Predictions.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by sunnygs97, Jan 14, 2010.

1. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

17-10

Jets:beer:

2. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

lol

I hope you're right, but I think you've officially lost your mind.

3. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Ah... so the battle of the rookies begins :p

I'd be actually REALLY happy if I predicted the Jets game wrong!

4. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Actually we haven't been scoring a decent amount of points out of the run game with the exception of the Bengals at home. Sanchez is still the key to us scoring enough points.

5. concussion80

concussion80 New Member

yes they will TRY to stop it, but like Cincinatti, it takes a shit load of spent energy to try stopping a committed running offense. So much so, that by the 2nd quarter, huge leaks begin to form in the dyke, and the running offense starts ripping off big plays. Not to mention the play action is now setup hook line and sinker and guys like keller, cotch and edwards( hoping)are poised to put the nail in the coffin.

Our style of play is also much better for minimizing turnovers and when you have to pass against the #1 pass D too often, you are bound to get make a mistake or 2 that can change the game.

6. concussion80

concussion80 New Member

No, he's not dumb, that's a spot on analysis of these teams and how they matchup.

I have the jets winning 31-17

7. winstonbiggs

The difference between the Bengals and the Chargers is the Chargers have a much better O and we won't be playing in freezing conditions. The Bengals ran all over us but once they fell behind they were toast even though they ran all over us. I'm not sure if we get behind we aren't toast and unless we are up by more than 2 scores SD will still be in the game. That's a ton of pressure also.

We have a shot but the QB differential if it plays out that way favors them by to much.

8. John127

John127 New Member

Well, we're certainly no offensive juggernaut regarding points for, I give you that!

9. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I never said he was dumb. I actually think he's very intelligent, I just think he may have lost his mind.

10. John127

John127 New Member

100% agree, but I said the same thing before the Bengals game (even though I know the SD passing game is MUCH better that Cincy's), which gives me a little hope for this week. If our abilily to play from behind against anyone is tested though, you're right, we're toast.

11. winstonbiggs

I really think for us to win this game we need turnovers and big plays from Sanchez or total outright domination into the second level play after play from the OL.

12. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

LOL-

Spero che lei hanno torto anche.

13. concussion80

concussion80 New Member

You act like our #1 passing defense is chopped liver. Have some confidence in our boys, they gave up 8 passing td's all year. All YEAR.

So if San Diego can get HALF that they still only have scored 28 pts.
    think about it.

14. ShaunPhillips

ShaunPhillips New Member

Chargers 26 Jets 17

15. John127

John127 New Member

See, that's the only part I disagree with - the big plays from Sanchez. I mean, yeah, I think we need him to hit a few nice play action passes or maybe a safe, deep sideline ball, but I don't see us needing him to start zipping it in there 20-30 yards over the middle like Manning or anything.

This all depends, of course, upon our ability to not fall behind because of some crazy turnover, defensive TD or special teams score. Barring a catastrophe, I think Sanchez will only need to do what he did last week.

I just don't see our D alone putting us in a high scoring shootout with them requiring Sanchez to have to win it with his arm.

16. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

17. winstonbiggs

I think our D is good, very good but not as good as the stats say because the fact is we played some of the worst QB's in the league week in and week out. I still remeber Gerrard and Henne torching us in big spots and Welker eating us up with the underneath routes.

The Atlanta game a huge game for us they walked down the field and scored on our D. SD has a big time attack and weapons. Rivers is also tough as nails he isn't going away if we smack the crap out of him or pick him off. He doesn't rattle.

I like our D but we are facing a storm of weapons and our D isn't the 85 Bears.

18. Konodmb41

Konodmb41 New Member

Jets 20- SD 16
    Dallas 24- Min 17
    NO 35- Cards 34
    Colts 28- Balt 17

19. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

Every year people get enamoured of some high-flying offense or other that "can't be stopped".

Every offense can be stopped, and having the No. 1 pass defense and No.1 overall defense is a damn good way to stop it.

The Chargers are going to walk into a buzz saw in this game.

Jets 24
    Chargers 13

20. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I just don't see where San Diego goes when we keep their passing game out of the end zone. They're not built to do anything but pass the ball. That's a lot of eggs in one basket, and when you come up against the best pass defense of the last decade or so it gets really rough to score points.

The Jets weren't like 10 yards a game better than the next best pass defense they were 30 yards a game better and they only allowed 8 scores all year. They shut down Drew Brees when he was hotter than fire. They shut down Brady 1 out out of 2 and they kept Peyton Manning out of the endzone. They shut down Matt Schaub.

They played the 4 best passing offenses in the game (and San Diego was not one of those) and they allowed ONE passing TD in 5 games against them.

Let me repeat that: Matt Schaub, Peyton Manning, Tom Brady x2 and Drew Brees passed for ONE passing TD against the Jets.

I see many of the columnists hinting at a Jet blowout but afraid to say it because it both goes against the conventional wisdom and because it's the Jets who have a history of burning writers who support them publicly.

I don't have that problem. I look at the facts and I think this is by far the Jets game to lose. They may do that, but it's still going to be their play that decides the result - not San Diego's. And I'd remind some of the columnists that this is not just the Jets we're talking about - it's Norv Turner also. There's some weak historical mojo on both sides of the equation.