17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Coming down the old fashion way via the wrecking ball because they are fearful a implosion will damage the spiffy new stadium

2. rudd28

rudd28 New Member

New Jets Poll

Just got an email from the Jets, asking to take a 20min online poll to "help the Jets develop different seating and payment options in the new stadium." This is obviously a cry for help, and they realize how screwed they really are. They wouldn't be wasting time on poll's, if everything was going well.

http://t.pollg.com/g37725/?id=1743258050&pwd=5186&l=en_US&b=998

3. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Are you a PSL holder?

I think that went out to all non psl holders, another site had this on their too.

4. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

I got the survey too, FYI that link has a personal identifier so you probably shouldn't be posting it on here. Man are they getting desperate.

In the survey, they show you seating scenarios for location, ticket price, and PSL price. They show you a real picture of the view, a highlighted section on the stadium map, and then they ask you, What PSL price would:
    - be a bargain
    - be high but worth considering
    - be too expensive to consider

Then using those prices they ask you the % chance you would buy at those prices. All throughout the survey they give you the option to get contacted about seats (aka have an agent call you for a hard sell)

They ask you to rate all the reasons why you're not buying season tix in the new place. Strangely enough having to pay for preseason games was not an option, which is a big deal to me. You can also enter a sweepstakes, but the prize is pretty lame ($100 to $500 in Jets shop credit). They should be giving away season tickets because god knows no one else is going to buy them

#4784 GordonGecko, Jan 7, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2010
  5. championjets69

If we win the SB those PSLs will sell faster then hotcakes do @ IHOP

6. Giants4Ever

Giants4Ever New Member

Can someone post the PSL questions, clicking the link doesn't allow us to see it.

7. JetsSec337Lot13B

I never got this survey but I took upper deck seats. Problem is our PSLs are priced higher than the Giants and to go from a non-PSL seat to a $4k PSL seat is a big deal.

8. rudd28

rudd28 New Member

It's pretty retarded...They go through a list of "hypothetical" seating choices. They then ask you "what PSL price would be a bargain in this section"? Then "what PSL price would you consider"? Then "what PSL price would be too much for you to think about?" And they do this in 3 or 4 different sections, with different ticket prices. Bottom line, it tells me that the front office realizes they are fucked, but aren't quite sure how to rectify the situation? Perhaps they are through with the DENIAL stage, and realize that they have a PROBLEM???? Who knows...But the writing is on the wall, that PSL sales are not going very well.

9. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

IMO if they were to win the superbowl the PSL'S would still be sitting there--no one will buy them at these prices!!!! I did not get the survey----but I would want a guarantee that the ticket price would not be raised for 5 years and then only at small margins-----------I am curious why some got them and some did not?
    ps if the Psl were $1000 erach I would have bought 4 maybe even more-------but I would want in writing that the seats would not be raised---and also first shot at concert tix at face value------

10. bowleggedwonder

I'm in the market research biz. This is called a conjoint exercise, it's purpose is to develop optimum pricing points by giving folks a series of max, min tradeoff exercises. The Jets did something similar when they first gauged the optimum pricing scheme.

I would take this new conjoint exercise to mean the Jets are back to the drawing board. As I've mentioned before, supply/demand currently favors the buyer.

Of course, should the Jets win the SB, then demand goes way up and Woody's bean counters look like genuises. Hell, I'd take that tradeoff in a heartbeat. But if they stop with one playoff win, then I don't see much of an impact on the current elasticity of this good (i.e. PSL).

11. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

guess they didnt pay too much attention the last time they did it.

everyone who gets it needs to just answer the lowest possible answer. you would think people would realize that from the beginning.

12. NewStadiumSec101

NewStadiumSec101 New Member

IF UNSOLD PSLs..................

Eventually do the Jets just start selling single game and/or season tickets while holding onto the PSL rights until the market turns and they are able to off-load the PSL rights? Do you think the Jets will flood Stubhub or Ticketmaster with single-game tickets (of unsold PSL seats) next year?

13. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

I think the first step would be to reduce the PSL price, that way consumers that already purchased PSL's can just put the difference toward tickets + refund.

It's going to be a shit ton of work anyway, I feel bad for them.

14. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

No reason to feel bad, they decided to set these exorbitant psl prices

15. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

I still don't understand why people are so upset about PSLs. I have no problems with having to buy a PSL in principle. It's the overpriced tickets + preseason games that are the issue and make the PSL worthless and is like throwing away your money

#4795 GordonGecko, Jan 7, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2010
  16. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

PSL Pricing. Problem is also a secondary market is slowing developing and people are selling good spots that are already sold out at face. if I can buy a 4k, 5k, 7.5K etc. PSL in a very good location in the section, first ten rows aisle or near higher price section why would I buy a middle of the row PSL in the last row for same price.

Time Shares have this same problem. There are always motivated sellers, divorce, dispair, death etc.

Other issue is they should not refund money when they cut prices. First of all a short fall would just result in higher ticket prices later on. Secondly, they got the best seats. A 15K Pls on the sidelines where you got front row aisle is worth way more than row 35 in middle in same section for 15K. At best they should stop selling PSLs for a week, group everyone together who bought already in best seats possible then re-release the remainng less desirable seats as value priced seats, going back and lowering front row aisle seats is nuts from a business point of view.

17. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

Arlington is a hell of a lot more relevant than East Rutherford, and it's in the same state as the team's namesake.

18. championjets69

For sure same state but Arlington TX & East Rutherford are comparable in size & population. Actually in terms of population the NY/NJ/CT area has the Dallas area beat by maybe 2 & possibility even 3 to 1 so for sure the NYC area should have the showcase stadium in the country since it is also the TV media capital of the world

19. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Are the Giants having the same problem selling seats? Last I heard they were.

20. Aepps85

Aepps85 Banned

I can't wait for them to go into this new stadium. J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS JETS