Mike Francesa Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Royal Tee, May 4, 2009.

?

Which is it...

1. Fatcessa is a Jealous bitch.

55.3%
  2. Woody is definitely PSL whoring the QB around town.

7.6%
  3. Actually BOTH are right on.

28.0%
  4. Paranoid Android

9.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Now he keeps referring to Sanchez as "son".

He is touting the gals defense as the steel curtain but they just didn't play hard last week. IF the gals are so great then Mike should be willing to concede that beating them 37-0 was a good job. Also if the gals are a good D does he concede that the Jets are a good D too ? Would he concede that if the Jets beat the gals yet again that the Jets are a good football team and give them some props for a change?

2. Jett Jett

Jett Jett New Member

Guys i still dont have enough post counts to post a video but this is just great.

This is from yesterday when mike was talking about arroyo winning 15 games 4 of the last 5 yrs. Then they show the stats on the tv and he only won 15 games 2 of the 5 yrs.

The video is in youtube under

Mike Francesa's Pinpoint Statistical Knowledge

thanks if someone can upload it.

someone should call in and be like arroyo played the mets when he got his 12th win so it doesn't count because they had nothing to play for, and 15 players were injured.

#1622 Jett Jett, Jan 6, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2010
  3. The Mak

The Mak New Member

[YOUTUBE]Eaojftbw2ik[/YOUTUBE]

4. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

if he's using the schedule he's a moron. The jets played 4 division champions and 2 of the divisions the played have .500 teams or better minus the Bucs in the NFC South. It wasn't a cupcake schedule. It was somewhat challenging.

5. Sanpetejets

Sanpetejets Member

Can somebody PLEASE call out his Fatness on the fact that he said perhaps the stupidest, most counter intuitive thing I have heard from him (and that's saying something) yesterday when he said Sacks are a more important defensive stat than POINTS AGAINST. That goes against ALL football, nay, sports logic. The object of a defense in sports is to keep the opposition from scoring. If you are the best at that, you are going to win more than you lose.

Give him this stat... SINCE 1995, The top 3 teams in points against in the league have made the playoffs with ONE exception (2003, when Dolphins were 3rd in PA, went 10-6 and did not get in on tie breaker) EVERY one of them. And most of the teams that lead the league in points against in that time had 10+ wins, and many made Super Bowl appearances.

So there is no correlation between points against and winning??? Sacks are more important that HOW MANY POINTS YOU GIVE UP IN A GAME!!!!?

#1625 Sanpetejets, Jan 6, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2010
  6. ShadeTree#55

ShadeTree#55 Active Member

By the end of the week I predict torches and pitchforks.

7. Sanpetejets

Sanpetejets Member

hehe... awesome visual... bunch of angry Jet fans with pitchforks and torches, chasing him down the street from the FAN studios in Soho, with him reaching for Diet Cokes being held out by people like in the NYC marathon...

8. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

I always listen to his show, and put up with it just fine when he picks on my teams (Mets, especially) but today even I've had enough. I tuned in around 1:30 and couldn't take him mocking Rex during his presser. He sounded like an ass. It would make more sense to me if he hadn't broken up with with Dolphin-boy Parcells. Then I'd figure it was sour grapes since they beat us twice.

I soon flipped over to 1050, so your theory is incorrect. By pushing it too far he's losing listeners.

9. tcrock

tcrock Well-Known Member

I don't know if he's experiencing a net loss of listeners, but i'm with you, I tuned out in the middle of Monday and haven't been back (Beningo and Roberts then to Sirius)

10. I usually give Mike the benefit of the doubt even when he bashes my team b/c he's usually consistent w/ his arguments and is quite knowledgeable. However..he is so over the top and out of line w/ this jet hatred it is ridiculous.

As badly as I want the jets to win the Sb to begin /..I somehow want it even more just to shut him up. He's CLEARLY going out of his way to piss off jet fans.

11. ScotlandJet

ScotlandJet New Member

Wednesday- 2.30 pm local US
    I just don't get Fransescoocko!
    He says he likes Rex and has a good relationship with him but on the show tonight when our guy is talking up the Jets (I loved it), he shafted him. "It's all about selling tix for next season. This is all about selling tickets, Rex is a clown to think he would pick the Jets over any of the other teams, all orchastrated to sell tickets for next year."

I like the Fan simply because it talks NY sports but Fran is starting to lose it.

12. RunLeonRun

RunLeonRun Active Member

I can make 1,000 videos of things like that. He does it every show at least once per hour. Says something and then provides false facts or completely ignores facts.

Every time he reads someone's baseball stats from the sheet he skews the numbers to make it sound better.

Today he bumped Albert Belle's average in 2 seasons from 274 to 305 and from 260 to 300.

13. boshhemi487

boshhemi487 New Member

14. Jett Jett

Jett Jett New Member

this dolphin fan is just as big of a clown as francesa. They ran the wild cat for 5 plays. The dolphins ran it every single play vs the jets. Case in point the bengals didn't game plan for it because the jets dont run it. Every team in the league runs the wild cat 3-4 times a game.

15. ShadeTree#55

ShadeTree#55 Active Member

I would love to hear the show after the Jets won thbe Super Bowl. "Worst team to ever win the SB, no real elite teams in the league, a down year in the NFL, Sanchez is Dilfer" yada yada

16. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

If sacks mean soooo much, then maybe somebody can get the fat a-hole to explain why 6 of the top 10 teams in sacks DID NOT make the playoffs this year. What an imbecile!!!!

17. Jett Jett

Jett Jett New Member

1.Cincy isn't a real playoff team
    2. Indy was rusty because of resting starters
    3. SD choked because of Norv Turner
    4. Giants beat an 18-0 pats team, Jets were lucky to beat a Saints team who are known as perennial losers. Tmrw we start talking about Yankees and spring training, so get in your Jets calls in now.

18. CraigF1210

CraigF1210 Member

I'm listening to his show right now, and he's on the phone with Phil Simms. He's still on Rex for saying we should be favored and said "Maybe it's the Jets trying to sell tickets or something."

Apparently the Jets sell tickets to their away games. Either that or we're all banking on the Jets and Ravens winning 2 a piece.

19. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

I've tuned in during 1050's commercial breaks:

So far, from what I've gathered, if he's not bashing the Jets, then he's avoiding the subject of them altogether by discussing Baseball statistics and HoF voting.

At this point, he's just pathetic - and like I said - I go to 660 during 1050's commercial breaks; once 1050 returns, I switch it back to them.

BTW, 1050 is commercial-free from 5pm-6:20pm, so NO ONE should be listening to Francessa for the next hour, unless you want to help his ratings.

20. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

Oh, and I forgot to mention, 1050 has Westhoff coming on the show in a few minutes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.