Jets/Chargers Divisional Round Discussion

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Scikotic, Jan 10, 2010.

1. Bolts2SB

Bolts2SB New Member

Did you chew on paint chips as a child? I have said from day one that Revis is an outstanding player. GET THAT THROUGH YOUR THICK SKULL.

My beef is with Moss. Do I think VJ is just as good as him, hell yes. I think Moss is over hyped and VJ doesn't get the recognition he deserves. If you don't agree....fine. Like I care one bit. Damn...chip on the shoulder

2. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

hahahaha...calm down, Ace.....don't fault me for your mother smoking during her pregnancy with you.

Moss>>>V.Jackson....for the record.

3. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Hold on.

If Rivers keeps throwing like he has been than VJ can attain Randy Moss level statistically not talentwise.
    He absolutely is not there yet though.

VJ is not even in the top 5 WR discussion.

Wayne
    Moss
    A Johnson
    Fitzgerald
    M Austin

#223 GQMartin, Jan 11, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2010
  4. Bolts2SB

Bolts2SB New Member

You seem like an outstanding individual. Glad to see your completely relevant responses.

That's great. We'll agree to dissagree.

5. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Thanks for noticing.

6. Bolts2SB

Bolts2SB New Member

I'll log back on later to discuss...got to get back to work

7. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

You guys are really believing that aren't you?
    JFTR,
    V.Jax wasn't even the leading Rec. On the team.
    68 - 1,167 - 9TD

Moss Wan't the leading rec. on his team either.
    83 - 1,264 - 13TD

And this is on your self proclaimed incredible Passing Offense.

If he was better than Moss, why did he have only 68 catches?
    V.Jax is # 15 in the AFC and #30 in the NFL !! Heath Miller& Ray rice had more catches than him!

and FTR, Of all the NFL receivers above V.Jax, Revis shut down the #2 #5 #12 #26 #27...some of them TWICE..
    ...but yet.. The 30th ranked receiver he's going to have problems against?

Dude..seriously?

8. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

Doubt it will be much of an issue as I think the whole game will be close, but I think you will find the Jets a very difficult team to come from behind on if SD gets into that situation.

9. Bolts2SB

Bolts2SB New Member

Apparently you didn't read my earlier post on stats....I suggest you read it to put things in perspective. We have other talent besides VJ getting catches....plenty of them. I've got to get back to work....I'll check back later..

10. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

VJ can't hold andre johnson or steve smith's jock. He will be shut down. as for malcom floyd or gates.. .we'll see.

11. Electric Chair

Electric Chair New Member

Good post Big Blocker. You are right. River's is our key. And you are right about the varied-ness of our passing attack. It is akin to also having a run game with screens and misdirections and outlet receivers such as Sproles. We have beat the Colts twice in 2 years (once at their house and another at ours) with this strategy. LT didn't figure much and if you take River's away you are likely to win. Personally, I hope LT pulls all the stops and has a monster game, but history isn't with me--just wishes that this may be his last shot and so a revitalized LT shows up..

But yeah, you need to stop River's to win this game..it won't be easy, figures to be close. I believe your D will need to score to win..

12. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

FTR: Please stop saying that a Colts win with starters is a given. I will admit that the Colts with 60 minutes worth of starters would be favored to win, but a gimme it wouldn't be. We do have the #1 Pass D.

The history against the Colts also speaks strongly in favor of the Jets as they beat them for the greatest Super Bowl upset of all time. And handed them one of the greatest playoff thrashings of all time.

Just to keep it current, our record vs. the Colts back through 2000 is 3-4, not exactly pwnage. Couple that with a team that may be a little overconfident and a rookie coach that has never been in this position before, and you have yourselves a game.

13. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Weatherford is better then Scifres!

14. hiker

hiker Well-Known Member

15. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Fixed that for you.

16. Royal Tee

Oh, so the other teams don't have "Other Talent"...that's weak.

but Ok, let's use that argument.

So, V.Jax has talent around him yet he still only has 68 Catches?
    Gates, Sproles, Floyd all those guys.

This means he Should be open often no?
    Yet, He's #30 in the NFL.

You have the #5 passing attack yet Your #1 WR has only 68 catches and Ranks #30. and he's gonna be a problem?

17. B1nary Bolt Fan

B1nary Bolt Fan New Member

I'm sorry... If I'd known you were a stutterer, wouldn't of been so hard on you.
    [/ignore on]

18. Royal Tee

One Quits and the other Ignores ...wow. They sure are thin skinned !!

Just stay the fuk out if you can't take it.

and Just like the other bitch who quit........
    You just Pussified yourself to the Max!

19. Electric Chair

Electric Chair New Member

For all those saying VJ can't hold so and so's jock and that he's not as good as Moss. I don't know exactly how good VJ is. I've seen Moss be sensational and for a while. VJ doesn't have the history and the attention. But its not from lack of production. How many of you that are saying VJ isn't as good as <insert name here> have actually seen VJ play? And not just in a game or two, but over the last 2 years? Since stats seem to define these WR gods, his stats would be off the charts if SD didn't have so many weapons. He shares a season with another 1000+ receiver (Gates) and Sproles (497 receiving, FLoyd (776 yards) and Nanee (242); not to mention LT (154), Tolbert (192) and yes, even Chambers eked out 129 yards before getting canned.

Take away Gates yards and you still have 1983 yards that have gone to everyone else but VJ and Gates. If even half of that went to VJ, you're looking at him having a 2000 yard season and a "few" more TD's..I don't think that any team in the league spreads the ball around like us. VJ is under rated. I don't know that he's better than Moss or Johnson or whomever, but he certainly at least in their league. I know you porbably won't, but if you want to more fairly evaluate his talent, go on YouTube and check some Charger games of his. I know they only show the highlights, but that should be enough to convince anyone that he makes the most difficult catches with aplomb..

20. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

I'm noticing the Chargers fans in this thread have a penchant for talking out of their bums....I'm still waiting for them to back up "ANY" of their arguments.

case in point....