Rivers talking trash

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GreenMachine, Jan 15, 2010.

1. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Ocho isn't classy, but his antics are never derogatory or harmful to anyone, they're in good fun. I don't have a problem with it.

I agree there is no rivalry between these teams and the only way thats going to happen is if the Jets become a 1st place team like the Chargers and we face each other every year, because everyone knows no division rival of yours is scaring you anytime soon.

2. IrishSteveZ

IrishSteveZ New Member

Yep, Exactly what I heard Turner say, he gave Revis props and said he doesnt usually use the term shut down corner, but Revis is a shutdown corner.

3. GTechSuperChargerFan

Oakland's fans scare me everytime I realize that they are actually voters.

4. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

You could jump over Iggy's dick!

San Diego delenda est.

5. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Haha, very funny of Norv Turner. So far Revis has stopped everyone and theres nothing to say he won't stop Vince either.

As for nobody let us win comment, Jets earned the right to the playoffs and will not let the Chargers win, as per Rivers quote.

6. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

This may be true but there is no other team I hate in the entire league more than the san diego chargers this week. Never was a fan but i gotta say fuck the chargers and the rest of southern california.

7. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

They scare me every time I realize they're actually people.

I always think they are aliens from the planet Gay Halloween.

8. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

oh yea, almost forgot.....:chargers:

9. McCluneNYJ

McCluneNYJ Active Member

Rivers is a cocky loudmouth. Has been since he got to town. I say town because San Diego is home.

You may not remember the shellacking in the regular season or the 2004 playoff win, but I do. I was nearly lynched at the Silver Fox after the Jets won. This rivalry means plenty.

My argument all week to coworkers/friends/neighbors is that the Chargers have to show they can stop the run first. Nobody replies, they just say Chargers are the best.

10. Boltjolt

Boltjolt New Member

:lol:...LOL , Norv did not exactly say that or at least that is your misinterpretation.
    What? Your writers there trying to muster up billboard material? LOL

He did say he didnt believe in a shut down corner but he also said Revis was very impressive on tape and he was as close as it gets.

Shezzz

And Rivers... why dont you post the whole thing? LOL....your funny man! Whatever you need to get fired up. Good stuff dude! :up:

You guys can say all you want about Rivers. He isnt anything but a comtetitor who may talk, much like your LB doers but Rivers dont use curse words or nothing like that so think what you want. Dude is a solid citizen and a great football player. Not a whinng bitch like Cutler who throws everybody under the bus.

#50 Boltjolt, Jan 15, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2010
  11. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Wow...first twisting the stats all over the place and now equating a sideline meal to mean that ?

You guys better be ready to Cheer Volek on Because Rivers will be broke the fuk up by the 2ndQ.
    Hows that for class act?

and b4 you get all vag busted, i never wish injury on anyone...but something wicked this way comes muthafukas

12. uknowmysteelo

uknowmysteelo New Member

Funny how you guys actually believed those BS quotes and got all riled up.
    :lol:

Despite what you may believe, the Bolts are smart enough to not put out bulletin board material.

13. GTechSuperChargerFan

We're flattered I'm sure - our own "suck" sign.

I leave you with this on this fine night.

:martin: :beer:

Curtis Martin won't be able to run on Leslie O'Neal and our stingy defense, especially with our rookie Junior Seau prowling around.

14. GTechSuperChargerFan

When have I ever "twisted any stats"?

Wait, I thought you guys don't do sacks, just "pressures"...are you going to peer "pressure" Rivers out of the game? C'mon, man, everyone's doing it - it's the cooooolest...

15. GTechSuperChargerFan

I think I would root AGAINST the Chargers if somehow we ever traded for Cutler. That's how much I dislike that SOB.

16. ShutEmDownRevis

ShutEmDownRevis New Member

for real.....

17. ShutEmDownRevis

ShutEmDownRevis New Member

you're an idiot

ask palmer about "pressures"

18. GTechSuperChargerFan

Oh, I'm not delusional, I think you'll get rushing yards. The stats support that completely. However, I also think your QB will be forced into some 3rd down situations that will test his poise (or lack thereof), and TOs will decide this game and take you out of your gameplan.

I certainly remember that Kaeding f-up in '04, I was back in grad school, and didn't go into lab for two days (cough, cough, I'm sick...). You did kick our butts in the reg season, I can't forget Chad effing Pennington beat us.

I don't think I will ever forget Sanchez beating us if that happens. That would be f-ckall.

19. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Sacks happen too, but ask the 08 Jets if Sacks were more important than consistent pressure. They'll tell you where it got them.

20. GTechSuperChargerFan

Comparing Carson Palmer to Philip Rivers is more idiotic than anything I could come up with.

But I am sure Philip Rivers will be "out by the second quarter" according to one of your brethren.

Oh, it's too bad our second-string Qb is still far superior to Dirty Sanchez.