Jets/Chargers Divisional Round Discussion

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Scikotic, Jan 10, 2010.

1. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Guess you might as well concede now.

2. 400HZ

400HZ New Member

Gates won't be straight doubled very often. It's too difficult for coverage schemes to dictate that consistantly. Before the huddle breaks, there is no way of knowing where he will line up. He starts plays in the back field, he lines up in the slot, at split end, and even from the conventional tight end spot sometimes. Then he goes in motion and makes it even more difficult. Rex can't just have guys chase him around, he needs to disguise things or Rivers is going to light it up.

3. 400HZ

400HZ New Member

We'll see. The Cowboys, Titans, Bengals, etc all thought they were going to but it didn't happen.

4. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

You do have the better team on paper, but I'm sure you've heard the old football adage, "good defense beats good offense."
    Pulling out the blitzing and sacks totals means complete shit, you know. Ask Tom Brady and Carson Palmer how comfortable they felt during their respective games vs. us. We didn't sack them a lot, but neither of them felt too comfortable. The big stat you should have cited is 252 yards allowed on defense and 19 TDs allowed all season. You guys 327 and 33(!). That's more than 2 TDs a game.
    It doesn't take a genius to figure this out: Sanchez makes a minimal amount of mistakes, and our special teams does an average to an above average job, and it's gonna be tough for you guys to beat us. Especially if our Lord and Savior can limit Jackson, because, yes, he is a great receiver nice and big, fast, but he hasn't faced Revis yet. And don't give me Asomagua (sp). He had an off season (for him at least). And, of course, if our buddy Kerry Rhodes plays Gates like he played Tony Gonzalez. That's admittedly a big if.

5. BOOMheadshot

BOOMheadshot Banned

Good thing we have an AMAZING offense and not just a good one, huh?

BOOM.

6. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

We have the number one ranked defense in either league. By a good amount. So, I don't get the point. It's pretty obvious you guys have one of the better offenses in the league....Your skill positions are all above average players. But, we are the number one defense in the league. We'll see on Sunday. I like our chances.

7. TimryFlanster

TimryFlanster New Member

Assuming all other facets of the game are a wash, the focus should be on the Jets? pass D versus the Bolts? pass O with the common denominator being Rivers. So the outcome really just boils down to this:

Harass Rivers consistently enough throughout the entire game = Jets have a chance for the upset.

Don?t do all of the above = Jets have no chance whatsoever.

8. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Lets see, the Titans had no D so that takes them out of the discussion even though they did put up 180 on the ground.

The Bengals by many of your compadres estimation collapsed at the end of the season (I am sure if I checked you probably were one with that thought). They put up 114 on the ground and SD won on a fg with 2 secs left.

Dallas I can give you but still just a 3 pt win.

Now you said

I have no doubt the Jets win be able to run it consistently so using your logic the Jets win.

9. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

Bold and underline, intimidating as they may be, doesn't necessarily make your point the holy grail. Stopping/slowing down Rivers doesn't give the Jets a chance, it practically gives the Jets the win. Yeah, you may have LT and Sproles, but the bolts don't have a running game. I'm sorry, but you don't.

10. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

No chance, huh? This your 1st season watching football? Seems like a pertinent question here.

11. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

12. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

No Shit sherlock.... How the fuk would I miss such an obvious point? How?
    Do you really think we are that stupid or your just sooooooo intelligent?
    Get your head out of your ass a second and re read my point.

You may have jumped in late buddy....
    The argument that your famigo was making was that V.Jax is Better than Moss. That is what I was applying my argument to.

If you apply my quote anywhere else it is being taken out of context.

#392 Royal Tee, Jan 12, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2010
  13. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

I think they're all bandwagon fans that cheer because the team won 11 straight. Don't really care for the team when they're 4-12 or 5-11 I guess.

14. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

Either that or they're trying to bait us old men into stupid Internet fights. Either way it's pretty pointless to me.

15. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Now that I have cleared up the 1st part of your Quote...

No one on here is saying that V.Jax isn't good or "gifted"
    ..WE ALL KNOW THIS.

But when you guys come on here and start Claiming he is better than the Receivers that have gotten LOST on Revis Island you will be called out on it.

Most of us aren't half assed fans. We not only know our team but we are die hard NFL fans.

That said. I agree with you , He's good and we also realize that Gates is the #1 on your squad. We know all about it.
    We remember playing and beating you just a few years ago in the playoffs..We remember. It's not the same team and CS but Many of the faces are still there.

We are no where near claiming an automatic win on Sunday but we are not gonna sit here and let Pompous arrogant arguments just go by without explenations.
    We realize you guys are confident but you know what? So are we and all we are saying is that anything can happen and this game is closer than what some of shit you guys have been posting...that's all I'm saying.

ftr, I'm not grouping you in as your post isn't just some rah rah BS..I'm just saying You guys as SD fans...

also, I'll say it again so there's no confusion, my previous argument was about your boyz claim that V.Jax is Better than Moss.

16. ........

........ Trolls

Phew. It's a good thing he's Rex Ryan, then.

17. TimryFlanster

TimryFlanster New Member

The Charger's "running" game has developed over the last few years since Turner became coach into what is now similar to what's typically seen with a west coast offense of using the short pass to the RB to constitute a "running" play. With LT (despite his skill deterioration) and Sproles, the threat to run the ball this way or traditionally is still there, is real and must be accounted for. Again, the common denominator is Rivers as he's the one delivering the ball. Will the Jets D be able sniff out and blow up those swing passes, screens, etc., that the Chargers O is very proficient in executing?

18. ........

........ Trolls

How would all other facets of the game be a wash? We have the the best rushing offense in the league and a top 10 rushing defense. You have an average rushing defense and one of the worst rushing offenses in the league. There's no way in hell that those matchups are simply "a wash".

If we control the clock and rush the ball as well as we should, we have an excellent chance for the upset.

19. Marblex

Marblex New Member

Alright, sorry. I simply thought you were claiming VJax is not a good reciever.

And as for your point about Revis, I love the guy and have gone out of my way several times on this forum to point out that he will more than likely do to Vjax exactly what he has done to everyone else he has faced, so don't look at me when some SD fans talk about how he "hasn't faced a reciever like him yet" or whatever ;)

As for your point about '04, yeah same guys, but the teams are totally different. Miles apart. It will be similar in the way that it will be another close game though.

Finally, yes I know that some over confident SD fans come here to post, but I can't control that. I can only speak for myself. And I haven't made any stupid comments or arrogant arguments, I've simply given my opinion on the game and given reasons why either team can win, so please don't group me with the fans that come here to talk trash, thanks ;)

20. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

What's with the inferiority "complex" a lot of you Chargers fans are bringing onto the board? I don't know which teams fans shit in your collective apple pie, but you won't find one Jets fan here that doesn't have a ton of respect for your "team." In fact, they were mine, and a lot of other people's pick to go to the Super Bowl. In fact, I'd go on a limb and say most of us wanted the Colts, but that may have more to do with the whole sitting the starters incident.