Woodson DPOTY

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by #28Martin, Jan 12, 2010.

1. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Revis losing the DPOTY to Woodson is kind of like all the great NT's in the middle of great 3-4 defenses who never won because the guys getting the sacks took it instead. There has never been a NT who won the DPOTY. Why? Because you can't get 15 sacks from the NT position in a 3-4 and that's all they judge defensive linemen on.

Revis would have won over Woodson if he had more Int's. That's what it was going to take.

2. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I thought these 'experts' were aware of how overrated the INT stat can be. Look at the PD stat. Revis (31) Woodson (18). Coupled with the fact Revis got thrown at less.... ridiculous. Woodson had a great impact in the run game, so has fucking Donald Stickland.

3. Woodhead77

Woodhead77 New Member

Revis undoubtedly deserved the award

4. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

Woodson is a high-risk/high-reward type of player. He will go for the big play when the ball is thrown his way, which is why he has more INT than Revis. However, this is also why he gets burned by every decent WR he faced this year. Hell, he gets RUN over by some of these WRs as they walk into the endzone for a score.

5. deef

deef Member

Age being a factor is stupid imo. Why should Revis suffer because Woodson is getting older? That's the dumbest justification I've heard yet. If he wasn't good enough to win the award when he was younger, that's his own fault.

6. masivemunkey

masivemunkey Member

Yeah I agree. It's sort of like giving Scorcese the best picture for The Departed after being snubbed during the Raging Bull, Taxi Driver, Goodfella years. Sure the Departed was pretty good, but BEST DIRECTOR?!

I just hope Revis wins it legitimately in the coming years instead of winning it when he's 33 and gets burned several times a game for scores because he was great when he was 24.

7. JetsLookingforDWare

Unfortunately, thats how this awards crap usually works. There'll be a season one year when he's older where he gets alot of INTs and all that good stuff that casual fans zomg over. We, who've watched him for years, will be all "this wasn't even his best season!!!!" and he'll win it anyway. We'll be happy anyway, but that stuff just happens.

8. masivemunkey

masivemunkey Member

Yeah I just hope that Revis has just an amazing series of games coming up so that all the people who voted for Woodson will realize how great and valuable Revis really is. He's definitely has to have a chip on his shoulder after not winning.

BTW welcome back dude, it's been awhile.

9. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Sports writers are not only idiots in the NY area. If anything they are worse elsewhere. F em.

If anything I hope this only motivates DR more.

10. concussion80

concussion80 New Member

Revis doesn't say so in the SNY interview but I'll bet he feels robbed. He's got potentially 3 games to play this year to prove to america how wrong these retards really were. I think he'll be out with a vengeance sunday.

11. DMSMaven

DMSMaven Member

I would be willing to bet if you asked ANY WR in the NFL who he would rather go against 100% would say Woodson .... No one wants to face Revis ...

12. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Recent tweets from Revis.

13. AJayJay

AJayJay New Member

Gotta love the guy. A class act, sees the big picture and surely this will motivate him to play even harder and make a case for himself. So glad he's a Jet.

14. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

I've always said, in every sport, that the MVP-type awards should not be voted on until after championships are decided.

Plain and simple, right now, who is more valuable to their team's current success? Manning, Brees, or Brady? Woodson, or Revis?

Obviously Manning won it, and it was legit. But for argument's sake, let's say the Colts lose to the Ravens, but the Saints make the Super Bowl. Which QB listed above had the most positive impact for his team? The same arguement applies for DPoY. Revis is clearly more valuable, after shutting down Johnson two straight weeks, while Woodson was busy getting footprints on his chest in Arizona, on top of both players' body of work from September through December.

Of course, then there's always the argument that "Well, a player could be the MVP on a club that doesn't make the playoffs" but personally, I think that's bullshit. Sorry, but an MVP is a guy who leads his team to the next level. The situation where this is valid is far more rare than justifies the argument. And if that player's body of work was truly of MVP "worth" then even a good post-season by a competitor shouldn't hold up against it.

15. concussion80

concussion80 New Member

exactly, its laughable that Woodson wins it after getting his ass knocked all over the field and burned multiple times against the Cards. He was a joke out there and hurt his team with his reckless play. Woodson can go polish his little league trophy while sitting at home as Revis leads the Jets to the big hardware!

16. AbstraKt

AbstraKt New Member

Classy guy, that Revis.

I guess that will be Woodson's last takeaway of this season.

17. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

So if the Colts had beat the Jets and prevented them from making the playoffs you would be against Revis receiving the award?

18. ELLSWORTH

ELLSWORTH Member

Woodson at Michigan beat out Manning at Tennessee for the Heisman in a shocker. 1997? or 98 dont remember. Mike Fatcessa I remember saying he didnt vote for Peyton cause he never beat Florida..

19. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Yeah, I guess Woodson is better at Intercepting DPOY Trophies than Revis.

20. RunLeonRun

RunLeonRun Active Member

I just listened to 2 people who were probably the dumb people voting on this award. They were on ESPN FIRST TAKE. Marcellus Wiley on Rex Ryan's comments on Revis.

Does Rex Ryan have a point Marcellus?

"He has some comedic points, but not in the X's and O's, not in the football aspect. There are 2 type of CB's in the league, there are the shutdown CB's that you throw at you and say, I know you're a great CB but lets see if you can defend against these passes. Then there are the CB's you just stay away from. Darrelle Revis loses in both regards.

Woodson has more interceptions, 9 int's, and Woodson is the type of CB that you say, you're great but we can go after you...or theres the Nnamdi Asomugha, the guys you don't throw the ball to at all. He says Revis is NOT a shutdown CB like those 2.

BAWAHAHAAH!

Jalen Rose on the topic

"Men and women lie, stats don't, and I have some stats thats gonna mean a lot in this argument. Woodson has 74 tackles to 54, Woodson tackles more and can take people down, Woodson has 2 sacks showing his versatility, Woodson has 4 forced fumbles meaning he tackles people."

I'm guessing this is the caliber of people that vote. They sound so clueless.