Jets/Chargers Divisional Round Discussion

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Scikotic, Jan 10, 2010.

1. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Well, I said my first thought was to not blitz. But if we do blitz and I imagine we will... we will need to get to Rivers or he will hit us with quick passes to Sproles or Gates. It's more important for our front four to collapse the pocket and put pressure on him that way than to blitz. Blitzing will make us vulnerable if we don't get to Rivers or at the very least hurry him.

2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Luckily we usually have an extra man to blitz with (praise Revis), Rex will need to work overtime on his attacks though. Our front 4 is good but not VERY good. They need that help an extra man provides.

Against the Colts, it didn't seem like he had. They kept on picking up the extra men at the LOS, and Manning would hit Clark on a short route. Hopefully Rex learned his lesson during that game. Overload blitzes can be picked up if you use them too much on one side or another, and we were overloading the strong side way too much. We haven't overloaded the lmiddle a lot lately, I would like to see a man in Rivers' face up the middle a lot on Sunday, if they can get effective stunts going.

3. Murrell2878

If we get someone in Rivers' face up the middle he will not be as effective. I 100% agree with that.

I'll have to rewatch the Saints game (the closest resembling team to the Chargers we played all year) this year to see where we were blitzing from.

4. Murrell2878

Rivers against the blitz has a 106 QB rating....very dangerous

5. amNY reporter

amNY reporter Banned

NYC Jets fan for news story

spam is fun.

6. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

that's the problem with him having enough weapons to get the ball out quick.

forget the bullshit argument about them all being tall, the only thing charger fans want to talk about. They run good routes and get open quickly.

The LBs really have to bring their 'A' game for this one.