Chargers Fans Take on the Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TurkJetFan, Jan 10, 2010.

1. guerro619

guerro619 New Member

What you guys are failing to realize is during the Boltz winning streak, they've vastly improved on the D. Yes. You're D is the top one. But our D stopped when it mattered. The Giants, Cowboys, Broncos, Bengals couldn't score TD's that is the Boltz Defense. Give up the yards, but not let them get big points.

And since the Jets will be focused on running the ball. Ala Titans. What happens when they can't score. I figure a close win by the Bolts.

2. Boltjolt

Boltjolt New Member

Chris Johnson was in the 90's in yards when we pulled our starters. It was in week 15 and they were getting him his yards. They threw 21 times and ran 25 times and only had the ball 20 minutes. I dont care about that game. WHO held down Chris Johnson all year?

3. ........

........ Trolls

Indy held him to 34 yards. Wasn't someone saying their run defense was even worse than yours?

4. ........

........ Trolls

Yes, you've done a good job of keeping teams out of the end zone on the ground. The problem is, we have perhaps the best goal line running game in the league. Those teams you played late in the season? Not so much.

5. Boltjolt

Boltjolt New Member

It is and he only had 9 carries in that game. LenDale White had 10. You know , back in week 5 when LenDale was part of their plan....lol, dont think so anymore.

#305 Boltjolt, Jan 13, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2010
  6. Boltjolt

Boltjolt New Member

I think Dallas has some good RB's for that. Barber is a tough runner and we stuffed him the GL 4 straight times.
    No matter, the game will come down to execution and who takes care of the ball.

7. ........

........ Trolls

Shhhh, you weren't supposed to notice that part. Although, part of why he didn't get more carries was because he was ineffective. Indy, with its speed on defense, is actually one of the few teams that CAN play Chris Johnson decently.

8. ........

........ Trolls

9. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

Why do Chargers fans think Bailey is still in the best CB discussion at all?

10. DustinK

DustinK New Member

11. Den60

Den60 New Member

Long time Charger fan here. I've been going to games since I was 3 (1963).

Against Baltimore we were going into the game after losing:

Our backup NT (Preseason)
    Our Starting NT (First Week)
    Our Starting Center (First Week)
    Our Starting RG (First Week)
    Our Starting RB (First Week)
    Our Starting RDE (Did not play first week either)
    Our Backup RDE (Did not play the first few weeks)

We played the game with a UDFA rookie playing NT and whatever we could muster along the line. Our center was actually our backup RG (who had never played a real game at center) and our new RG was actually our backup tackle (who had never played in a real NFL game and never played RG before).

We did pick up a couple of guys on the D-line(Scott and Boone) but neither were playing the first 4 or 5 games. Both have played better as the season has progressed.

Merriman has been dealing with problems associated with his knee surgery as well as some foot problems. A couple of weeks rest probably has helped him, but he is not as dominant as once was. But, both our OLBers are going to keep Sanchez in the pocket. He will not be able to roll out like he did against Cincy. He would get killed doing so. We started utilizing a couple of more physical LBers more at ILB and our run defense improved quite a bit. Niether is great at pass defense though not nearly as bad as some fans thing. To be honest, we're not too afraid of putting the game into Sanchez's hands.

Our CBs are sound. Jammer is the best of the two but doesn't get much recognition because he doesn't get many INTs. Teams tend to throw away from him. Cromartie is not as soild but he has some exceptional physical skills (which is why he had 10 INTs two years ago). You don't want to throw an "up for grabs" ball with him, you better be accurate. Both our CB have good size but Jammer is the more physical of the two. We will probably play a lot of Kevin Eillison, who is a very physical safety. He is not our best cover safety but he is very good against the run. Weddle, the FS is pretty solid against both the run and the pass, though he is smaller.

We finally got our starting center back for our 14th game. The run blocking has been a lot better. Really, the weakest link on our O-line is our RT (they guy that had to play RG earlier). He does often get TE help and we leave the left side of the line more exposed, but it is pretty solid. He had to fill in for our starting RT who was lost for the season during our 13th game. We did pick up Runyan late in the season as insurance policy and he has seen some limited time.

I would put our schedule against the Jets any day. We played the NFC East and swept them (with wins on the road against NYG and Dal). We also beat MIA, Cincy and Tenn (on the road in a must win game for them). Just to note, we did play a first place schedule this year.

Our run defense was actually #10 down the stretch, and we played some pretty good running teams them. Our ability to run the ball improved as well, and the blocking is much better since Hardwick (C) came back. The center is the one who makes the line calls, and Hardwick is much better at that than the guy who filled in for him (who got hurt as well). LT isn't done, he just isn't the featured portion of the offense anymore. But, he is going into the playoffs healthier than he has been in the last 3 years. I wouldn't recommend discounting him.

This team has overcome a ton of injuries, mostly along the line. If I recall correctly, we have started something like 63 different players this year. Despite that, we have gotten better (not worse) as the season progressed.

If you think Revis can shut down VJ without any help you are wrong, especially if he tries to press him at the line. VJ is very physical and has long arms, hell Floyd is as well. In press coverage they get separation quickly. Teams have taken VJ away but it requires more than one player to do so. We do play against some pretty good DBs just within our division (Bailey, Aso). When Rivers sees that he just goes somewhere else, usually to Gates. You cannot cover a healthy Gates with a single safety, that just isn't going to happen. So, you have to figure on dropping a LBer to help but our scariest weapon on the short passes is when Sproles gets the ball in space. He is much more dangerous than Welker in that situation.

Well, that is all. Tonight is my bowling night. G'day!

12. TD_Sandy_Eggo

TD_Sandy_Eggo New Member

13. sdbound

sdbound New Member

Because the national press keeps telling us so. Also Cuddles has a rocket arm, Rivers is trash talking jerk, Rothlisberger is great, Belichick is a genius, Payton is all class, Brady is a tom terrific, the Redskins are an offseason dynasty, blah, blah, blah.

#313 sdbound, Jan 13, 2010
  14. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

Sounds like you should stop listening to the press. They suck for the most part...

15. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Chargers fans are so obnoxious and no very little about football. If you read any of the conversations on NFL.com your iq drops 10 points. Everyone makes such a big deal about VJ being 5 inches taller then Revis and how he is going to destroy revis because he is not as good as aso or bailey.

16. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

if you read any conversation on NFL.com your IQ drops 10 points.

They all need football 101 training.

17. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

no he isn't good as Aso or Bailey.

He's better.

18. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

None of us know what's going to happen Sunday. Except me.

[​IMG]

19. sdbound

sdbound New Member

Mr. bojanglesman I'd rep you if I could.

20. uknowmysteelo

uknowmysteelo New Member

http : //forums.signonsandiego.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7241&stc=1&d=1263211392

<--- Thought you guys might get a kick out of this. I certainly did.

#320 uknowmysteelo, Jan 13, 2010