17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. N8n619

N8n619 New Member

Wow the new Digs look great. I wish San Diego would build a new stadium ERR!

2. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Back thru the many pages of this thread it has been posted that the NYGs more/less sold out all there PSL except for the most pricest

3. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

From Simmons on ESPN, makes a good point RE: getting away from the wifey..

The question remains: Instead of shelling out dough for season tickets (and in some cases a seat license as well), why not just put the money toward a killer TV and watch your team from home? Is it really better to watch a Pats game from the third deck, a million miles from the field, than it is sitting on your sofa in front of a 50-inch plasma with HD? You can even invite your friends, or rotate houses every week. Is it really that much of a dropoff?

(The short answer: no. The long answer: No, but by remaining at home, if you're a family guy who frequently thinks about things like, "I'm trapped, why did I do this to myself?" and "Instead of getting married and having four kids, I wish I had just driven my car off a bridge at 115 miles an hour," you might need those 10 getaways per year to recharge your batteries, have a few too many cold ones, smoke a few cigarettes that your wife would have never let you smoke, and maybe even hit on a heavyset girl wearing a Mark Sanchez jersey whose eyes are two different sizes. Or as married Jets fans call it, "me time.")

4. pantograph3

pantograph3 New Member

Part 3 of my PSL agreement says that "...Licensee acknowledges that the Stadium currently is under construction and that the specific location of the Seats may be subject to modification; JSD [Jets Stadium Development] shall confirm to Licensee the specific Seat designations subject to the PSL no later than January 1, 2010."

Has anyone received such confirmation? I haven't - and with all this talk of lowering prices and moving seats around, I'd like to have a confirmation that the binding agreement I signed actually means I get the seats I selected.

5. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

to simmons:

if its worth tens of thousands of dollars to get away from the situation you have put yourself in than you have serious problems. if you feel it necessary to run away from your wife you are a shame of a man. if you cant enjoy things you like with your family you are a pity.

men like this SHOULD drive off a bridge at 115 mph. that way we wont have to deal with their pussy asses and they wont produce pussy children to infect the gene pool.

6. davecrazy

davecrazy Active Member

Giants are sold out everywhere except the most expensive PSL sections. 6 sections in the bottom and the Mezz club seats. Upper Deck is all gone and all the Mezz end zone seats and the entire lower bowl except for right behind the benches.

7. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

8. Hofstra Jet

Hofstra Jet Active Member

I have section 229, and its still 4k for the PSL, and 120 a seat. Is that lowered now? Based off ur link, its the same price

9. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

no im sorry the 5k 7.5k 15k and the 24k psl seats got lower tix prices

10. JetsSec337Lot13B

Playoff invoices online at my Jets acct on newyorkjets.com

11. ELLSWORTH

ELLSWORTH Member

Next up letters for the SB lottery..

12. BADMOO

BADMOO New Member

I'm still getting phone calls every week from the Sales Team. I gave up my tickets this season. Time was I couldn't get additional seats and was on a waiting list. Now I can have as many as I want.

I hate this stadium. I needed only a few things for a good stadium experience and I told them when they surveyed us:
    Comfortable seats
    Bigger Bathrooms
    Better traffic patterns and parking
    And if not a roof, then at least fan coverage.

These things encourage fans being in the seats giving home field advantage.

Instead the Jets and Giants focused on just how much money they could bilk out of fans, while driving them out of their seats and into lounges. If I wanted a lounge I'd take the PSL money and rebuild my basement.

And if the Jets and Giants wanted to make more money, they should have put a roof on the thing and went with the Manhattan plan of building a convention center, concert, other event venue.

Every time they call me now, I ask, "Have you added a roof? Have you gotten rid of the PSLs? You should have listened to the fans" Then they hang up on me and call again the following week. LOL

13. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

And how many bridges or tunnels do people going from Dallas to Arlington have to deal with?

The two situations are not comparable in regard to the commute.

#4813 BadgerOnLSD, Jan 10, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2010
  14. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Took the online survey and a few things the JETS are considering:

-Removing interest for 3 years on the financing plans.
    -Lowering PSL Priices for certain sections
    -Lowering TIX prices
    -Making the Inagural season TIX to PSL owners Free.

Most of the questions were "How much is too much" type of questions.

I think I did the right thing holding out.
    There will be deals real soon.

My only question is if they will shaft the people who, ahem, took our seats upstairs.. :wink:
    or
    Give them dibs on the new pricing....
    Either way, I get seats upstairs or get good pricing on previously ridiculous PSL seating .....I'm still holdin out.

#4814 Royal Tee, Jan 11, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2010
  15. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

R U saying it is harder to drive over a bridge or thru a tunnel if U live ONLY in NY then say driving on a road from north Dallas to Arlington? Is that correct? Last I looked residents of NJ do not have to go over a bridge or thru a tunnel to reach the stadium right? That makes it no difference then going from Dallas to Arlington right? As for the the CT residents I am not sure if they can reach the stadium without crossing a bridge or going thru a tunnel. In any case a bridge or tunnel is just connecting one road to the other right?

16. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Todays PSL Article in Newsday

Quick Summary.

Most expensive seats between 40 yard line in coaches club sold out. Jets declined to say how many seats are unsold or how many have been sold recently. But said mini-play-off run has sold more PSLs recently and said they did not rule out more promotions to move more tickets.

17. Section341

Section341 New Member

GG, would your opinion on PSLs change if we were discussing the Giants instead of the Jets? Just curious to see what your thoughts are. Sorry about being off topic a bit.

18. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

not surprised people bought psls this week. people are stupid and with the way the team has played the past 2 weeks they are all happy and ready to spend money they dont have. this is why the stadium will do fine. as much as i want it to be completely fucking empty all year next year.

19. JIMsection323

JIMsection323 New Member

I never got my survey, and im a non-psl holder.

20. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

It depends on the seat location but in general I would say yes. This year Giants tickets were going for about twice what Jets tix were going for on Stubhub, so in general you don't have to worry about losing your shirt with Giants tickets. According to the market (always right), Jets tickets are worth about $70-$80 upstairs and $85-$100 downstairs (more at the 50 yard line). The team priced tickets at the new place way beyond that which makes it useless to get season tickets because people won't pay those prices no matter how much sushi and imported beer they have for sale. People just want to sit down and watch the game, not hang out in some exclusive lounge