Do you watch the Jets games alone?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bassman, Jan 10, 2010.

1. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

Yeah I'm a big time nerd.. I hate going out to watch the game and having to raise the volume to MAX, coz every1 wont shut their mouths.

2. Talisman

Talisman Active Member

I watch the game alone, but sadly it's because I act such the fool when my Jets are playing that I would be branded a retard by any and everyone near me. I'm just very animated, for better or worse, I wouldn't want to subject anyone to that.

It's gotten so bad that my dogs learned to spot my Jets game "war room" set up, and when they see me decked out in my Jets gear with my food, booze, and laptop they all take off upstairs and don't come back down until I go up there to get them.

3. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

i watch the games alone and i put on my own 'half time show' with a purple vikings helmet....

4. Satire?

Satire? Guest

Ideally, yes I watch them alone. But I was stuck at work with an Ocho Cinco supporter yesterday who had me competing in trash talk rather than focusing on the Jets throughout the first quarter.

5. HOI

HOI Active Member

Just me and my 16 month little girl. The wife works all day on Sunday. How lucky am I?

6. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

Incredibly so. Also, your avatar is the greatest thing in the world.

7. wexy

wexy Member

I've been going to the bar in Ft Greene Brooklyn 'Mullanes' near the Brooklyn Academy of Music.
    There are people who come from all over living there and I actually sat next to a Bengals fan during the game and there were two other people from the Cleveland area that were hanging.
    So it was a fun atmosphere and the Bengal fan bought me a beer.

#47 wexy, Jan 10, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2010
  8. Vilmalover51

Vilmalover51 Active Member

Alone in my room, with a few beers nothing crazy, door shut.

9. NYMagpies

NYMagpies New Member

i did the smae thing...a mate txt me and invited me up to a bar but i need to watch it alone at home...even the wife has to be quiet or go into the bedroom...i yell and scream and act like a goat so doing that at the bar wouldnt be cool :lol:

10. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

I don't have TV at school, so I'm forced to watch with others, which is nice. I hate watching with people who aren't into the game though. (i.e. the people who still think Champ Bailey is good)

11. NY Sack Exchange7

NY Sack Exchange7 New Member

LOL! Same thing here. My youngest son watches with me, but the whole damn Steelers neighborhood fears me when I scream and dance outside at each score, INT or otherwise! And yes, even my beloved BLack Lab cant stand it when I am yelling at the 54 inch Viseo Flat Screen and tossing Potato skins around the room!

12. ShutEmDownRevis

ShutEmDownRevis New Member

I moved to Miami... I watch it alone but I wish I had some jets fans to watch it with.....

Any Jets fans down here????

I dont like watching it with non serious football fans and I dont really like going to the bar because it's distracting.......

The best time tho I remember was watching the 2004 playoffs when I was 19 with my friends in new york who are also huge jets fans..... that was great

13. slimmjim45

slimmjim45 New Member

nothin like watching it with pops

14. jasperk99

jasperk99 New Member

delete

#54 jasperk99, Jan 10, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2015
  15. SJB22

SJB22 New Member

Watch it every week with my dad, usually both screaming at the tv lol

16. GreenMatt14

GreenMatt14 Member

haha gotta watch it alone cause in a public location they just dont understand jets intensity

17. UNWarCriminal

UNWarCriminal Member

I used to go to sports bars, but the crowds were annoying at times. Now I'm trying to get my 4-year-old into it but he wants to "high 5" when the other team scores too. I almost broke his arm when the Bengals scored first.

18. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

Hopefully, in a few weeks, Miami will be filled with Jets fans you can watch the game with!!

19. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

Geez - This thread is beginning to make me believe the internet is full of loners and wierdos.

You are all Jets fans so you are all good in my book.

IMO I watch the home games with 70,000+ of my favorite people and away games with friends or family.

20. Sgt. Slaughter

This thread has a really creepy feel to it. I'm picturing some fat, greasy goomba in his tighty whiteys rubbing one out to "Sanchize".