Jets/Chargers Divisional Round Discussion

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Scikotic, Jan 10, 2010.

1. ........

........ Trolls

Did I mention that all 3 of your losses came to teams that rushed the ball at least 30 times? You're 3-3 in those games this season. No chance we're limited to fewer than 30 carries. We haven't been in weeks.

BTW, in games in which we carry the ball at least 30 times, we're 10 - 3. We lost those 3 games by a combined 11 points. That's an average of 3.67 PPG. Those also include the 6 INT game and the 3 D/ST TDs by Miami game. Still...only 11 points.

2. TimryFlanster

TimryFlanster New Member

With all due respect to Faulk, he is not the playmaking threat that Sproles is.

3. Bolts2SB

Bolts2SB New Member

Tell me how I'm taking it out of context. Apparently you can't read. Back it up instead of putting your Revis spin on everything.

4. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

I just wanted to note about the SD game against Tenn and shutting Chris Johnson down

CJ is a far different rusher than we have in TJ and SG. Johnson will find a hole and explode through it for 50 yards down the sideline when no one will catch him. The Jets rushing offense starts at the LOS with our stout O-line, then our backs bruise you for 5-6 yds/carry. Usually, the running game starts off slow in the 1st and 2nd quarter but come 2nd half the D gets tired and the Jets wear you down for being on the field so long and running it down the throats of our opponents. If you look at the stats in a lot of games you'll notice huge running gains in the late 3rd and 4th quarter. The Jets aren't a flashy team, in fact we do it the ugly way but I like it. There's a reason Chris Johnson and Adrian Peterson are always on the highlight reels while Thomas Jones isn't. The guy is the 2nd leading rusher in the AFC and I don't even think he made the pro bowl

5. TimryFlanster

TimryFlanster New Member

So when (I'll concede it's not "if") the Jets have success running in this game, and if it translates to scores, my original question still applies. How well will the Jets pass D and Chargers pass O perform against each other? It will be very exciting to watch how that will play out on Sunday.

6. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

There is no "test" but you're claiming V.Jax is an "ELITE RECEIVER"? Seriously?

"Revis was not this good last year".. Different system lil man.
    He was not Manned up and asked to go 1on1 against the #1 all game like in this system....
    but I don't expect you to know that since you're on the left coast and only watch 1 game a week....
    Revis on Moss has Nothing to do with me calling you out on Moss vs Jax...You're all over the place man...not lookin good 4 u..

Judge after one game? WTF ru rambling about?

and FTR, the smack talk (again, because you are really struggling here) was for the Moss-vs-Jax debate.

So just to clarify...
    V.Jax is an "Elite Receiver" in the NFL
    and
    He is Better than Randy Moss....

any other dumb shit you wanna add?

7. Bolts2SB

Bolts2SB New Member

Why am I even wasting my time with you. If Revis had nothing to do with the VJax/Moss argument why did you bring it up? Go get your reading glasses. It's clear as day...go back and read it.

Go ahead and make excuses "lil man" - but I addressed EVERYTHING you said regarding the "debate".

And for the third time, I never said he's better than Moss. I said he's just as good as Moss.

What the hell am I doing wasting my time on debating a teenager that can't read anyway?

8. ........

........ Trolls

Given Rivers' ability to handle the blitz, I think he has some success against our defense. However, I think our control of the clock keeps him from getting into a rhythm, and the fact that we're not prone to big plays keeps us in the game well into the 2nd half. At that point, your softened up defense allows us to rush for larger gains and eventually you're the ones playing from behind.

At least, that's how it would ideally happen :beer:

9. chad2coles

chad2coles Well-Known Member

The Jets need to have a good 3rd down conversion rate so they can eat up the clock, have good kick coverage to win the field position battle, and win the turnover battle. If they do that, they will win.

I think the Jets are going to go back and forth between smoking Gates at the line and keeping him in double coverage. Stopping him will be the toughest part of this game

This is all pretty obvious, so here's the prediction... the Jets will win 26 to 24.

