I think Revis will be used differently Sunday

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by johnnysd, Jan 11, 2010.

1. johnnysd

johnnysd Well-Known Member

I was thinking bout this and I am pretty sure that the Jets will not assign Revis to one player but rotate him around to different players to make it more difficult on Rivers. There are a lot of receivers that can hurt us on San Diego and I think rotating Revis around will be the best wa to neutralize it. He will still play man to man but then they can roll double teams depending on coverage or play a tight zone

2. dmarz45

dmarz45 Well-Known Member

Their WRs will be SHUT DOWN... The KEY is stopping Gates who is their leading receiver... We need Rhodes to have a HUGE game next week... Revis will be on Vincent Jackson most likely the whole game... Floyd is listed as their #1 tho... I really like the way we match up with this Chargers team.. the only matchup I have doubts about is that Gates matchup...

#2 dmarz45, Jan 11, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2010
  3. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

They're not going to change the way Revis is used. This has worked all season, no reason to mess with it now.

San Diego delenda est.

4. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

This thread has me ROTFM.

5. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

agree, I think the rotation will be used on Gates between Smith, Leonhard, Lowery, Rhodes and Strickland.

also, we have to hit!
    Spoles and anyone who catches the ball must be punished!
    Seriously. We've been hitting the last few games and it seems teams were just pummeled into submission.

6. dmarz45

dont forget we have also had the most HEART... and thats what really matters... BTW royaltee that signature is soooo funny "Snappy and Reponkinslive!!" that commerical cracks me the F up...

7. CatoTheElder

[​IMG]

8. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

You're the 1st to comment on it. I was beginning to think I was the only one who saw that shit :lol:

[​IMG]
    (Cue Final Countdown Music)

9. SydneyDon

SydneyDon 2008/2009 TGG The Green Card "International Poster

Perhaps offensive coaches will sacrifice their number 1 receiver's game in future just to take Revis out of the play. Basically make it a 10 on 10 game and have the WR line up really wide and just do bugger all. Make a few short safe throws just to keep Revis interested.

10. dmarz45

yeah EVENTUALLY teams will find a way to play around Revis so he doesnt have such an impact but thats not gonna be ANYTIME soon.... dude is a machine...

11. CatoTheElder

It sort of happened already, against the Falcons. They shifted Roddy White to the opposite side in motion which is why Strickland was covering him on the final drive(the play with the facemask penalty). Revis was told to check the receiver off. I don't know if they have since scrapped that idea or not.

San Diego delenda est.

12. dmarz45

IDK either but it definitely should be SCRAPPED!!!!!! Revis on the best receiver on the field every play... even if that means man to man every play lol... JK

13. RevisOfNazareth

RevisOfNazareth New Member

I wouldn't be surprised to see more zone coverage. Revis is fast enough to get there. The rest of the secondary is going to have to step up though.

14. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

revis only plays man to man about 60-70% of the snaps. on zone coverage he passes the receiver off the the next gey, like on that ocho slant

the one 'surprise' we may see from revis is a db, blind side blitz. we have never blitzed revis yet. tic tic tic

15. Ohio Jet

Ohio Jet New Member

Rhodes is definitely the defensive key this week. I think he'll be up to the job. If we don't help them score, we'll hold them to 15-20 points.

Question again this week will be how do we get to 20 points. I know they are mediocre against the run but I think we will have to use more play actions this week. I hope we do this early - some high percentage play action passes - while they will be stacked certain we are going to run.

I don't think we'll throw 30 times unless we get a couple scores behind but we might have to throw 25.

If we score 20+ points and have no more than one more turnover then the Chargers, we will win this game.

Jets 27-17. Indy rematch or AFC Championship at home. I'm lookin for tickets to that game!!!

16. Jets42long

Jets42long Member

SD is the first team we have faced with two true #1s. I think rotating rebus between the two of them makes real sense. I have no doubt he will be able to shut down who ever he faces, but that leaves either floyd or VJ free. Both guys can burn us big time.
    If we rotate him between both of them that makes it harder on rivers' progression and it prevents either one of those guts from getting into a groove. Let's face it if rebus is covering someone 50% of the time, it's like they are only playing half the game.

17. Jets42long

Jets42long Member

Sorry about that rebus= revis, my comp did this stupid spell check thing. I didn't mean to use his name in vain.

18. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

i am almost 100% sure he blitzed saturday, but he got picked up.

19. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Put him in as a receiver!

20. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

Malcolm Floyd is not a #1 receiver. Revis on VJax all day.