If I'm Marvin Lewis, I'd Attack The Jets By

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GSourJr, Jan 8, 2010.

1. GSourJr

GSourJr New Member

1. Forgetting about OchoCinco...use him as a decoy to drag Revis away from the play. You're not going to gain anything on Revis, why waste the play?

2. Build a package of plays for Coles...Coles can be a difference maker and a physical player and, knowing him, he'll have some axe to grind against the Jets

3. Get my TE involved...the Jets can't cover the TE...[a fact we'll have to deal with next week in San Diego]

4. Run the ball a hell of a lot more than I did the week before...I don't know why the Bengals passed as much as they did. The Jets can be stout against the run, but the Bengals abandoned it early allowing the Jets to tee off on the QB.

5. Have Palmer throw shorter quicker passes...help your teams chances of converting 3rd downs, and try to even up time of possession that was 40-20 the previous week.

IF I WERE REX RYAN, I'D BE CONSIDERING THESE KINDS OF COUNTERMEASURES.

2. Scoffaveli3

Scoffaveli3 Banned

who says you're playing san diego?

3. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

It's just a possible scenario.

4. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

If I were Marvin Lewis, I would do the exact opposite of what I did last week. Hell, I might not even show up

5. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Marvin has apparently been telling the press that they didn't even make a gameplan for last week.

6. dthomas53

dthomas53 New Member

Why just San Diego? What about Dallas Clark? I'd worry about him, before worrying about Gates.

Though, I'd hope Rex is worrying about the wild-card round, before worrying about the divisional round...

7. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Farting and taking a huge shit on our side of the field.

8. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

Could one of the players somehow hide the ball under their jersey and that way smuggle it into the end-zone?

9. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Yeah, he must be scared to death. Those kinds of nonsensical comments are only made to pump up your own team. He looks like a complete fool to even say it.

10. joejets1

joejets1 Member

JP Foschi is the starting TE. He actually lives on the same block as me. He didn't play last week. He is more of a blocking TE and wasn't even on the Bengals roster untill almost all of their tight ends went out with injury. He was released by the Chiefs and Raiders the past couple of years. I would't consider him a huge factor in the pass game, but, he is a great blocker. He is not the type of guy that will be able to shake a linebacker or a safety, however, if left open he'll catch some balls. I believe he caught around 7-8 balls against SD. So like any player he will hurt you when left alone, but, the Jets don't need to focus to much on him

11. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Which makes so much sense since they left their franchise QB in until the 3rd quarter :lol::lol::breakdance:

12. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

how professional of him......isn't it his job to make sure his players (even the backups) are prepared for every game?!

13. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

If I was Marvin Lewis I'd attack the Jets by sending rabid strippers at Kerry Rhodes and Darrelle Revis the night before. That's probably the most effective thing he could do.

14. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

I was at the Liberty Bowl recently, and someone pulled the fire alarm at 3 AM at ECU's hotel the night before the game. That's another option for the Bengals.

15. DraftaFullBack

DraftaFullBack Active Member

The Bengals TEs are terrible in terms of pass catching.

16. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

This is a key for us because it makes the safety blitzes more effective.

17. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

I disagree with the idea that the Jets cant cover the TE. What TE has burned them this year?

Rhodes actually did a great job of shutting Gonzalez down in the Falcons game until Rex switched the coverage and even though he gets a lot of heat on this board he is still very good in coverage. Scott and Harris do a good job on TE's as well.

The only TE's to have real sucess on us this year were Rosario and Clark. I'd say thats a pretty good job by us. I think our coverage as a whole in general has been great for pretty much the whole year.

Im not saying we could should down the better TE's in the league but at the same time I dont think we cant cover TE's either.

18. ........

........ Trolls

Well, the ones who are still able to play, anyway.

19. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Carson Palmer is not a 3 step and throw guy, Coles blows and they don't have Dallas Clark. They are a running/power team who has lost their mojo and will get kicked in the ass on Saturday.

20. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

I would do exactly what Marvin Lewis is going to do. Stack the box with 8-10 guys to shut down the run and see if Sanchez can beat the Bengals' man coverage. On offense, I would go with a lot of outside runs to take advantage of the Jets' D lack of speed. Minimize passes like I've been doing all season except for short passes on 3rd downs and a deep ball or two to Ocho if he can get open.

Our best hope is that Lewis overthinks things and goes pass-happy and that Sanchez and the WRs rise to the occasion.