Predictions.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by sunnygs97, Jan 14, 2010.

1. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Haha, nice work :) hanno is plural... you should you use abbia.

You should say "Anche io spero che lei abbia torto". You can use "tu" instead of "lei" because tu is the informal way of saying "you" while "lei" is formal. But I appreciate your respect towards me :p

Hey, I think I could quite enjoy TGG in Italian :beer:

2. John127

John127 New Member

Just out or curiosity, who are you referring to?

3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I am pretty much on board with you, unless the Jets get an early lead, because I think they can maintain one, even against the Chargers - turnovers are going to win this game. I don't think they will win a close game, because that is when Rex shifts into 'bend but do not defend' mode with his ineffective zones at the end of games - i.e. the Jax and Miami games, plus the Atl and Buffalo losses.

I think Sanchez can make plays in big passign situations, because they aren't going back to the complicated version of Schotty's O in a playoff game with everything on the line. I am, however, suspicious of Braylon's ability to do anything in clutch situations. I think Schotty is too, evidenced by the 2 or 3 passes he had designed for him last Saturday. But they will need some 9 routes early to get the Chargers on their heels a little bit, and it's either Edwards or Clowney. At this point I am not sure I'd be too sad to see a pass or 2 thrown 87's way.

I'd kill to have Kris Jenkins back for this game. And Leon, to boot.

#63 abyzmul, Jan 14, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2010
  4. JeTsInTexas

JeTsInTexas Member

Heyy, I lived in Milan last year and enjoyed it very much. Much friendlier people in northern Italy than the south. Definitely miss going for aperitivo

5. concussion80

concussion80 New Member

If we pick off Rivers and march down the field for 10 minutes, guess what? I don;t care how tough he is, he's on the sideline serving Gatorade while we milk clock and score. When he gets back in, he's even more desperate. Let's not make any of our opponents out to be super human bro. They barely beat Cleveland and the Bengals late in the season. They had a nice win at Ten but we've had some nice wins too.

6. SDMisfit

SDMisfit New Member

spot on analysis? so why is that none of the professional analysts are as "spot on"?

Surely, Las Vegas wants to make as much money as possible this weekend... I wonder why those folks weren't privy to such a "spot on" analysis prior to making their lines for the game.

biased, one sided, delusional... those are words that come to mind... not "spot on".

7. ........

........ Trolls

I agree with all but the last one. I think we have the best chance of pulling off an upset outside of Dallas, though.

8. SDMisfit

SDMisfit New Member

The Cleveland game wasn't as close as the score suggests, nor was the Dallas game (which you failed to mention)

We played a Bengals team that was emotionally jacked up for that game after losing a fellow team member. Surely, you can understand the emotion they brought to the table in that game, and how that loss could have been the beginning of their unraveling... which you took advantage of.

That said... we still won. You barely beat Buffalo in week 13 and lost to a hobbled Atlanta team in week 15 did you not?

9. Marblex

Marblex New Member

Some very good points, completely biased, but hey, you can't really complain about that on a Jets forum.

To contemplate a blowout win for the Jets is pretty laughable though. The game will likely be won by a narrow margin by either side, and if the Chargers build up a quick lead, and the game is put entirely in Sanchez' hands, it could get ugly (You can't expect a rookie to carry his team to a playoff win against one of the best teams in the NFL right now).

10. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

I think the Colts are definitely winning. And I think the Cowboys are definitely winning. Out of the other two games, I see one being an upset. Let's hope it's the Jets.

11. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

That's just silly. Football games are won and lost by plays being made by both sides.

I don't agree with your analysis. Brady did torch us when he was healthy and had Welker. NO ran all over us and won the game rather easily in spite of the fact that you wan't to hang your hat on a moral victory. This is still a 9 and 7 team that lost games to some terrible teams because of rookie QB mistakes and defensive breakdowns late in games. We still have a rookie QB and Rivers unlike Matt Shaub isn't going to have Chris Jenkins in his grill all game.

12. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Ross Tucker and Sam Perloff at cnnsi. Peter King is thinking about picking the Jets, just that fact is enough to sniff blowout - since King isn't going to pick the Jets unless he's pretty sure they'll win.

The phrase you hear over and over again is "bad matchup for the Chargers".

13. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Anything is possible, including a blowout win by either team. Turnovers happen, and they completely change the tone of a game. Look at the Ravens/Patriots game. You could see the players on the Pats' sideline hang their heads a little lower every time Brady turned the ball over again.

Personally, I think the only way the Jets win is by 2-3 scores. If it is a close game, the Chargers most likely win it.

14. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Kris with a 'K' sir. I know, I'm nitpicking.

15. concussion80

concussion80 New Member

Jets can win the close one if they get a possession late in the game, grind it out and kick a fg like many great rushing teams are able to do.

16. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

hmmm, odd.

I still think its a bad match up for the Jets because nanee and Floyd can kill the other CBs if the pressure doesn't get to Rivers.

I'm still counting on the biggest flop of them all -- Norv Turner not winning the big playoff game. He's yet to do it as a HC. That's a big win in the jets back pocket.

17. ganggreen51

ganggreen51 New Member

Jets 20
    Chargers 16

18. richnle

richnle New Member

Jets 21
    Chargers 20

19. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

So let me take this point for point.

Brady did torch us in game 2. No Lito Sheppard. In the game we had both starting corners he had trouble. New Orleans ran all over us and that's why we lost against the Saints despite shutting down Brees? Okay. You really think San Diego can run on this defense the way New Orleans did? For the record - New Orleans had 800+ yards more rushing this season than the Chargers. The Jets lost games late on long defensive drives? Yes. The drives where they could not stop the opposing running game.

This is the Jets game. It's not a bad matchup for the Chargers, it's a terrible one. You couldn't build a team more perfectly to hit the Chargers weaknesses and nullify their strengths.

20. Marblex

Marblex New Member

I know, but teams generally get behind when they don't have a passing attack to able to come back. Although the Ravens/Pats was an exception. That Pats team came to the game acting as if it was pre season, made mistake after mistake, the fans didn't seem to care, and Tom Brady looked like he got to the point where he just wanted to go home.

I can't remember the last time we were blown out. At the Steelers game, we went down 28-0 near the end of the 3rd quarter and still came back to within 10.

Rivers has never thrown more than 2 INTs in a game in his career so I would think a blowout is extremely unlikely, but yeah your right, any given sunday.