Jets/Chargers Divisional Round Discussion

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Scikotic, Jan 10, 2010.

1. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

barely beat the giants too who apparently suck huge monkey balls.

2. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

The fact that the league is very mediocre and the AFC in particular isn't that good doesn't change the fact that they beat the teams they played at a much higher frequency than we did. The question is are we much better now than we were and does that translate to being better than SD who was clearly better than we were consistently through the season.

Strength of schedule means something when you actually play a ton of good teams. We didn't and they didn't.

3. 400HZ

400HZ New Member

No. Stats, and especially yardage stats, are a poor basis of comparison and analysis.

4. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

It was a 5 pt game when Manning went out in the 3rd quarter.
    Are you going to say there is no way the Jets make up a 5 pt deficit?

How many what if's do we want to add to the equation?

5. 400HZ

400HZ New Member

That's not what I said at all. Jones and Greene will get theirs. Chris Johnson got his against us, too. It didn't matter.

6. B1nary Bolt Fan

B1nary Bolt Fan New Member

Here's some info off a betting website:

- Despite having the league's best defense, New York has played the over in six if it's last eight against AFC opponents.

- Since 2002, only two teams that led the NFL in total defense ended up winning the Super Bowl. Tampa Bay did it in 2002, then Pittsburgh did it last year.

- San Diego is 7-3 hitting the under in it's last 10 January games.

- The Jets have had a rusher with at least 90 yards in six of their last eight games. Only one Chargers back has reached that total all year, back in Week 10 when Tomlinson rushed for 96 against the Philadelphia Eagles.

- Rivers has only thrown three interceptions in the last eight contests, and two of them came in the same game.

- San Diego has faced six of the top 13 defenses this year, and two of the top five.

#306 B1nary Bolt Fan, Jan 11, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2010
  7. Chrebet86

Chrebet86 Active Member

is all this bickering over what happened in the regular season really proving anything, the jets post falcons game have played a very different style of ball, regardless of who laid down the last 2 weeks, indy i can understand although they didnt destroy us while they did try and cincy we beat clean 2 weeks in a row.

the point is this is a totally different team than has been all season, nothing can be debated or forecasted because theyve only played in one game so far where you can 100% say the team was playing hard the whole game.

the same can be said for the chargers... i didnt really pay to much attention to them this season but i know their offense is dynamic. as i said earlier in the thread, this is gonna be an awesome game.

8. 400HZ

400HZ New Member

If you want to brag about it, go ahead.

9. winstonbiggs

Rivers is playing at a very high level and is dropping balls into very tight spots. I really marvel at how accurate he is without having a great arm. That said for us to win this game it's going to be on the OL. If we can blow you off the ball we are going to score points and take the air out of the ball. Special teams and turnovers are the bullits that kill teams and both are caused by desperation.

10. The Waterboy

Big difference when you are #1 against the pass with the # 8 rush D as opposed to being # 2 and #3 against the pass with the # 30 and # 26 rush D.

And against Denver it was your running game that got you the win. Rivers was 140 yds under his season average that game.

11. B1nary Bolt Fan

Now we're talking...

Any chance you have the #1 pass D because teams didn't need to throw on you to maintain their leads? I mean, who's been in a shootout with you?

Remember, a lot of stats are built on situational football. In other words, the Jets ran a lot because Sanchez was turning it over at a high rate. This is not to marginalize your run game, but the Jets forced trench wars.

When you're running the ball, it shortens the game - lowering the play count. You played Miami and Buffalo twice. Neither team can throw the ball for shyte. When you're winning, throwing the ball is dumb - and face it, some teams had a lead to protect against the Jets.

Revis is a fine CB and the Jets have a great D. but c'mon man. Stats are there to be abused in arguments that don't really have a lot of meaning after the opening kick.

#311 B1nary Bolt Fan, Jan 11, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2010
  12. B1nary Bolt Fan

Because we had a lead and pummeled the crap out of them in the 4th quarter.

13. 400HZ

400HZ New Member

I know Benson didn't get 169 yards on us.

14. The Waterboy

I posted facts, I didn't bring up hypotheticals as you seem to be trying.

Go ahead and look into your crystal ball and tell me what the final was if Manning stays in.

15. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Simple Math on why the Jets will win:
    Chargers-27 Bengals-24
    Jets-37 Bengals-0
    Jets-24 Bengals-14
    =
    Jets-31 Chargers-27
    FINAL

16. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

That's a nice copout response after he blasted your pathetic argument out of the water.

17. winstonbiggs

We had 393 pass attempts, are opponents had 501. We had 607 rushing attempts our opponents 420. Teams do what their tendencies dictate they do. Teams don't sit on the ball in close games, the kind of games we were in all year, they sit on leads.

18. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Forced? that's our game plan....we run the ball. If you want to stop us...stop the run. Why would we pass the ball when we're beating the shit out of most teams at the LOS.....use your head.

19. 400HZ

400HZ New Member

I don't consider it much of a stretch saying that Indianapolis' starters would have played better than their backups.

20. B1nary Bolt Fan

Man, I'm struggling to imagine a scenario where the Jets put up 31.

If the Jets were to win, I'm anticipating a less than 40 game total.