season.

As for Volek, he's comtemplated being a starter somewhere else, but hes getting old and he said he likes living in SD, and he is quite happy being a backup. If you don't think he is a solid starter, you've never seen him play.

Rivers got injured at 24-21 down against Indy in the playoffs in '07 and Volek led a game winning drive.

Just sayin...

3. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

The Chargers got Volek because TN signed Collins and demoted Volek to third string behind Young and demanded a trade.

He was brought in as a back up, always was a back up and always will be a backup. Sancez is quality NFL starting QB talent. He's a rookie but he is very talented and doesn't throw like a girl.

#83 winstonbiggs, Jan 15, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2010
  4. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

I saw the clip last night and Norve said what i posted.

Does Phillip Rivers always stutter like that?

5. Marblex

Marblex New Member

I know, but hes probably one of the most solid backup QBs in the league right now, and he's played well for us whenever we give him playing time.

Something tells me if he was still at the Titans he would be 2nd behind Young now. And Young is pretty good. Not great, but good.

6. winstonbiggs

If he was better than Collins Fisher would have played him. Fisher is a top NFL coach.

7. Marblex

Marblex New Member

Oh yeah, I don't doubt that in 3 or 4 years Sanchez will be far better. But right now, he isn't. But then no rookie QB is ever good really.

8. winstonbiggs

Sanchez is the only reason the Chargers deserve to be big favorites. The reality is he also has huge ability and the Jets have weapons on O. He can lite you up as well as throw some picks. It wouldn't shock me at all to see Sanchez throw 2 or 3 TD passes in this game or get picked a few times if the game calls for him to throw the ball allot.

You can down play it all you want, Sanchez has the ability to be the best player on the field Sunday.

9. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

The Colts argument is getting old. If they were that far superior to us the game wouldn't have been 15-10 with three lead changes by late in the 3rd quarter. It would have been 30-3 or something, they would have pulled their starters and ran out the clock, but that wasn't the case. Nobody knows what would have happened and we won't unless we go back there and play them again. Any doubt about the Bengals regular season game should have been erased by going to Cincinnati and beating them in the playoff game.

It doesn't matter what that goober says, we'll see what happens on Sunday. They're obviously the higher seeded team, that's why they had a bye and home game, I think everyone is aware of that, so basically he said nothing.

10. Marblex

Marblex New Member

Well yeah. If you guys had an elite QB you would probably have been 12-4 or better this season. That's obvious. All the games you lost were plagued by rookie QB mistakes.

Yeah of course he has the ability to be the best player on the field on sunday, but if he is then I would expect the scoreboard to look EXTREMELY one sided in your favour, because that will mean you have a better passing attack, better rushing attack, and better defense.

11. winstonbiggs

You finally get it!:beer:

12. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

sorry usually when I first see a thread being 5 pages long I don't read the entire thing

13. Marblex

Marblex New Member

Haha, its true. But you gotta admit, the chances of Sanchez out shining Rivers on Sunday are slim.

You guys are going to try and do it the tough, old school way. We are going to try and do it the pretty way.

And whoever wins will have won because they executed better. Both teams know exactly what the other team is going to try to do.

14. The Green Dude

The Green Dude 2008 Best Avatar Award Winner

Here is a quote from Turner off of ESPN:

""I don't like the term 'shutdown corner' because I think that's hard to find, and it gets thrown around pretty loosely," Chargers head coach Norv Turner said, "but I think I might use that term with Revis. He's awfully impressive on tape. He just goes after it, and he plays every play like this game is meant to be played, and he is very impressive."

So which is it Norv?

15. winstonbiggs

Old school works. The Chargers are a watered down version of the 01 Rams without the great running back. The Pats with a shut down corner and a young QB took them out. I'm not saying were as good as the 01 Pats but the Chargers aren't close to as good as the 01 Rams.

16. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

It's not just QB vs QB, if it was we wouldn't have a chance, as good as I think Sanchez is going to be. Last time we played in the playoffs, we had Chad Pennington with a serious throwing shoulder injury and they had Drew Brees, should have been a mismatch. You never know what happens.

17. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

I hope our Defense Takes our Rivers. He can't make plays from his back!

18. abyzmul

I'm sure that was exactly the Colts intentions going into that game. Run up the score in the first half and coast with their backups in the second.

When the Jets scored and took the lead with the second half opening kickoff, they kept their starters in a while longer to get the lead back and look good while still sitting their starters for the rest of the game.

My dream playoffs run is to win this game, kick the shit out of the Colts in the AFCC and then beat the Saints in the Super Bowl. 2009 demons immediately exorcised.

19. abyzmul

That's pretty weak. I hope our defense intercepts him and strip sacks him and demoralizes him. And I hope he is healthy the entire time.

20. SuperBowl50

SuperBowl50 Member

Who cares if he's healthy or not? We can win 10-9 or 35-34. I just want a win.

That said, I want this defense to show its stuff and knock the snot out of them.