Jets/Chargers Divisional Round Discussion

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Scikotic, Jan 10, 2010.

1. B1nary Bolt Fan

B1nary Bolt Fan New Member

If you weren't so stupid, it would be more fun to debate with you.

Evidenced by your post about Vjax. He can only catch the balls throw to him. When you have weapons all over the field, you don't need to focus on your top guy.

2. SanchezToEdwards

Chargers Secondary and D isn't great

We can run and pass on this team..Honestly the Bengals had a better secondary and we still passed on them for the most part

Their corners Cromartie and Jammer haven't exactly been great this year..hell Cromartie was always overrated because he was a INT machine but gave up big plays..this year he only had 2 interceptions. Merriman has been awful this year and is still recovering from his surgery. The only 2 players who I like on that D is Phillips and Weddle but that won't be enough. Sanchez should be able to pass on them and will definitely run on them

3. B1nary Bolt Fan

Fact of the matter is that I came to be respectful and talk about football, not trade insults with high school kids.

4. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Some are actually trying..I love that .

I posted stats and info but a few ignore that and get Butthurt over the dumb shit.
    Ironically, The dude says something about me knowing what gay is and when I slap him back he puts me on ignore... :lol:

Talk about being a little BITCH! LOLZZZZZZZZ

5. SuperBowl50

SuperBowl50 Member

Isn't that like saying Thomas Jones would have had 2200 yards had it not been for Leon and Shonne taking his carries away?

There's a reason why VJ got that many yards, namely, he was single covered and he has a QB that can recognize it. If Gates is open for a 30 yard gain and VJ is covered, how is taking Gates out of the picture giving VJ any yards? VJ got a lot of yards PRECISELY because Gates was double covered.

In any case, I have to give some respect to the Chargers passing game. The only passing offense that has as many weapons that we faced this year is NO. That said, we did fairly well against them (D gave up only 14 points), so I like our chances.

6. B1nary Bolt Fan

stats don't play the game. :up:

7. Royal Tee

How the fuk am I stupid when you call me a fag lover, which I had no problem with but when I get back 2 u you got all butt hurt?

I called the SD Jerseys gay...butthurt.
    I retorted your comment....butthurt.

If you can't take it, then just STFU and don't get all Butthurt about it.
    As you can see, I back my arguments up...but I also like to kid around..
    If you can't deal w/ it...don't reply.

8. Royal Tee

Go read the CHARGERS stat thread...
    I throw stats to the Wind in the Playoffs but some you can't ignore because they are an outline of what the team is bringing to the table

9. B1nary Bolt Fan

You may of noticed that I'm not a shrinking violet....

Butt I accept your apology. **wink**

I'm just messin with ya too. I don't want to be disrespectful on your board. I was just responding to you and MB's trash talking. ...having fun when I should be working!

[/electric slide, LT style]

10. Royal Tee

Kewl...:up: NP

but

your jerseys are still pretty fukin feminine! :lol:

11. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

I just want to mention you're all miles ahead of Phins fans.

12. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Shit, even bandwagoning Patsie fans are beter than fish fans, albeit not miles ahead.

13. Royal Tee

Actually this year so far the SD fans and the Saints fans have been pretty kewl....

btw, where is DW and the rest of the Bostonians..

14. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

[​IMG]

15. 400HZ

400HZ New Member

Having a cornerback as the best player on your team was great against a team like Cincinatti. You neutralized their only legit receiving threat and there weren't any other facets of their pass game to pick up the slack. I agree that Revis can probably minimize Vincent Jackson as a threat. Unfortunately for your team, the Chargers don't have a one dimensional passing attack.

Looking around here, I've noticed a ton of those Revis vs Moss, Revis vs Johnson, etc yard charts. That's great, but you can't throw that in as the definitive factor when deciding who is going to win this Sunday. Revis held Moss to 34 yards in November. I watched the game. But that's really nothing to brag about when Wes Welker torches the rest of your team for almost 200 yards and you lose by 17 points.

Antonio Gates and Malcolm Floyd are both capable of going off big for San Diego, and Rivers knows how to move the chains with his other weapons to set up those big plays. As far as Vincent Jackson goes, I would expect Rivers to target him deep at least a couple times based on experience in previous years against "shutdown" corners such as Champ Bailey and Nmamdi Asomougha. We'll see what happens. Either way, San Diego doesn't need Jackson to go off big in order to win.

I'm excited to see what happens on the ground. We've struggled running the ball everywhere except the red zone this year. LT isn't what he used to be, but I think he'll be running hard in his last few games as a Charger. If we end up getting some decent run game production and legit play action opportunities then I don't see the Jets being able to keep up with the scoring. You can't live and die with Thomas Jones and Shonn Greene all day long if the Chargers are consistantly putting up points.

Speaking of Jones and Greene (and Smith), does anyone really think that New York's chances hinge on anyone other than them? The Chargers get knocked a lot for being one dimensional, but the Jets probably don't have a chance if they can't run it where as San Diego has won games in a multiple of ways this year. Our defense started out the season looking pretty shaky, but adding to the defensive line rotation and making some moves at linebacker and safety have created substantial improvements.

16. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

I'll give you Asomugha (2008) but Rivers never faced Bailey when he was elite.

17. 400HZ

400HZ New Member

2006 was probably Bailey's best year. San Diego swept Denver.

18. Chrebet86

Chrebet86 Active Member

just by grazing through the thread this was the first post by a SD fan that looked like it wasnt just an argument and worth reading, good views but i honestly see this game as an even matchup...all this debating and comparisons i dont think there is one clearcut winner, not even close. this is gonna be one helluva game.

19. SuperBowl50

SuperBowl50 Member

That would be a good argument except Sheppherd was injured that game. Worse, our Nickel back was hobbling around (Strickland). Also, did you notice that Sanchez threw 4 interceptions, including 1 pick 6? The passing defense did okay considering the circumstances. And please, Floyd is no Welker. Granted, Gates gives them another dimension, but there's no way Rivers will have that much time to get all those long pass plays. That said, they will get some success on screens and such.

20. 400HZ

400HZ New Member

That's just one example. Obviously your team isn't shutting down everyone or they wouldn't have finished the season @ 9-7.