Chargers Fans Take on the Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TurkJetFan, Jan 10, 2010.

1. B1nary Bolt Fan

B1nary Bolt Fan New Member

Ummmm.... HELL no.

2. ghostridergo

ghostridergo New Member

The only problem with Charger fans is they are fair weather fans. When the team is playing well they'll be there but once the going gets rough they are no where to be found for example the chargers almost had 3 blacked out games thats not good. Unlike a Jets fan no matter what rain or shine there are there to cheer their team on or boo them on.

But in recent years since I have been her for about 12 years the fans have been getting better compared to the days when they had Brees and Flutie. They are being more fanatics now and I see that now that they are getting alot of attention and the team is now clicking together. But that might just fall apart soon especially after this year if they don't win a The Super Bowl or get to the AFC Championship. Since there are alot of players that won't possibly be there next year IE LT, Sproles, Merriman, and Jammer. Let alone they can't seem to get a new stadium. But if the win the SB I see a new stadium in the horizon possibly.

3. Electric Chair

Electric Chair New Member

GustoonArmy: Let me clarify. I do believe the Jets are a great matchup against SD. That the Jets do have what it takes to beat the Chargers.

I think that, on paper, we are pretty evenly matched, but that this isn't on paper and that "not being able to stop the run" doesn't translate to a Jets victory. As I mentioned, teams DO garner lots of yards against this team, just not many TD's. We stiffen up in the red zone-- where it counts..Check our stats there and you'll see what I'm referring to..

Also, as has been pointed out, our stats are much better over the last 11 games. Why? Because after the first game, we were missing 1/2 of our offensive line and our ProBowl NT. Also, we got rid of some dead weight in Clinton Hart (safety, who was killing us with his poor play). As the season wore on, guys stepped up, began to get experience and by the end of the season were playing pretty damn well. I think that is reason enough to take our first 5 games and their down-weighting stats with a grain of salt..

In any case, I don't think this is a game of skill versus skill. I do think the Chargers overall, have better players, but not significantly so where the Jets have no chance. On the contrary. What is the difference maker in this game is going to be experience. We just have more of it. We've learned from our 2004/2006 debacles (2007/08 - we had injuries to key players).

So, I think discussing the tangibles is about a draw. The difference will be experience and, oh yes, home field advantage. I know, I know, it didn't make a difference for the Bengals, but, we ain't the Bengals..

4. B1nary Bolt Fan

I hate the rest factor. In '06, the city threw a Chargers rally, Merriman showed up and said they're 'punch Brady in the mouth'.

Got to say, that sure as hell left a bad taste in SD's mouth. No rallys this week. No bulletin board material, nothing but prep.

Norv prepared his team for 3 possibilities last week. But guess what? Norv told people on Friday that he suspected they would be playing the Jets.

I got news for Jets fans... there is no way in hell that your team is being overlooked by the Chargers. They are busy dissecting and preparing. I think the most important aspect of the Chargers game plan is to try and make you march 75 yards for every score. With a rookie QB, that's a tough task in an environment that you're coming to face.

5. GreenMachine

The Chargers have not faced a Defense this year remotely close to the Jets.

6. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

Then why all the near-blackouts?
    Talking purely in terms of which place is tougher for a road win in the winter, Paul Brown Stadium clearly surpasses Qualcomm.

I'm not saying the Chargers aren't a much harder opponent than the Bengals but this is an easier environment for Sanchez than the WC game.

7. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

I would really like to see the literal meaning of this thread title come to fruition and watch Harris, Scott, and E. Smith rip through a crowd of these douchebags.

San Diego delenda est.

8. ghostridergo

ghostridergo New Member

They did play Baltimore and the Steelers with Troy b4 the injury and they did lose both those games.

9. B1nary Bolt Fan

Ok.

Who have the Jets faced that has the Chargers level of offense? They were getting beat when Peyton got sent to the quitters bench.

Guess we'll see how it plays out.

10. ghostridergo

ghostridergo New Member

I don't know about that but Badger the winter weather definitely has an effect. But in san diego when they get going it gets crazy there . I was there for both Giants games when Eli played against them and it was ridiculous the hate they can muster up for person. But the nice clear weather that sunday should make it easier for our defense to move.

11. GreenMachine

New Orleans, Houston, New England and Indy all have higher ranked offenses.

They also held Peyton to 9 points. And NO to 10 points. And Houston to ZERO points.

12. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

HAHA-

See Charger fans are the most fair weather fans there are-
    They have not got a clue, they still think a touchdown pass is called a home run.

13. B1nary Bolt Fan

By what standard? The temperature?

This is ridiculous.

BTW, San Diego is a town of transplants from s**t-holes like Chicago and New Jersey. Plus, California has chased away business with the highest costs of doing business than anywhere else in the world. SD's economy is suffering like many others.

Plus, fans who know the stadium know that there are roughly 4,000+ seats that suck because they're too low and the line of sight is blocked by team benches. Ya can't sell season tickets when the view eats it.

Back off on the SD fans in regards to blackouts. There are a wide variety of reasons those seats are a tough sell and is one of the primary reasons why the Chargers know they need a new stadium.

14. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I agree with you here brother.

It would be a very tough task to overcome.

I'm also concerned with Feely giving you guys short field position. His kick offs were very short @ Cincinnati. Maybe it was the hard ball, cold weather, and tired leg from all the kicking.

15. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

The Chargers have gotten run over every time I've seen them play. I don't think we'll have any problems running on them. I was worried last week about the Bengals' corners getting to Sanchez, which didn't happen (obviously). I don't think the Chargers's corners are any better so I call this a good matchup for us. Especially since the Chargers can't run between the tackles, like at all. Tomlinson has seemed slow every time I've seem him play this year.

16. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Good point here Badg...

Sanchez is finally getting to play in Warm weather...remember what he did in Miami....?

17. ghostridergo

ghostridergo New Member

So why is the Jets who have sucked so long can still sell out games and has never every had a blacked out game in its team history.

I'll give it to you that SD is a transplant city. So does that mean that there are not enough charger fans in the city that when they play the raiders they have to sell the other half of the tickets to raider fans so they dont get blackedout?

18. GreenMachine

Piss poor argument. The Bills have been awful for a long time, yet they sell out every game.

19. ghostridergo

ghostridergo New Member

I agree with you there GreenMachine and I would say that Buffalo isn't a high market city but they still sell tickets let alone The Bill have to compete for love with 2 other New York teams.

20. GreenMachine

Not really. Geographically they are too far apart. The Bucs, Dolphins and jags are closer together than Buffalo and the Jets/Giants