Woodson DPOTY

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by #28Martin, Jan 12, 2010.

1. Lynkx

Lynkx Active Member

Revis dropped at least 2-3 interceptions I can remember, that would have factored into him getting more votes =\.

2. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

He almost got a 2nd TD in the Tampa game I think. He slipped out of bounds around the 10yard line I think.

But in all honesty how is Pass Defenses not a stat on the cornerback profiles on espn stats and nfl stats?

3. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Coming on here acting like an asshat is an act that will be cut short.

4. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

As stated before in this thread - the good news is that it'll keep his contract demands slightly cheaper.

5. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Woodson is an old pro. He knows that the single most important thing a defensive player can do is to create a turnover. Nothing else is as consequential as to whether or not your team wins or loses.

6. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

Yeah I'm scared Revis will sign with the Steelers. He grew up a Steelers fan, and went to Pitt. Guy loves Pittsburgh so much.

And imagine Troy Polamaoaamaoalaoau and Revis???? ut oh...

7. Kenny

Kenny New Member

no it wont... guys going to get the biggest contract for any defensive back in history you can coutn on that.. some voters isnt going to change that

8. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

If that happens I will most likely cry :steelers: it'll be the end of the world

I'm sure Tanny as we speak is thinking of a legit extension to keep Revis as a Jet for the next 6-7 years

9. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

He's a Unrestricted free agent in 2013, by then he'll be so in love with this defense and have won at least 1 DPOY that'd he be crazy to leave.

10. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The Jets have like 3 years to worry about this and even then they can just franchise him twice if they get caught in a tough spot. Well, assuming the franchise player tag is still around after the 2011 insanity.

11. ShadeTree#55

ShadeTree#55 Active Member

When have the Steelers ever signed a big name?

12. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

He will be looking for more than Nate Clements, and that contract was in the 80million range. Look for him to be the first CB to approach 100 million.

13. bushwicktarheels

bushwicktarheels New Member

Crazy that the votes were doubled. As much as we wanted him to win this may be a blessing in disguise because now he will be even more motivated than ever. Vincent Jackson just got screwed!!

14. desert swordz

desert swordz Totally Addicted

If Revis didn't win it this year, then I didn't think he'd ever win it. Turns out he in fact didn't win it, and I still don't think he'll ever be a recipient of the award.

Think about it: Revis is the best pure cover corner in the league, and Ryan's stated he wouldn't use him any other way because it'd be dumb. Knowing this, Revis will probably never amass those gaudy, 'sexy' stats because he won't be used exotically in blitz situations, etc. So, while it may not be 100% definitive, Revis may never have a season where he picks up those types of stats that the DPOY voters look for.

One of the main reasons that Revis was considered this year was because of the amount of elite calibur WRs Revis faced this year, and he shut down absolutely every single one of them. In terms of coverage CBs, it'd be close to impossible to have a year better than the one Revis just did, considering the talent and opposition that he had to face week in, week out, in addition to considering the little facet that he was lined up against the oppositions #1 receiver the entire game.

Again, this was one of the main reasons, if not the MAIN reason, why Revis was considered for the award. Taking this into account, what are the odds Revis is matched up with this many top WRs in another season AGAIN? Will we see a season where Revis will be forced to face a shitload of elite WRs week in, week out, again? Because this will probably be the only way Revis will be considered for the award, just as he was considered for it this year for that exact reason, because, as has already been stated, Revis may never have the gaudy stats to win the DPOY award from those retarded ass voters.

Again, it'd be hard to top the season Revis just had as a CB, so if not this year, when? In another season, will we ever be able to boast that Revis faced X amount of top receivers while absolutely shutting them down? It's possible, but I don't know if it's probable, so who knows if Revis'll even be considered for another DPOY again.

Ehh, yeah, I'm just blowing steam because Revis fucking deserved the award moreso than Woodson did but didn't receive it. This fucking blows.

15. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

Ohh okay good I thought he was able to leave next year. Good now I can sleep
    :steelers:

but to talk for real Revis is the Def of the year. Without him our defenses would be entirely different, and Sanchez would be in such a harder position and stressed the fuck out.

16. Players typically prefer to stay in a Rex Ryan defense. I believe Revis has been on record stating that he loves NYC...and frankly...there isn't much bigger of a spot light he's gonna get than with the jets.

17. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Revis will get his.

Woodson went from getting the Heisman as a Defensive player, to Defensive Rookie of the year in 98 and finally in 2009-2010 gets DPOY.

Shit takes a long time to get.

Now Revis has the respect and notoriety, if he can keep this up, he will get DPOY.

18. coachmimz17

coachmimz17 New Member

Bottom line, the jets are still playing, while the packers are home.. Individual achievements are merely second fiddle to the ultimate goal... Who cares? GO JETS!

19. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

ugh

This douche better stay far, far away from Revis!

20. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Here's my problem with this. There is one MVP and one DPoY in football. They should both be viewed as MVP awards, as there are two conferences and the MVP is all but surely going to an offensive player.

That said, DPoY is like an MVP award for defense. As Manning deserved the MVP because he's by far the league's most valuable offensive player in terms of his value to his team, Revis was the most valuable member of his unit by far.

When Manning is in he completely changes the opposition's game plan. We all saw what happens when his "replacement" comes in.

When Revis is in, the opposition must account for him 100%. Every single game the Jets played this year would have had a different result with anyone else covering the #1 WRs we faced. Andre Johnson, Steve Smith, Terrell Owens, Randy Moss, Chad Johnson. That's a list of "Which offensive player would you like to build your franchise around?" Revis made all of them irrelevant.

The award is a sham.