Chargers Favored by 9 Points

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Penning10toColes, Jan 11, 2010.

1. ........

........ Trolls

Changed the pic for you.

2. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

has nothing to do with disrespect, it has to do with money. in case you didn't know, the line is just for gambling and is meaningless in all other matters of the game, and Vegas wants you to bet on the Jets.

3. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

It's clear you haven't seen alot of the Jets, everybody wants to focus on Graham missing two FGs yet nobody seems to remember that Edwards dropped a sure TD and they Jets had two FGs taken away because of penalties. I guess those don't count because it hurts the argument that the Jets dominated the Bangles.

Obviously ifs and woulds don't mean shit but the Jets were a few plays away from being much better then 9-7. If your not a fan and follow the team you wouldn't know.

New Orleans: Sanchez directly hands Saints D 14 points, Brees shut down but TO's killed us
    Miami: Dolphins score on last possesion
    Buffalo: Lose in OT 6 INTs doom Jets
    Jags: Score on last possesion
    Miami: Ginn returns 2 KO's for TDs
    Falcons: Score on last possesion, Sanchez 3 pics and Jets botch 3 Fgs
    Pats: We got blown out

People can say what they want about our record and the Colts laying down but the bottom line is things had fallen a different way 12-4 is not out of the question. They didn't so we're 9-7 and a WC but by no means should be overlooked by anybody.

4. RIVERSALLTHEWAY09

RIVERSALLTHEWAY09 New Member

I hope my Chargers win but good luck and hopefully no injuries in this game!

5. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

If the Chargers win I'll certainly be pulling for them. Unless they play the Saints but anybody else... Fuck Manning, Fuck Burt and Fuck Homo.. I mean Romo.

6. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

Wow, a classy fan. Welcome. I actually like Rivers a lot. The game against the Pats when he played with the sprained MCL showed me a lot. The guy's obviously a big competitor.

7. RIVERSALLTHEWAY09

RIVERSALLTHEWAY09 New Member

thanks. yes Im not gonna deny I want SD to win and think they can, but I know better than to insult other board's fans, because I get upset when people come to Our board and trash talk. Oh and if you beat us, PLEASE kick the crap outof the Colts or Ravens.

8. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

Whatever happens, it should come right down to the wire......Classic great D vs. great O playoff game.

9. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

Yeah, after going to that Jets/Saints game and spending 4 nights there, I'm pulling for them after us, of course. A lot of fantastic people I met in the city, my section wasn't that bad with the heckling (the guys in back of us and in front of us were cool) and they are aching for a championship there. After hearing some of the Katrina stories I heard in some of the bars I'm pulling for them. Some of them have been through a lot and they're all Saints fans. The Katrina and 9/11 connection brought us eerily together, I thought. Two horrible days.

10. GTechSuperChargerFan

Right now, since the Bolts have been off for basically 2.5 weeks now, and the jets have been so impressive (against one team), the Jets are the public favorite.

The line will come down to about 7.5. I don't see it crossing the 7.5 threshold to 7. Basically, Vegas thinks this will be a two-score game. Who knows.

Reading a lot of your posts here, I think most people agree the Chargers are very tough, and that you will need a mistake-free game to be in it. You will not push us around like you did against Cincy. Revis will not singlehandedly make every play on your defense. We will most likely not shut down Jones and Greene. If you survive the first half, I think the Jets will have a very strong chance to play to the end and easily cover.

Just for thought - most of the time the team that covers also wins...so most likely the Bolts will win by 10+ or lose outright.

11. JetFanInMD

JetFanInMD New Member

I'm pretty sure no one from the team posts here so none of this crap means anything. The fans can be as optimistic as they want and it doesn't mean shit to the actual team's outlook.

Nice try though.

12. bushwicktarheels

bushwicktarheels New Member

I will take those 9 points. I go back to the Saints game and the defense played as good as they did all year considering the type of offense they were up against and the environment. If Sanchize plays well then the chargers cannot beat us...yeah, I said it!

13. SDMisfit

SDMisfit New Member

I love how some of you swear the Chargers fans know nothing about the Jets, while you simultaneously assert yourselves as subject matter experts on the Chargers... as if somehow the football fan base of NY is fundamentally different than that of San Diego.

Man, the hypocrisy over here is pretty thick... Any team... yes... any team has a chance to win any game on a given Sunday, but this notion that your team is going to show up in San Diego on Sunday and have your way with the Chargers is laughable.

Hope for the best... and cheer your team on until your lungs bleed... but try... just try to mix in a bit of objectivity, and rational thinking with your fanatacism.

"Sanchez 2.0" is still a rookie QB with no playoff experience entering a hostile environment.

This notion that "this is almost a home game for him" is a joke. Carson Palmer played for USC too, and if you ask a few Bolts fans, or even Cinci fans that were at the game (hell pick through our forums a bit and read) about the crowd noise at the cinci game I'm pretty sure you will discover that this isn't going to be a homecoming for Mark.

not even close.

14. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I guess last week somehow doesn't count?

15. SDMisfit

SDMisfit New Member

touche'... last week does count. I should have said "marginal playoff experience" my apologies. that said... I believe my post has a few other points.

16. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Hostile environment??? Are you serious?? Half the crowd will want to fellate him, and the other half will be working on their tans.

There is not one thing hostile about San Diego, unless you mean the Banana Bungalow international hostel in PB.

Queer fans-

17. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I don't disagree with anything else you said. Surely it will be a very hostile environment. It should be noted that Sanchez stepped up and played his best game as a pro in a playoff game in a hostile environment last week though.

18. aychichi

aychichi Member

I will love to see alot of Keller

19. maynardsmyhero-uk

maynardsmyhero-uk Well-Known Member

its a fair line tbh , i will take the jets as i have a large superbowl bet on the chargers

20. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

In 2002 I would have agreed with you. Just a bunch of stoned folks getting a tan.

But 2004 was an entirely different crowd as bandwagon Raiders fans jumped ship and joined on with the Chargers. Not to mention the illegals that could somehow afford playoff tickets... The post game festivities pretty much involved blind drunk rednecks brawling with other drunks yelling at them in ghetto Spanish (while all involved wore Chargers gear mind you).

It's plenty hostile now.