10. Royal Tee

Teenager :lol:
    Shows how dumb you really are, you instantly jump to conclusions.

Just as Good as Moss?
    U
    Still
    FAIL
    BOY!

11. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

Will there be any crumbs left when you are done?

12. Royal Tee

Not ususally but You can have the rest.... :smile:

13. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

My take:

The Chargers are going to be throwing the ball all day against the Jets. The Jets better have an answer for Gates. The Jets are suspect in slot/middle coverage defense. Also, some bubble screens to the WR's and screen passes to Sproles will keep the Jet's defense honest.

The Jets will ground the Charger's running attack...so it's bombs away.

If the Jets don't let the Chargers get a big lead, Sanchez plays smart....we have an excellent chance.

Rivers has a great day...the Jets won't win. Rivers should get more credit, he's a Top QB in the NFL.....just ask Cotchery.

#433 WW85, Jan 12, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2010
  14. Royal Tee

While that sounds accurate you have to remember...
    #1 passing Defense and the JETS have played the WR/Bubble screen well this year..SEE: NE
    Rivers is absolutely an incredible QB...I've had him as my FF QB what like 3 years straight now?

The Keys may just boil down to how many healty DB's we have.
    Strickland and Lowery are both knicked up...and they are key especially when we play our 4-6 and they spread the field.

Revis Locks V.J.
    We may go Over/Under on Gates w/a LB and Safety or 2 DB's....either way we can't ask a LB'er to go 1on1 here.
    That'll only work if we can contain the rest of them though.

I've said this before. Our Blitz is also disigned to minimize weapons. So if Sproles or LT have to stay in Max Protect, we'll have a chance...

15. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Vincent jackson is really good, I think he is better than Moss THIS year. I think Moss went through spurts where he was oakland Randy(he didn't try) and being hurt. Randy put up slightly better #s but he played one more game and NE threw the ball alot more. Outside of Andre Johnson I think this will be Revis' toughest test this year. Obviously we all expect him to do his usual but jackson is really, really good.

16. Royal Tee

I'm not saying VJ isn't good.
    I know the guy can play. He's a Big, scary Receiver and is Talented but IMO,
    He is NOT as good as Moss.

FTR, The Pats are #3 in Passing, SD#5
    the Pats completed 52 more passes. So yes they passed more but Moss was the #2 receiver on that team, as was VJ.

But even without the #'s that favor Moss,
    VJ is NOT a big of a threat as Moss....JM2C

17. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

The screens are used to keep our defense honest.

The Jets have been suspect, at times, in Slot receiver coverage (Welker) and we haven't faced many big play TE's in the AFC East. IMO, this is a concern, I'm not saying Rex won't have an answer, he needs to address it this Sunday.

18. Royal Tee

Absolutely, we've had issues w/ the slot receivers but we've actually played the WR screen well....

We did shut down Gonzalez (til the final play)
    NE TE's were non existent against us this year
    Dallas Clark had 4rec. in 3q's
    Crumpler 4 rec...
    But yeah, Other than Clark No one like Gates.

But more to your point, the Slot does cause problems hence DREW COLEMAN TORCH MARKS! :lol:

19. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

You're right......cause we went to zone coverage, a big mistake.

I hope Lowery is OK, Strickland is still limited, I haven't heard much about Lowery's injury.

Coleman scares the crap out of me, I have zero confidence.

You can bet the Jets will address CB somewhere in the offseason.

#439 WW85, Jan 12, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2010
  20. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Not many guys are as good as Moss is when Moss is healthy and trying but THIS YEAR Jackson scares me more than Moss did.

Jackson in 15 games:
    68 recs, 1167 yds, 17.2 avg., 9 TDs
    (prorate to 16 games: 72 recs, 1245 yds, 10 TDs)

Moss: 83 recs, 1264 yds, 15.2 avg., 13 TDs

NE threw it 73 more times which would be the equivalnet of more than 2 mroe games worth of passes for SD.