Jets/Chargers Divisional Round Discussion

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Scikotic, Jan 10, 2010.

1. ........

........ Trolls

Please stop making us all look bad. Thank you.

2. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

That's a win.

San Diego delenda est.

3. Jetcane

Jetcane New Member

Let them diss the Jets all they want, I am sure they will be ready, and I like the Jets' winning history against SD, just like it was a favorable matchup vs. Cincy.

Too bad the point spread is only 8, it should be 18. Today is after all, the anniversary of SBIII.

:jets:

4. sdbound

sdbound New Member

hehe..hehe

5. B1nary Bolt Fan

B1nary Bolt Fan New Member

I'd say you are going straight to hell, but you probably already live in Jersey... :eek:hmy:

6. AirFouts

AirFouts New Member

From my 1st post on your boards I said its a good matchup and yes your going to be as your coach said a tough out. But I read alot of post where Jets fans where pretty much sold you guys are going to win big and what you where going to cook at the tailgate for the AFCCG when you host Balt.

I take pride of the fact I can take off my bolt goggles and I can still talk football. Listen if we where the 9-7 team who pretty much got in because the colts decided not to go for perfection (please jets fans just let that one go its true) and we where going to your house and your 13-3 on an 11 game winning streak? I would say any given sunday we have the #1 D and #1 rushing O we have a chance but I am not happy with a rookie QB on the road. We need a perfect game and some breaks to go our way to win.

Did you guys see what happened to the #2 defense in the NFL last week? And they had the defensive MPV And AZ does not have all the weapons that our offense has. Good luck guys I think it will be a good game for a half and if you happen to make the game stop by H4 have a beer and some amazing food on me.

7. Tolan

Tolan New Member

Our pass D is better than theirs, ask the saints. We gave drew brees his worst passer rating all year, only reason we lost is because sanchez was only 3 games old in the NFL playing Darren Sharper.

Im extremely nervous for this game because even if the vertical game is gone you guys have a unprecedented (maybe only by the eagles) screen game and the jets have already show weakness to it (Ricky Williams had a huge gain along with some others)

I cant wait until sunday and it should be a great game. lets just hope it doesnt have to come down to a kicking duel like the last time we met in the playoffs, i dont think my heart can take it lmao

EDIT: Thanks for the offer but unfortunately i cant afford the trip =[

8. ........

........ Trolls

I'm sorry, where are the posts of people proclaiming this an easy game for us? I've seen people discuss matchups, but I don't know anyone who is remotely confident that we WILL win.

Green Bay went up against a dynamic passing team. The few games in which Warner was hurt have diminished their numbers, but they're just as dynamic, if not more so, than they were last season. I'd argue that outside of the TE position, they have just as many weapons as you. In fact, I'd say their WR corps is better.

As far as the Packers' defense? Bottom 5 in the league in TDs allowed. They were hit or miss all season long and missed horribly against the Cardinals. 29 TDs allowed through the air tells you something. They were saved by those 30 INTs. We don't have nearly as many INTs as they do, and yet we've only allowed 8 passing TDs all season long. That's consistency.

9. sdbound

sdbound New Member

Jets' Weatherford needs heart procedure, will play Sunday

Posted by Michael David Smith on January 12, 2010 5:46 PM ET

New York Jets punter Steve Weatherford missed Saturday's game with an irregular heartbeat and will need a surgical procedure to correct the problem. But he still plans to play Sunday.

Weatherford said today that he has passed a stress test and will be OK for the Jets' divisional playoff game against the Chargers.

Weatherford said his heart condition is related to "the electrical setup of the heart," and physical exertion apparently does not put him at any further risk. Weatherford also had surgery for the problem when he was 16.

In Weatherford's absence, Jets kicker Jay Feely filled in admirably despite no experience as a punter. But he won't have to do it again against the Chargers.

10. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Damn. I hope he turns out alright.

Glad he's going to play though.

11. Wut?

Wut? Well-Known Member

I wonder if its WPW syndrome.

12. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

There's already a thread for this.

13. AirFouts

AirFouts New Member

The few games in which Warner was hurt have diminished their numbers, but they're just as dynamic, if not more so, than they were last season. I'd argue that outside of the TE position, they have just as many weapons as you. In fact, I'd say their WR corps is better.

I dont know about that my friend I will admit they have a slight edge in the WR position (SLIGHT) but our TE and RB combo with that screen game we do a decent job running our offense this year is better then Arizonas. By the way Ignatius you are pretty scary when it comes to stats and numbers your a solid poster for sure.

14. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

Unless there's points scored directly off a turnover, no way they put up 34 pts. I look at your offense as very good, but the best/most diverse offense we've faced this season was New Orleans and the D gave up 10 pts and held Brees without a TD. Keep talking about Jackson doing something, ain't happening...

15. concussion80

concussion80 New Member

Since it was determined we would play SD I have heard this mentioned by BOLTS fans at least 1,236 times already and it still means NOTHING! No matter how e got in...Were not gonna kiss your asses because you've beaten basically nobody and won alot of close ones with a weak schedule. You have a great offense and a defense that scares nobody.

We have a battle hardened team that has been smacking people in the face for 3 weeks and you guys have been picking scabs off your asses. The team most ready to play in the playoffs wins, not the team with the most wins or the best stats.

16. concussion80

concussion80 New Member

The Packers defense did a terrible job of pressuring Warner. Looked like he had Carte Blanche to do whatever he wanted out there. You give any of these spread offenses time to throw and they will pick you apart.

17. ........

........ Trolls

Diminishing what San Diego has accomplished this season is just as foolish as dismissing us if you're a Charger fan. They are quite possibly the best team in the AFC, and I still think they're winning the Super Bowl. I just have hope for our team because of the matchup.

18. B1nary Bolt Fan

And I think you have a chance to win! This season has been a mind-blower. After game five, we were rioting on our board and freaking out over firing Norv.

Didn't think our defense was worth a damn....

We had these kind of threads:
    I won't believe till we beat the Giants.
    OK, we're going to lose to Philly.
    Cowboys will be are first loss in December
    Titans are going to be tough.

But the Chargers have gotten consistently better with every game. They went across the country to Tennessee and quietly assassinated the Titans hopes on four days rest. No high fives or wild celebrations... they just went home and got ready for the 'skins.

I'm proud of the Chargers maturity this year. But more than that, I'm amazed at what they've done. None of us would of guessed it.

I think they're going to have a tough game against the Jets. But I'm also wondering if they're simply going to crush em out like a spent cigar? I have no idea what to expect really.

19. concussion80

concussion80 New Member

I'm not diminishing anything. They have a great offense. They ripped off 11 straight wins but they are hardly light years better than anyone in these NFL playoffs.

Not gonna kiss their asses because they are one of several very good spread offenses putting up gaudy stats in the NFL.

Let's see if defense can still win championships.

20. B1nary Bolt Fan

Now that QB's get to wear dresses, DB's are handcuffed, and safeties can't knock your fricken head off its not so easy.

The league has become a passing league as evidenced by both the Colts and Chargers (and Carson Palmer's pathetic performance).