Predictions.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by sunnygs97, Jan 14, 2010.

1. GTechSuperChargerFan

Norvvvvv!

Well, I would count the divisional Playoff at heavily favored Colts 2 years ago a pretty big playoff win.

Nope, they lost to the perfect Patriots, but were within one score almost 55 minutes of the game...without a (much better then) LT and with Rivers with a blown ACL.

2. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

this is the year for him to remove that stigma... but if the Jets pull the largest upset in the playoff this year, its only going to get worse

3. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Did you really expect Cedric Benson a guy we were keying on to torch our D for 171 last week to keep an outclassed Bengals team in the game?

Look outside the numbers. Tomlinson has been comming on and hasn't over carried this year. This is the first year where he is actually healthier at the end of a season than at the begining of a season. I think he is going to be a factor and maybe a big factor. SD was outright torched by the running game early in the year after their NT went down. The last 5 6 games they have been much better. The Jets on the other hand have statistically a good run D ranked 8th but they have been run on and given up huge running numbers in half the games including last week.

The Chargers have more weapons in the passing game which includes maybe the best TE in the league and two backs who can do damage in the screen game and in the flat.

They have been a banged up team that was able to win 11 in a row including going into Dallas and beating a very good Dallas D on the road. They are as healthy right now as they have been all season. We are going to have our hands full.

We have a shot but they have the better team, more experience and a tough experienced QB. They are rested and at home. The Jets have got to play perfect.

#83 winstonbiggs, Jan 14, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2010
  4. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Glad you liked it... :) Did you come here for univeristy reasons? Yeah the north and the south of Italy are very different cultures and style of life... I enjoy Milan better than the south too.

Saints vs Cards will be a great game... I give the edge to the Cardinals because I love Warner and Fitzgerald...

I agree we can indeed pull an upset but we really have to play the perfect game on defense.. and I mean PERFECT.

5. JeTsInTexas

JeTsInTexas Member

I took an intensive italian language course and did a little traveling. I'm planning to go back in the near future to get a masters degree at Universit? Bocconi

6. B1nary Bolt Fan

B1nary Bolt Fan New Member

Reverse it.

I agree with Scouts Inc.

7. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

I don't think it will be that close. The anticipation is driving me nuts.

8. SydneyDon

SydneyDon 2008/2009 TGG The Green Card "International Poster

Chargers 24
    Jets 17

9. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

That's a very good university... send me a PM if you do/need something from Milan ;).

Who knew... last year there were actually 3 Jets fans in Italy!

10. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

If we win:
    Jets 28
    Chargers 17

If we lose:
    Jets 14
    Chargers 31

11. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

The fans definitely cared, they were into that game at least until the half, when they realized that their miracle Pats weren't going to get back into it with one of their fabled comebacks - and the Pats went into that game as one of the hottest teams in the league. But they got punched in the mouth early and never recovered.

It happens, even to the best of teams (which the Pats clearly are not at this point). I don't expect the Chargers to get tail-whipped like New England did last Sunday, but I also don't count out the Jets' defense from putting them in a good position to do it.

I have spent my life rooting for this team and have never seen the type of defensive dominance that I saw for the majority of the 2009 season (minus a few ill-timed end-of-game scheming miscues that resulted in late-game losses) - and that is before AND after the loss of our All Pro NT Kris Jenkins.

This is where most of the enthusiasm you see from Jets fans on this board is coming from. We're not used to it.

#91 abyzmul, Jan 14, 2010
  12. JeTsInTexas

JeTsInTexas Member

Grazie mille amico

13. NEJets

NEJets Member

Jets 26 , SD 24...

14. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

Jets - 21
    Chargers - 20

15. John127

John127 New Member

Thanks, gonna check out the articles.

16. BigGorilla

BigGorilla New Member

My prediction
    Rivers - 2 interceptions
    Sanchez - 3 interceptions

17. bigalxc

bigalxc Active Member

Bulls 402 Pistons 0 but Jordan is held to under 200 points

#97 bigalxc, Jan 14, 2010
  18. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Actually Benson was what I was afraid of in the Bengals game. A true dominant power runner with the ability to break a tackle and get outside and run some. I wasn't surprised at all, given the season that he's had and the FACT that the Jets were going to make Palmer miserable, that he had a big day and that as a result the Bengals kind of hung around in the Jets vicinity until late in the 3rd.

Well, if you want to believe that Tomlinson is going to be a big factor you have to look outside the numbers, as you suggest, because the numbers have been bad for him all year long and didn't get any better in the stretch run. For the record he had 86 carries for 271 yards in the last 5 games that he really played in before he sat to "rest" in the season finale. The 3.2 YPC he gave the Chargers in those 5 games was worse than his season average of 3.3 and the 54 yards per game were just slightly better than his season average of 49. If this is "coming on" then please let him keep on coming against the Jets.

Seriously, if you want to believe the Jets are big dogs here because it makes you feel better going into the game then by all means feel that way. I think the Chargers are the dogs, and while every dog has it's day now and then I think the Jets will win this one pretty handily.

19. GTechSuperChargerFan

I wonder if three games ago (before the backups games and cincy calling it a season three weeks ago) you would be saying the same thing.

Certainly the Bolts have gotten nothing if not better in that span, and more healthy. The Jets really can only say they've played one true game, which they did very well.

I think this is a case of selective memory brought about by very recent success in questionable circumstances.

Put it another way: no one on the Bolts were declaring us SB contenders even after we beat KC and the Raiders after our 2-3 start. We hadn't proven anything really. The Jets really haven't played anyone better, since the worst team in the NFL is better than the best team's 2nd and 3rd stringers.

20. Jets80win

Jets80win New Member

Jets 24 Chargers 20