I think Revis will be used differently Sunday

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by johnnysd, Jan 11, 2010.

1. The Lord

The Lord Active Member

I'm not sold on this one, I think it may have been #44 Idhedigbo. I thought it was Revis at first but I wasn't sold. They have very similar body types.

2. B1nary Bolt Fan

B1nary Bolt Fan New Member

hahahahahahahaa

3. Jets42long

Jets42long Member

A #1 reciever is big, fast and the guy you see making the homerun play. Welker is a "slot reciever" their job is to catch a lot of short passes on 3rd down, setting up the #1.
    Revis needs to be put on a number one guy to avoid any back breaking plays. SD, unlike NE has 2 guys like this. Intact VJ who everyone (myself included) is most concerned about is listed as the#2 guy on SD depth chart.

4. StreetFighterJet

StreetFighterJet New Member

Either way we spin it I think we'll have some matchup issues. No one can cover Gates on our side 1-1 aside from Revis, but they won't do that unless its an obvious passing situation which then leaves Jackson open, so you acn't erally do that either.

Rhodes is not good enough to cover Gates 1-1, that is a certainty.

Then there's Sproles and LT catching dump offs out of the flats, we certainly dont' have LBers that can stay with those 2... this will take every ounce of defensive mojo that Rex has at his disposal to contain, it will be very interesting to see how it goes.

5. 624

624 Banned

I'm almost positive that Revis was sent on one blitz, it was late in the 3rd quarter I believe.

#45 624, Jan 11, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2010
  6. 624

624 Banned

7. kinghenry89

kinghenry89 New Member

Laugh all you want, but the Jets blitz means that Rivers won't have all day to throw. Doubling Gates with a safety won't totally take him out of the game, but it can greatly limit his effectiveness. Jackson, on the other hand, would destroy the Jets if they took Revis off of him.

8. BOOMheadshot

BOOMheadshot Banned

Philip Rivers vs. "THE BLITZ":

92/163
    1440 yards.
    56% completion rate.
    13 TDs - 3 INTs
    104 QB rating.

Blitz all you want. Rivers isn't some sad sack QB.
    He's as smart as Peyton when it comes to dissecting defenses.

BOOM.

9. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

10. kinghenry89

kinghenry89 New Member

Who's calling Rivers a "sad sack QB?" I've called for him to be voted MVP, for chrissakes.

His talent doesn't change the simple fact that he will have to get rid of the ball quickly against the Jets. All I'm saying is that if he has to unload the ball quickly then Gates will still be in the middle of the field, where the Jets can be reasonably expected to contain the damage he does. Jackson, on the other hand, will still be able to get the ball over the top which is why the Jets need to keep Revis on him.

...boom?

11. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Even though SD has a lot of great receivers I dont think Rex is going to drastically change whats given us our number 1 pass D. Manning and Brees have a lot of great targets too and we handled them well enough. Besides with five receivers out we will be getting to Rivers quickly.

12. tanknyc

tanknyc Active Member

I think where we really need to concentrate is on Sproles because that guy is elusive and could kill us on third and short on quick back outs...

13. Ohio Jet

Ohio Jet New Member

hahahahaha

14. BOOMheadshot

BOOMheadshot Banned

http ://scores. espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=280922024

The last Jets game vs. SD.

http ://sports. espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=271125024

The last Rex Ryan game vs. SD.

Glaring similarities. BOOM.

headshot.

15. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

I'm expecting a lot of bubble screens and quick slants to try to neutralize our blitz. They have an excellent offensive CS and good personnel on the field for that kind of scheme. We've going to have to hit them right at the line of scrimmage. It's not going to be easy.
    For the Charger fan who says we think Philip Rivers is a "sad sack QB." Are you fucking kidding me??? Which fan base do you have us confused with? You won't find one Jet fan on this entire forum who believes that, so cut the shit.

16. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

Thank you for your insight.

17. ASITS

ASITS Member

i like the revis on jackson matchup and rhodes on gates matchup

18. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

I don't think Christ stays on VJ all game. I can see Ryan using him in the blitz. While VJ is very good, their trio in VJ, Floyd, and Gates are all 6'4/6'5 225+lb receivers with similar sets of skills. I think Rex uses more of a zone scheme than the traditional blanket DR on the #1 and let our 3-4 blitz take care of the rest.

Hearing Rex talk to Michael Kay today at 5pm he sounded VERY confident about going into San Diego and beating them. Maybe he's got a real sound plan.. I hope

19. JetsLookingforDWare

I think he gets used different also. I think he gets used more like the Packers use Woodson or even the Cardinals use Rolle. There's too many pass catchers on the Chargers to waste him on man to man all the time.