Jets/Chargers Divisional Round Discussion

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Scikotic, Jan 10, 2010.

1. SdChargeher

SdChargeher New Member

34-17 Chargers is my prediction for this game. Malcom Floyd has a big game with over 100 yards receiving. Gates abuses anyone covering him because of Revis covering jackson. And Jackson WILL have a long catch against your Revis Christ. Sproles takes a screen to the house and Legadu Nanee THROWS for a TD.

2. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

The Jets are going to run-run-run, control TOP and then play defense. That has been their formula for winning. Rex isn't about to change it now...

3. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

I don't like how obnoxious some of us have gotten since we beat the Bengals. The Chargers are a damn good team and deserve our respect, especially if we want respect in return.

4. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

for me the key on defense is pace.if he can get to rivers with just a 4 man rush then we'll be able to drop into zones and limit the passing game.i remember being worried about owen daniels week 1,but rex schemed that away from houston pretty well.now granted daniels< gates but ideas still the same.e.smith on gates with b.t. helping out.i trust rex to come up with a good plan here.than on offense,we get the ball we don't give it back for 8 mins.thats the best defense.

5. 624

624 Banned

Does anyone know what the longest catch all season on Revis was in man coverage? (The Ginn wasn't man coverage)

I'm pretty sure he hasn't allowed one catch over 20 yards all season.

6. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

That's a pretty creative post, but unfortunately I only see one of these happening. And it isn't the score. Gates probably will get alot touches this week....

7. Broadway Mark

Broadway Mark New Member

Stop with Vincent Jackson. The Chargers are very good and its going to take a hell of an effort for the Jets to pull this one out, but Revis is still the best and Jackson will do nothing.

8. Marblex

Marblex New Member

The key in this game is the Jets front 7 vs. SD's O-line.

If you give Rivers time, whether its against the blitz or not, he will make you pay. The Jets will need to apply constant pressure in order to prevent this, the problem then of course being screens and quick slants.

I believe Revis will contain Jackson, but I can see a couple of big gains due to his height. Rivers has thrown jump balls to Jackson time and time again with success. Granted, this is Revis, but I still see it potentially happening.

Rivers will be looking to Gates and Floyd for the majority of the game, both are capable of huge plays.

As a Charger fan, I am very worried about this match up to be honest and whilst I'm sure we'll be favoured, I wouldn't be atall shocked to see you guys upset us. You have the right match-ups and players to do so.

Having said that, I think you will need to play better than you did against Cincy, and I am sure you will.

I can't wait for this game.

9. Jets007

Jets007 Well-Known Member

Rex Ryan, if you are reading this, for the Sundays game, we have to have the intensity like the Ravens did against the Pats! Be aggressive and Hit them HARD!

10. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

everything else could be possible.

11. 624

624 Banned

There's no denying that the Chargers have better talent top to bottom, that doesn't mean I don't like our matchups though, with the way we've been playing, and the defensive scheming of Rex/Pettine and company, this should be a good one.

I predict us to come out very strong out of the gates riding the momentum from the last few weeks, but after the Chargers wipe the rust off it should turn into a game.

I'm just glad Rex will be on our sidelines and not Norv Turner, Norv is always a big question mark in the playoffs.

12. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

You really believe you will score 34 points on the #1 defense in the NFL?

Are you on Crack?

Look @ what happens when you play against decent Defenses:
    BAL 31 @ SD 26
    CIN 24 @ SD 27
    SD 20 @ DAL 17
    SD 28 @ PIT 38
    WAS 20 @ SD 23

Seriously dude...34 points?

13. Bolts2SB

Bolts2SB New Member

I know he is 3 out of 5 in the playoffs in his career in the NFL with the Chargers. (Colts were last year)

14. 624

624 Banned

Wow I was way off then, I just feel like the reason he's been deep occasionally was due to good regular seasons creating bye weeks.

15. 624

624 Banned

I read somewhere in another article, the Chargers have scored over 20 points in 22 straight games, only 5 teams have scored over 17 on us the whole season. (Which is amazing considering all of our turnovers).

In the last 7 games, we have allowed 8 points per game, that is incredible.

16. Bolts2SB

Bolts2SB New Member

There is no doubt that Revis is a phenom at his trade but simple physics can't deny a 6'5" VJ over a 5'11" Revis. Ochostinko would have had a few big plays had he not found a case of the butterfingers. VJ is on a whole different level from Ocho....

I'll go ahead and leave it at that since you guys have it set that VJ will not be a factor and we'll see what happens and discuss after the game.

17. Marblex

Marblex New Member

2 of those games were months ago, with a very different team than we have now (Baltimore, Steelers).

1 was us playing 2nd and 3rd stringers on both sides of the ball for 3 quarters (Washington)

Anyway, are you saying scoring 26, 27, 28 points is bad against these defenses?

I appreciate how good your D is, but realise that our Offense is the highest scoring unit in the AFC (Yes, more so than the mighty Colts).

18. Bolts2SB

Bolts2SB New Member

To tell you the truth, I had to look it up to double check because my selective memory denies me of remembering past playoff stats...too painful unfortunately with our shortcomings.

19. Jets007

Jets007 Well-Known Member

yes, chargers have a lot of weapons on offense, but so are the Saints. So as long as we don't turn the ball over, we can win this game!

20. 624

624 Banned

Randy Moss x 2 - 6'4
    Marques Colston - 6'4
    Terrell Owens - 6'3
    Andre Johnson - 6'3

5 chances to "out height" Revis; they all did jackshit against him.