Jets/Chargers Divisional Round Discussion

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Scikotic, Jan 10, 2010.

1. concussion80

concussion80 New Member

The Jets should be an 11 win team. At least 2 losses were directly attributed to a rookie qb learning the NFL game and being a turnover machine. The defense kept those games close, don't let the scores or stats fool you.

But like many have noticed Rex and the offensive coordinator have adjusted this offense to play to this teams strengths and Sanchez is beginning to thrive. Our rookie rb Greene out of Iowa barely got any carries early on out of respect for Jones. Now he is the most explosive rushing threat on our team. This team is light years better than they were mid season.

As for last week, that game is a blowout without the phantom calls against Revis and the Edwards drop in the endzone. You should know better than that. Objects in the mirror are not as they appear. You are playing a young talented team that is growing before the NFL's eyes.

2. TorontoJETSfan

TorontoJETSfan New Member

Nice post!

3. Bolts2SB

Bolts2SB New Member

Just December? That one's easy...we've won 18 straight in December. Who cares how many yards we've given up...

(I'm not being completely serious...D is very important....just being a smart ass) :lol:

4. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

I dont think we're in December anymore, Toto.

5. B1nary Bolt Fan

B1nary Bolt Fan New Member

We've been watching a young talented team for years... they fall short in the playoffs. :up:

6. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Banned

Let me put it another way. I'm gonna lurk a while and watch it play out. Take it as "pussified" if you want. But I know better than to think we're gonna blow you away with our "stats". I also know better than to think that anything I say will make you believe anything other than what you already believe. But to put it simply: Once the Chargers get the lead on Sunday (and they will get the lead)... they will not let off the gas the way the Colts did. Had the Colts decided to chase history, we wouldn't even be talking right now. We all know it's true, but hey... you always got "stats"... and we just know that we have the best football team in the tournament. rah rah. (now, hit me with the "troll" tag already and I'll watch it play out some more).

#206 nickelbolt, Jan 11, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2010
  7. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

8. B1nary Bolt Fan

B1nary Bolt Fan New Member

You're the guy with a male cartoon character dressed in spandex.... I guess someone with your, um, tastes, recognizes 'fag' quicker than most?

9. TorontoJETSfan

TorontoJETSfan New Member

impressed ...

10. Electric Chair

Electric Chair New Member

Bolts2SB makes good points. This is also why stating that SD is "one dimensional" isn't a very good way of characterizing the team. That description doesn't fit the reality of the diversity of what we do with the passing game.

As I posted on another thread. This Jets team is good enough to beat the Chargers. I think that playoff inexperience and lack of home field will be huge factors in figuring why they won't win. Its not so much the tangible matchup, but the intangibles of the fact that we've been there done that for the last !5 years and not have matured to the point where we are machine-like in our execution. Don't mistake the fans homerish excitement for the way the Chargers will approach and play this game.

Side note: I do believe that if there is a blowout, the Bolts will be the ones to mete out the punishment and in that spirit, it will be due to that Jet's inexperience "asserting" itself. There is no way the Jets blow out SD. However, a more likely and rational approach will be that the game is, if anything, close..

Good luck!

11. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

didn't you "take off"?

12. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

To Charger fans asking about it:

One way to understand the fact that the Jets lost seven games is that basically turnovers were killing them. Some abberant special teams plays took their toll, too. But mostly there was a need to adjust the offense to minimize Sanchez's potential to throw ints.

These have been in place since the Jets were 4-6, and they have gone since then with only one loss, to Atlanta when there were three ints.

In other words, the Jets pulled it together enough to get into the playoffs, have possibly put those problems leading to those losses behind them. The losses mean next to nothing at this point, other than that SD earned the home field. We can debate just how much the Jets have momentum, and have put those problems truly behind them. But there's no denying they have improved substantially from that 4-6 team.

13. Bolts2SB

Bolts2SB New Member

Did you see him play for the Raiders? Did you read the headlines? Quitter. Whiner. Pretty damn accurate if you ask me.

Google it....read it....follow it. It's a well known fact that he flat out gave up because he was on a shotty team (Raiders) and let everyone and their mother know about it. He wasn't playing to his potential because he knew they had no shot at winning.

Now that he's on the Cheatriots he's "happy" but still lacks discipline. Just my opinion...glad you liked it.

14. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

I would argue that the combination of Manning, Wayne, Clark and Addai are still better offensively but, your post is excellent,and it gets into the reason the Bolts are a very dangerous team, very tough to defend and why they are one of the two teams that are the class of the AFC right now.

The Bolts are much more similiar to NO O than to the Colts, lots of weapons and a great trigger man willing to put the ball up for grabs and let his athletic guys go get it. I suspect we are going to cover more than blitz in this game and the real key is going to be our OL ability to push your D around and keep Rivers off the field.

15. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I called them one dimensional on offense. What I meant by that was they are a passing team with a weak running game. I'll admit it was a bit short sighted in that I didn't give enough credit to the weapons you have in the passing game.

16. SuperBowl50

SuperBowl50 Member

The Jets run D can stop the Chargers run O. The Jets run O can run on the Chargers run D. The Jets pass O looks like it can be stopped by the Chargers pass D. But the big matchup is this...

The Jets have the #1 passing defense in the league by far. (#2 btw, is the panthers according to football outsiders)

I actually didn't realize until I looked it up, but the Chargers actually have the #1 passing offense in the league by far. (#2 btw, is the patriots)

Irresistable force, meet immovable object.

VJ, Gates, Floyd are a three-headed monster. Sproles/LT also come out of the backfield. I think Revis can shut down VJ. The big question is, can the Jets stop Gates/Floyd/RB?

Personally, I think they'll get some success. The big question is, will Rivers throw a pick? Generally, the SD games are a lot closer when Rivers throws at least one.

Fun game to watch. The key for both teams is going to be keeping control of the ball on offense. SD with their passing and the Jets with their running.

17. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Is that it?
    Is that the intellect level of a buh buh B1nary buh buh Bolt fan? That's the best and brb brbrbr brbrb Brightest?

The only Binary you're going to see is when you're assed out of your own stadium and are 0-1 in 2k 10...

see, see what I did there :wink:

18. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

so your argument against Revis....is that Moss didn't play to his potential...because of how he played in Oakland?

are you fucking stupid?

19. Bolts2SB

Bolts2SB New Member

Nope....just commenting on an earlier post about "just December"

Just remember after the Jets come to SD...."There's no place like home" for you guys. :up:

Damn this game can't come fast enough. The anticipation is killing me...

20. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Ftr I don't consider even a team that weighs as heavily as SD on its passing game as one dimensional since,as you point out, SD's passing game itself is varied.

But I would worry somewhat that if the Jets can rattle Rivers and cover the SD receivers adequately, SD cannot with effect counter that with a strong running game. I take it the LT of this year is not the one who was arguably the best RB in the game just a few years ago.

I think the key to the Bengals game was the Jet OL blocking for the running game and giving Sanchez enough time to pass when he did. The Jet OL will be a huge factor against SD, but add in that SD has more talent at receiver after Jackson, and you saw Cincy find some success moving it to other receivers than 85, until some got banged up. But concededly SD has far more talent in its receiving game than Cincy (who has no one like Gates, for example).

Therefore the key to the game is likely going to be (in addition to the usual of turnovers) whether the Jets can adequately cover SD's receivers.