Revis Wins USA TODAY's DPOY!!!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ShutEmDownRevis, Jan 6, 2010.

1. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

2. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I haven't seen anyone tear down Woodson. He had a great year and is a great CB. He has always been good. The Packers turnaround on D from 08 to 09 was pretty impressive. Still, Revis has been unbelievable.

3. Duk Dodgers

Duk Dodgers Active Member

I'm sure those people commenting are just as biased as we are....I don't think jets fans have followed Charles Woodson or Jared Allen as closely as they followed Revis so aren't we just as bad at calling them idiots for not seeing what we see. I mean, stat whores have a case in what Woodson did this year.

I will leave it up to the people who are paid to watch all these teams play to decide it or not. To be honest I am happier with Revis on any given Saturday so I'm not concerned if Woodson does end up winning the award.

4. Cotchery89

Cotchery89 New Member

Can someone post the game by game stats of the WR that Woodson was covering this season. They show Revis' stats all the time. Like TO, 3 rec 13 yds. I can guarantee Revis dominates in this regard.

INTs are a little overrated as a stat. 3 years ago, Antonio Cromartie had 10 INTs and I think this guy is good at best. Woodson has had a great year, but sometimes numbers are deceiving, especially if you do not watch the games and just go by numbers. Its obvious the idiots on that message board are doing just that. Revis absolutely takes away the opposing #1 WR every single game. To the point where you say "is Andre Johnson even playing?" or if you look at the box score you might say "did Steve Smith get hurt in the first quarter? He must of, cause he only had 1 rec for 5 yds." Revis completely shut down 4 maybe 5 HOF wide outs (Moss 2x, Owens 2x, A. Johnson, Wayne, Steve Smith) and 3 other Pro Bowl wide outs (Colston, Ochocinco, Roddy White). That right there is enough credentials that warrant a DPOY award for our Lord and Savior. Praise be the Lord Revis Christ!!

#24 Cotchery89, Jan 6, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2010
  5. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Can't find it, but it was posted (not here) and if it were based on threat of WRs, Revis would be top of the pile.

6. bigalxc

bigalxc Active Member

Revis deserved it. Woodson has been specultar, so has Sharper, but Dummerival was born to be a 3-4backer.

7. masivemunkey

masivemunkey Member

Although I'm a little biased since I'm obviously a Jets fan, I've followed Jared Allen and Woodson pretty closely since my 2nd team is the Vikings so I have seen almost all of the Vikings games and a fair amount of the Packers games.

Personally I thought Jared Allen deserved it in the middle of the year until he started falling off from teams double teaming him every game. When it comes to Woodson though, I just think that Revis' coverage ability and passes defended outweighs the interceptions and sacks of Woodson.

8. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

No one is tearing down Woodson but if you see the stats WR's have had while being covered by him its really not impressive. Woodson is the big homerun threat but Revis is the lead off guy who gets on base consistently. Both are very good players but just because the lead off guy doesnt have all those big hits doesnt mean hes a worse player.

9. Kenny

Kenny New Member

woodson is a lock for the defensive mvp.. I looked at whose voting and looked at who each person voted for.. its going to be by a wide margin unfortunately

10. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Praise Revis! Now he just needs to grab the AP.

11. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

I for one hope Revis doesn't get the awards so he plays that much harder next year to win it. Actually who am I kidding give Christ the award. He deserves it

12. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

What a bunch of fucktards. Asante Samuel missed 19 tackles this year, by the way. So that's one thing he led the league in.
    http://forums.theganggreen.com/showpost.php?p=1532182&postcount=18
    Bad analogy, comparing baseball offense to football defense.

If anything Revis is a pitcher who rarely allows a run, Woodson allows a few runs a game but gets more strikeouts.

#32 BadgerOnLSD, Jan 6, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2010
  13. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Well a strikeout is the same as a ground out so that makes revis the much better player if hes allowing less runs lol. I was trying to say they are both equally important to their teams for different reasons. Woodson makes the big plays like a homerun and Revis just is consistent in doing his thing so the rest of the team can make plays like a lead off hitter who lets other people get the big hits. So yeaaa....

14. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

a strike out is absolutely not the same as a ground out...

a ground out may allow you to advance a runner or score a run..you may even get on base due to fielders choice...ground outs are huge parts of the game that create scoring opportunities

15. desert swordz

desert swordz Totally Addicted

I don't understand the "People who rate Revis better just watch SportsCenter" comment? If anything, what Revis does, which is holding the opposing teams best receiver to limited catches/yards is exactly what doesn't show up on Sportscenter. It's what Woodson does-sacks, FF, ints, etc., that gets all blown up on the Sportscenter highlight reels.

The fact that as a cover corner he still gets beat a bunch while Revis has been beaten once this entire year doesn't make the Sportscenter reels. The Woodson fanboys lost with that comment.

16. 624

624 Banned

Revis is really the only CB that follows the number 1 receiver everywhere on the field, so you can't really compare that stat, but I remember seeing Woodsno get burned by Percy Harvin twice in one game.

17. DbaJets

DbaJets New Member

Morons. Folks when has any other Cb in history held every opposing WR to under 50 yrs? Has it happened before?

THAT is >int's and sacks by far. Its a truly remarkable stat.

18. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Revis is the best defensive player I have seen this year.

Woodson is a great player, I really mean that. That being said, Revis can do anything he does, anything.

Revis is not asked to play up on the line and blitz, like Woodson. It is certainly not because he can't. It is because Ryan will not let him. In his own words, " Why should I blitz the best cover corner in football?". So yeah Woodson is going to have more sacks and such.

Use he eyeball test. Revis is the better cover corner of the two by a bunch. Woodson is the more versatile player based on the way his coach uses him.

It comes down to the voters liking the versatility of Woodson or a player that basically does the one thing better than everyone by a mile in Revis.

A case can be made for both..........

19. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Great quote and point, Puck
    The Jets have the best overall defense in the league.
    The Jets lead the league in scoring defense.
    The Jets have the best pass defense.
    All of these are because of Revis. No one else holds down so many great WRs in one season. He has given up how man TDs? One counting the Moss TD from the one yard line in the second game. We cannot blitz the way we do without Revis. Revis is the best player in this defense. Revis.

#39 CatoTheElder, Jan 7, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2010
  20. Lynkx

Lynkx Active Member

Could not have said it better myself, +1