Chargers Fans Take on the Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TurkJetFan, Jan 10, 2010.

1. ........

........ Trolls

Well, it's much appreciated. It's always good to have knowledgeable fans visiting to break up the monotony of the steady stream of retards. Of course, some of those are of a domestic nature, too, rather than foreign.

2. B1nary Bolt Fan

B1nary Bolt Fan New Member

***slaps forehead***

I'll be back tomorrow. Sweet dreams Jets fans.

BTW, You guys are all pretty cool.

This is the best opposing team board I've visited. Don't know why, but I'm surprised by that. Thanks again for putting up with us Chargers fans. You're alright.

3. ........

........ Trolls

Yeah, but it could play a factor. It would be a much more believable argument if we were in the 25 - 32 range in scoring offense rather than an average 17th, but it's still a conceivable factor, particularly when taking perception into account.

4. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

So far all most of you guys have done is skirt Questions...
    But I guess that's what happens with rah rah fans who actually know nothing of the rest of the NFL.....
    Nice job...now move along son. There are men talking football

5. Royal Tee

I'm really starting to think we shouldn't bother.
    So far all their arguments are based on, If this and...... this guy is good but he wasn't #1 ..etc....

We post facts, Stats, Numbers and it comes back to some roundabout half assed story as to why those numbers favor the JETS...

It's actually pretty comical but honestly, they not only drink the juice, they bathe in the muthafuka....

#225 Royal Tee, Jan 12, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2010
  6. wa2k99

wa2k99 Active Member

I went to "glorify the past" and 67 percent pick SD to win by at least 10 points. they think a high school team could beat their Bolts before the Jets do. The funniest part is how they say EVERYONE picks the Jets because of the hype of Revis and Rex.

They are truly pathetic.

7. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

There is very little substance in their posts, which leads me to believe that it would be no major loss if we just burnt their city to the ground and plowed salt into the earth.

San Diego delenda est.

8. The Lord

The Lord Active Member

Rivers and the San Diego passing attack vs. Revis and the Jets number one ranked defense is a hell of a matchup. No one can really predict accurately how it will go, besides stating the obvious: San Diego will make some passes, but the Jets will contain them to within a good deal less than an Arizona/Green Bay mark.

On the other side, Sanchez, despite the SEASON LONG stats that have been posted, has just seemed more comfortable within this team's new attack. Those of you who have not watched each game and simply looked at the stat sheet, it does not tell the entire story. Sanchez is playing better, and he is not a Freeman-esque turnover machine any longer. He is, however, vulnerable to rookie mistakes. The Jets have a vaunted running machine that, while not consistently breaking huge gainers, does well to gash and eventually wear down opposing defenses later in games. It opens up the play action (as we saw last week executed perfectly) and also keeps the other team off of the field.

Chargers have the edge statistically, and they have the edge, probably, in talent on the offense. I think Chargers fans underestimate a tad the ability of the Jets to create pressure on the quarterback, but having seen Rivers this year, we Jet fans probably underestimate the efficiency of that offense.

The Chargers are cold, having had nothing to play for for three weeks and having their starters out for 2. That could play a factor.

This one should be exciting, down to the wire.

9. GreenMachine

SD fans, how are the hot dogs at Qualcom?

10. GTechSuperChargerFan

That's nice. It's also wrong. 60-65% of bettors are on the Jets at +8.

Nice try.

It's funny, because over at my usual Chargers board, the big consensus is how overconfident the Jets fans are about this game.

I guess the only important thing is how the teams feel, not the dumb, homer fans on both sides.

The Jets have to be confident while destroying Cincy in successive weeks.

The Bolts exude the quiet confidence of a team who has known they'd be here since before the season began.

I know who I choose, but I may be juuuust a little biased.

11. TD_Sandy_Eggo

TD_Sandy_Eggo New Member

For over 8 bucks, they are surprisingly good. But make sure you put on plenty of mustard.

12. GTechSuperChargerFan

Well, statwise we are undoubtedly the most efficient offense in the NFL. It's not even close.

We may underestimate the jets pass rush if only because our "terrible" pass rush, much maligned all season, has more sacks than the Jets. Just sayin.

I think what the Jets fans really underestimate, and so does most of the east coast, is just how effective Rivers is under pressure. He has the best pocket awareness of just about everyone I have seen, and he is only getting better. His release is super quick as are his decisions, and his shotput of a follow through belies the fact that it is almost always dead-on.

You'll need more than just some pressure - you will need strip sacks. Not saying you wont get them, your Dline is talented, but few have been able to do that this year.

13. GreenMachine

Thanks. Sanchez thanks you

14. Royal Tee

JETS fans are not overconfident..we are merely stating facts on how it's possible for us to win.
    All we are doing is wading throught the amount of disrespect that is given to our team.
    For 3 weeks it's "You don't Belong here".

OTOH, most CHARGER fans give us NO shot to win this game.
    We realize we are underdawgs but we also realize that it can be done.

No one here is gonna guarantee a win but it seems everyone on the left coast and the media has already given yall the W.
    That to me is overconfidence on your part

BIG difference in overconfidence and looking for respect.

That said, if we win I look forward to rubbing my balls on your face....
    J/K!!!! :smile:

It'll be my dogs balls... :wink:

15. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

Most of the visiting SD fans on this board seem to interpret any confidence of ours as overconfidence.

16. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

The jets have basically been disrespected for along time and it continues. We are huge road dogs. Supposedly we only beat indy and cincy because they didn't try hard. Nobody believes in the Jets except our players, coaches and fans. And even many of our own fans are hot and cold. I'm a lifelong fan of 40+ years and I just have faith in our guys and I definately believe in lady luck. Some teams just get on a roll and shock the NFL world and all the so called experts. I think we could be that kind of a team this year.

The Jets talented OL has been mashing opposing defenses. I think that is a factor that isn't really appreciated until you see guys getting pancaked. Obviously if SD is able to pass and score at will on the Jets then the Jets ground game might not be a factor. SD's passing attack w/Rivers and all those great weapons is pretty scary if you are a Jets fan. Its a great challenge for the Jets. But the bolts offense can't score if they are on the sidelines watching the Jets run the rock and move the chains.

It should be a fun game. I have always liked the Chargers and those powder blue Unis. Always rooted for them when they weren't playing the Jets and their fans seem pretty cool too.

#236 AbdulSalam, Jan 12, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2010
  17. GTechSuperChargerFan

That's...classy. But, I like your humor. I don't think I'll like your dog's balls, but I don't think that will be an issue after the game.

I certainly wouldn't bet this game, given the myriad of pro arguments on both sides. It is a tough one to gauge.

Honestly, though, it's not just west coasters...these large spreads are across America.

I assume I can rub my virtual pet donkey's balls in your face when we win next sunday too...fair is fair, right?

18. GTechSuperChargerFan

For the most part, I agree. I am just relaying the fact that fan perception is intimately tied with who you root for.

I personally think both sets of fans realize the tall order that is ahead, but each base has good reasons why they can succeed.

Just as a parting though, people don't realize just how hard it is to win 11 games in a row in the NFL...you have to be the model of consistency. I think the Colts are being underrated as well. We know what we'll get from the Chargers, the Jets remain more enigmatic, especially at QB. If we are both on our game, it will be a good match.

19. Royal Tee

I don't know what's more disturbing.
    That you don't think you'll like my dogs balls

or

that you have a fukin pet donkey.... :lol:

a virtual one at that!

20. GTechSuperChargerFan

Damn straight. She's my baby. I talk to her at night.

I am a lonely, lonely man. :buffaloblows::steelers::breakdance: