Woodson DPOTY

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by #28Martin, Jan 12, 2010.

1. 624

624 Banned

I love listening to Rex, he is fucking pissed. He pretty much said the voters that voted Woodson don't know shit about football, and he's right.

2. 624

624 Banned

This argument makes no sense at all, they both play the same position, so the better DB should win over the other DB.

3. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

How so? Because he blitzes? Rex doesn't blitz Revis because it's stupid to take the best cover man in the world and waste him on a blitz.

4. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

1- revis is young, woodson a long time vet.
    2- if the stats were reversed, we'd all be singing the same song.
    3- after Revis shuts down Fitzgerald in the SB, has 2 pics, returns one for 6, received SB MVP, he will dominate the voting in 2010. this IS NOT the last forum on revis and the DPOY award.
    4- if you're mad now, think of how mad you'd be if Gholston won it.

i would have LOVED for Revis Christ to have won it, but i can sleep at night with Woodson getting it and knowing Revis has many, many years left to leave his mark

5. But here's what i don't understand about that argument:

What does Woodson honestly do better than Revis?

Essentially the things Woodson has been getting credit for are things that he does b/c he is given the opportunity. He gambles on routes, blitzes and moves to different positions on the field.

Revis doesn't DO any of that b/c he's too valuable in coverage. He is essentially TOO good at his craft to gamble on routes for flashy stats, to blitz and why move him to other positions when he's gonna erase the oppositions best receiver?Although Woodson is GOOD in coverage...you can risk moving him to other spots on the field to create bigger plays b/c he's not PERFECT in coverage and isn't gonna erase the elite receivers.

For the life of me..I can't understand how you can fault Revis for doing his JOB better than any corner has done since possibly the mid 90's!

Face it guys..Revis got screwed. There's no way around it.

6. mrgoose

mrgoose Member

Folks, as much as I hate to admit it, the RIGHT choice was made. The award is the Defensive Player of the Year Award, NOT the Best Cornerback in the NFL Award. If it were the later, I am willing to bet Revis would have won going away.

The TDs, sacks, interceptions, tackles, playing multiple positions, etc more fully encompasses the meaning of the award.

If both players were on the opposite teams and put up the same numbers, most of you would be SCREAMING that Woodson was robbed if the award went to Revis.

Revis is by far my favorite player on the Jets, but I can take off the homer glasses long enough to be objective. Woodson deserved the award, period.

7. Salz

Salz New Member

Woodson had the better flashy stats because he's allowed to blitz and gets the ball thrown his way more.

8. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

probably already mentioned don't have time to read through, but Woodson got owned by Fitzgerald last week.

9. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

On the Menu for the 2010 Season ...

Terrell Owens (twice)
    Randy Moss (twice)
    Ochocinco
    Donald Driver (or is it Greg Jennings?)
    Sidney Rice
    Andre Johnson
    Hines Ward
    Calvin Johnson
    Brandon Marshall

WOW ... looks like an even bigger challange than this year

10. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

We all know who the real winner is.
    If Charles had had any other name other than Woodson, he'd be looking up at DPOTY in Revis

11. Salz

Salz New Member

Haha- http://www.maddengurus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71102&page=2

"So true.Remember the pass rush the Giants had.It made Corey Webster and Aaron Ross and the rest of their DB's actually look like pro-bowlers.And now that the pass rush is no longer a factor in NY,we all know those DB's look average as hell.Revis is lucky he's playing in that kind of system,cuz it benefits him.I mean put Asomugha,Al Harris,Deangelo Hall,or any other fast good man coverage corner in the Jets system and they would shutdown also_Other corners play in coverage for longer periods of time cuz they dont have the pass rush the Jets do. "

12. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Woodson is more of a playmaker. Revis is more dominant. But the bottom line is: Woodson can watch the rest of the playoffs at home.

13. GreenMatt14

GreenMatt14 Member

"Kerry Rhodes, on the football field, is a playmaker." - Kerry Rhodes

HAHA hilarious

AND this is truly disappointing that a guy doesnt commit one single bad play (i blame the ted ginn td on the lack of cover over top) and he doesnt win.

14. SigmaXJet

SigmaXJet Active Member

15. SDMisfit

SDMisfit New Member

The award was given to the right person... by an objective group of voters which you Jets fans are not.

There is no conspiracy here.

16. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

ahhahahaahah

17. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Yes, and you're completely unbiased. :rolleyes:

18. Salz

Salz New Member

Woodson's interceptions and fumbles weren't as valuable as Revis locking down an entire side of the field all season long. People don't realize Revis could have put up those flashy numbers IF Rex had him blitz. Woodson wasn't a very good cover corner this year. Look at how Larry Fitzgerald bitched him around.

19. SDMisfit

SDMisfit New Member

I never said I was. I suggested that (collectively) those who made the decision were. I didn't decide who the DPOTY was.

20. SDMisfit

SDMisfit New Member

you are referencing a single receiver and correct me if I am wrong, but Revis didn't face Fitz this year did he? hmm.