Post reason why the Chargers are OVERRATED

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by soxxx, Jan 10, 2010.

1. guerro619

guerro619 New Member

Here's to a physical clean game by both teams. Mark Sanchez will be overwhelmed come game time.

The only concern the Jets should worry about is stopping AirNorv. And his gunslinger Rivers.

2. ........

........ Trolls

Great thread right here. The Chargers are overrated because they present the toughest passing matchup for us yet this season with their stable of massive receivers. Oh...wait...

3. WaffleSauce

WaffleSauce New Member

What's shakin' senor? A breakfast snack for you? Waffles perhaps?:pats_suck:

4. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Lets just hope that the week off has put rivers in a funk and the jets can take advantage early.

5. ShaunPhillips

ShaunPhillips New Member

The only over-rated claim could come from the point spread which is a bit too high I think at 9, considering the colts are only favored by 6.5. Other than that I think SD has done everything right after the poor start...it will be a close game, especially in the first half.

6. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Wow that's an old pic in your avatar... that might be Revis's number but that may be Ray Mickens ...lol. I don't think Revis was on the roster the last time we played you guys in NY.

7. HighBoltageMD

HighBoltageMD New Member

Yea they are definitely overrated... especially their QB, he's just a rookie.

Oh wait,....my fault I thought we were talking about the Jets being overrated.

Never mind. :drunk:

8. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

How can a team that everyone said didn't deserve to be in the playoffs be overrated?

9. ShaunPhillips

ShaunPhillips New Member

10. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

As far as their regular season is concerned there is nothing overrated about them, in fact they may just be underrated. However as a playoff team with a 9 point spread I do think they are very overrated.

The CHargers have been the most talented team in the league for at least the last 5 years yet have no trophy to show for it.I think they are very beatable in the playoffs and we match up extremely well with them. They are going to need to match our intensity and for a team that rested their starters in wk 17 and didn't play last week we can get them out of their game early by being more physical.

As a playoff team in the divisional round the Chargers don't have a very scary homefield advantage, are very one dimensional and have Norv Turner as HC. I like our chances.

11. TheDon

TheDon New Member

As an outsider I'm impressed that most of you shut this guy down. The Chargers aren't over rated and anybody that knows anything about football knows you guys need to play near perfect ball in order to go out west and get a win. Can it be done? Of course but it's a tall order.

I question what you guys will do to stop Gates, if you can hold him to like 5 for 60 and out of the endzone it could be the stat that wins you the game, because I think everyone knows Jackson isn't gonna put up any stats this week. This could be the game they regret dumping Chambers (not that he's great but he could have made a difference this week)

12. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Why does a team have to be overrated for us to beat them? have some faith in our guys that they can beat a big time team. I think SD is the best team in the league, I also think we can beat them.

13. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

14. rscherwin

rscherwin Well-Known Member

and the jets are overrated because we LOSTto buffalo, miami, new england, etc. Hate the argument - this is a tough out because

1 - JAckson at 6'5 is a tough cover by size, speed and Rivers' accuracy alone
    2 - Floyd and Gates should eat up whomever covers them
    3 - Sproles is a game changer - our LBs and S's are good - but not above average in coverage.

On the contrary our run game is strong - we just need to ensure we're using it as a strength to control the ball, and allow Sanchez spots, and we also just need to hope that Sanchez has another strong game.

15. Tony

Tony Bipedal, Reformed

Overrated? Hardly. This is a strong, well rounded team with weapons everywhere. I suppose we can hope that Norv turns into a pumpkin in the playoffs. Other than that, we need to beat a better team.

And I believe we can.

16. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

I agree... they have one of the best and most complete Offense in the league (all they need is a power back, but one could argue LT can get the tough yards) and their D is growing...

The only thing that keeps me from saying they are the favorites to go to the SB in the AFC is that I don't think their D is elite level.. especially against the run.

17. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

Haha. well put. Not quite the thread it could have been . . .

(The Chargers are very good)

18. SuperBowl50

SuperBowl50 Member

Complete?? Their running game is 31st in the league. That's not a complete offense, that's a passing offense. You have a top passing offense against THE top passing defense. That will be a fun matchup to watch.

The big thing to watch out for is the screen. With the overload blitzes we like to bring, we're especially vulnerable to the screen. The only thing to combat that is really good film study and getting some tells and recognizing. Honestly, if we stop the screen, we can hold them under 17 points.

19. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Yeah, they are. They're a good team, no doubt....But if it was the NYJ you'd already be hearing about how soft the schedule is.

5 wins vs KC (2) Oak(2) and Cleveland...

The teams most like the NYJ (Def, Strong ground game) they lost two of three (Pit, Bal) eked out a win against Cincy.

They are good, not great, and certainly not light years ahead of us.

31st in the NFL in rushing offense...And they play a vertical passing game....That plays to our stregnths..

Best of all possible SB scenarios is we win, and Baltimore wins...and we slug it out at home.

#79 Hobbes3259, Jan 11, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2010
  20. Zcore

Zcore New Member

I remember that game...That was Ty Law. LT shook the shit out of Him