Rivers talking trash

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GreenMachine, Jan 15, 2010.

1. GTechSuperChargerFan

Pressure, especially consistent, is sure better than intermittent sacks, but I was responding to a poster who directly stated that the Jets would take "Rivers out of the game by the second quarter". That only happens by sacks or direct hits. I don't see that happening.

2. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

insert cock here.

3. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Bullentin Board material............don't be so sure Norval.

4. GreenSwarm57

GreenSwarm57 New Member

Christmas Eve three seasons ago, I remember Rivers walking up and down the sideline to yell across the entire field at Jay Cutler. This went on for nearly an entire quarter... Anyone who ever puts the word "class" in a description of Rivers is making an error.

As for the Chargers' second stringer (Volek?) being better than Sanchez... You must not have seen the Jets/Bengals game last week. If Volek were any good, he would be starting somewhere, not holding clipboards and polishing Rivers' nutsack.

5. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Again, our team is full of loudmouths. How can we complain when other teams open their mouths?

6. nyscene911

nyscene911 Active Member

We're fans--its what we do.

7. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Well, our guys are just telling the truth of course.

8. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

This pathetic response speaks voluumes about your in depth football knowledge......:rofl2:

9. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I don't pay too much attention to woofing between games. But it is kind of interesting in a clinical way why Rivers would make that comment. I mean why not so much as what he said.

Of course some people merely think out loud without considering what effect their doing so has. That may be all this is about.

But does Rivers think saying stuff like that has an effect on the Jets? On his own team?

I would think that sort of thing, that sort of talk, would only fire the Jets up. It's about the only reason I pay attention to this whole respect thing. For me as a fan respect is both something you can get by earning it and also if you haven't been getting it, will be twice as sweet when you are shown to deserve it. Otherwise, meh who cares?

But for the Jet players, I have to think it means something, and not in a way that would discourage them, but would get them fired up.

The converse is one where a team gets over confident because everyone around them is saying how great they are, as if they can just glide to a win, make it look easy. Should the Charger players think that when they hear Rivers's comment?

Well, most likely he's just a dumbass thinking out loud.

10. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

[​IMG]

11. nyscene911

nyscene911 Active Member

^Fantastic.

12. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Norv Turner has been incredibly complimentary to Revis. The quote is completely out of context basically untrue and since it's not sourced BS.

13. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

EXACTLY. I posted something similar to this a few weeks ago. Anyone who says the Jets "don't deserve to be in the playoffs" needs to offer a team who DOES deserve to be playing playoff football, in place of the Jets. The bottom line is, the concept of "deserves to be in" is total bullshit anyway. You deserve to be in if you qualified with your record and given tie-breakers. All 32 teams knew the qualifying rules and tie-breakers going into the season. According to those rules and guidelines, the Jets qualified for the 5th seed in the AFC playoffs. Case closed.

Also, no one told Pittsburgh to lose to Cleveland, Kansas City AND Oakland (AT HOME!!!!! - what happened when the Jets played Oakland ON THE ROAD????). No one told Denver to lose to Oakland AND Kansas City BOTH AT HOME. (And to lose their last three overall) No one told the Dolphins to lose their last three games of the season, the last two of which were at home. No one told the Texans to get offensively SHUT OUT in their home opener against the Jets. Game. set. Match.

14. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

Norv didn't disrespect Revis at all. You didn't say the entire quote.

He said basically he doesn't believe in a 'shutdown corner' AND than he said, but you watch Darrelle Revis play and he can be called that.

15. winstonbiggs

The Jets deserve to be in the playoffs because this year with the exception of the Chargers and Colts the AFC was a pile of mediocrity.

16. Lynkx

Lynkx Active Member

This has been said about 20 times throughout the thread man.

17. winstonbiggs

Here's the quote.
    http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/9203/versus-revis-all-wrs-in-elimination-game

18. Lynkx

Lynkx Active Member

19. winstonbiggs

Nothing wrong with kicking the dead, they can't kick back.

I just don't like the idea that there's another team talking trash. We all know the Jets success this year was the direct result of Trash Talking. If the Chargers start Trash Talking they might start playing better and that makes me nervous.

20. stanner

stanner Member

incomplete pass + piledriver =/= sack, but it still hurts as much.