Chargers Fans Take on the Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TurkJetFan, Jan 10, 2010.

1. Electric Chair

Electric Chair New Member

GreenMachine: I think this "common opponent" argument has no merit. One team will lose to a team one weak and thrash a team that beat the team that demolished them..there is no statistical correlation to this..none..

Ya'll have a decent team. SD fans may take you lightly or be overconfident, but you can bet the Chargers are taking the Jets very seriously. There has been much discussion from Charger brass and literary pundits about how the Chargers have matured from their past. They are not the same team in the 04 season that lost to the Jets and then in 06 to the Pats. They are machine like in their preparation now. Choke is not in their vocabulary. It doesn't mean they will win, it just means that they won't beat themselves. If you can beat this team, you have a good shot at a championship..just don't think it will happen..

2. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

Meh, why stop there? I guess we can throw all 16 games out the window too, those really mean nothing in a game of this magnitude....

3. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

We cannot lose this weekend.
    NO ONE other than us thinks we should be there, it really is as simple as that.

4. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

No Jets Fan (not drunk) thinks that the Bolts will choke, but to win against us, your team will have to have its 'A game' for 4 qtrs, as we will do.
    However, I do wonder...
    A: How you intend to stop the run, when so far you've shown that you can't.
    B: How you intend to run or pass against the best D in the NFL

5. SdChargeher

SdChargeher New Member

pretty much...:breakdance:

6. gammatec

gammatec Member

Charger fan here, but first and foremost a USC fan. I love the Chargers, but I also follow former Trojans and cheer them on (Jets vs Bengals was brutal for me, poor Palmer. Pulling for Sanchez then Palmer then Sanchez then AARRghhh). Since Sanchez became the starting qb, the Jets have become my #2. The kid has charisma.

The consensus here in San Diego, at least with work and friends is, Jets who? Mainly because we don't get to see many games (it sucks watching games on the internet with a fuzzy feed), and because of the whole rookie QB/entering the palyoffs through the back door.

My take on it, as a Charger fan...the Jets have had our # in the past, however, these are different teams facing off, but I honestly think the Jets still match up dangerously against us. My score?

...Jets 28 Chargers 17

7. GreenMachine

How is winning 5 of your last 6 games entering through the back door?

I hope everyone in SD, including Norvall, think that.

8. gammatec

gammatec Member

Listen, you're not fooling anyone. The Colts and the Bengals didn't play their starters, you know what I'm talking about. The colts game alone would have been enough to send New York home with a loss and a good bye to the playoffs.

Don't take that comment to heart as something THAT bad. In my opinion, the Jets deserved the playoff wins at the end, given their big time misfortune during the season with games slipping away at the end.

9. GreenMachine

So Cincy played their back ups in the playoffs? Marvin lewis is a retard.

10. gammatec

gammatec Member

I'll give you Cincy, no problem. We both know this New York team wasent going to win at Indy though, but i'm happy they did. Enough of that though, typical that you decide to analyze the one comment that can be twisted into something evil.

Anyway, it's going to be a win win for me, I just hope the Trojan has a geat game either way.

11. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

About the Jets playing backups:

5 teams who were in the playoff race and had tiebreakers over the jets couldn't beat shitty teams or win at home so, I don't want to read anymore of this "backing in" BS. Those teams choked and let the Jets walk into the playoffs because they couldn't win when they had to. Blame those 5 other teams, not the Colts and Bengals.

12. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Do you think the USC factor will make the SD crowd slightly more neutral when Sanchez is on the field?

13. gammatec

gammatec Member

Out of my entire post, you guys decide to get bent out of shape for that? It's not even entirely just my opinion, merely commenting on what the Nationwide media thinks, don't convince me, convince them. I could care less about how the jets made the Playoffs, i'm just glad Sanchez is starting to find his stride.

You guys are shooting the messenger. Yes, I think the Jets got a break when Manning sat out, but screw the other crybabies that cried foul over it.

14. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

^ we are sensitive over that because of what Woodley said about teams laying down so the Jets get in and its a coup against the Steelers. Also, those other teams choked.

The Steelers lost 5 in a row to teams with top 10 draft picks. they don't deserve to be in the playoffs. The Fins choked two games away at home, the Texans didn't beat the Jets in week 1, Sanchez's 1st start. The Jaguars couldn't beat mediocre teams down the stretch to win. The Broncos lost 8 of their last 10, they aren't a playoff team. None of those teams deserved to go in or are equally deserving as the Jets. None are more deserving.

15. gammatec

gammatec Member

No, USC fans travel well, but Charger fans are crazy about this team so tickets are tough to get. No USC fan is going to be crazy enough to buy an expensive ticket just to watch Sanchez, Palmer or Leinert. I would love to go and sport a Jets Sanchez jersey (with a Chargers hat on:breakdance:) but it's tough getting a ticket.

Their are also a lot of Mexican American Charger fans (this is San Diego) but I still don't think their will be any mercy on him or the Jets.

Expect an entire San Diego homefield advantage with no loop holes for Sanchez.

16. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

^ good stuff thanks.

17. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I wish this will be a competitive game.

I am concerned about Gates.

18. ghostridergo

ghostridergo New Member

I am a Jets fan in San Diego and on the radio all I hear on 1360am is people saying there is nothing to worry about when the chargers play the jets. That Revis only one man and is the only one getting respect on the Jets team and I have been listening to the radio for about 4 hours now.

I do have to say that the chargers do have a ridiculous amount of weapons. It will be great to see if they can stop the other players on the offense. So I will love to see the the Jets gameplan is on that. What I don't want to see is an unprepared Jets team go out there and make it a no contest.

I have watched enough charger games to see that now they are playing some inspired football like the jets are playing.

Then Jets just need to play hard-nosed football and we should be good if not then its a loss but it won't hurt as much this season. But next season if they make the playoffs which they should there should be no excuses. Just like there is no excuses for the chargers this year.

19. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

Yep, I think containing Gates is the key to the game.

edit: Nice to have some Bolts fans here who come to talk some ball. Thanks for stopping by. :beer:

20. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

An SD fan mentioned how rested the Chargers are...

This can be a blessing or the downfall for a team.

The Jets, despite having "backed into the playoffs" and played a "shitty" 10 victory, division winning team in Cincinatti, and defeating them soundly, are playing their best football since the start of the season.

Rest is absolutely good to heal up Tomlinson, however, it will not help the Chargers deal with their lack of seeing live football, especially going up against a fast (sans Rhodes) Jets D.