Mike Francesa Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Royal Tee, May 4, 2009.

?

Which is it...

1. Fatcessa is a Jealous bitch.

55.3%
  2. Woody is definitely PSL whoring the QB around town.

7.6%
  3. Actually BOTH are right on.

28.0%
  4. Paranoid Android

9.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

listen to Joe and Evan then turn to 1050 at least they are objective. The Jets are not a big time defense okay fine we have heard it from Francessa for months now--it's old! Hopefully we win this week--then he will say that the Bengals really are not that good.

2. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

To show you how much of a clown Francessa really is, the guy was saying yesterday (as a way to make his point that the Jets aren't an elite defense) that the Jets defense hasn't stopped a team with the game on the line all year. Of course, as well all know, this is simply not true. There is no factual basis in that statement. None whatsoever. So today someone called this arrogant tool and pointed out the three cases in which the Jets defense UNQUESTIONABLY stopped the other team with the game on the line. (The first game against New England, the Titans game, and the second Bills game) What was his response? "Well, they didn't really stop the Titans because the Titans turned the ball over on special teams. If they hadn't done that, the jets would have been in trouble." etcetc WHAT????? He then completely ignored the other two instances and changed the subject. If he couldn't admit that he was wrong then, when would you ever expect him to do so? The guy is an arrogant, self-important know-it-all. He sucks. Stop taking him seriously, people.

3. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

Im not sure about that. Dont get me wrong...both receivers thrive/suffer because of the systems they are in and the people behind the center. I totally agree Cotch would be putting up some very good numbers with Brady and that system for the slot receiver.

I do agree...he is not the game breaker like the receivers you mentioned. He lives under the coverage and thrives there...like no other receiver I can remember. The Weiss system...lets face it..most of this should look familar to us. Its the ultimate system for a true slot receiver. Brady has just taken it to a new level.

Back on topic for a second.

What Mike is doing is not the same as an objective analyst saying "The Jets defense does not impress me as much as some other great defenses have. Its ok...its not great".

Mike isnt even doing this totally for ratings. Sure...some Jet fans enjoy listening to him beat their team up...enjoy. If that were the only reason he was doing it...I wouldnt even care. I would still even listen. The fact is he hates you...the Jet fan. He looks at you as a scum of the earth sports fan..an inferior sports fan. You are not a classy Giant fan or Yankee fan (Im a Yankee fan...and I remember how he talked about my Yankees and how he talked about the Met fan...two different worlds.)

To me..this isnt about him not liking my team...I can live with that...its about him not liking or respecting me as a fan. So lets see tomorrow how hard he sticks that football up your ass Jet fans.

4. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

It's 27 titles :breakdance:

5. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Yeah, don't go bashing the Yankees just because you hate Francesa.

6. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

and growing baby....but thats off topic. :beer:

7. 624

624 Banned

rofl this is hilarious

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RI5xJfYH7NI[/YOUTUBE]

8. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

ANDY PETTITTE IS A STARTING PITCHA!!

9. RunLeonRun

RunLeonRun Active Member

I wanted to jump through the TV when I heard that. He has been making this point for a week now and finally a smart caller got through and proved him wrong.

So what does he do? Instead of admitting he was dead wrong he says the Titans don't count and he's talking about a real situation, must stop, when the offense can march down the field and win the game...

Hello Francesa. The Jets did it 3 times! All inside of 2 min(revis pick at 2:01). They kneeled after getting a stop on all 3 and the game was over.

10. bucknasty

bucknasty Member

But when a caller says " If we hit 2 of those field goals against Atalanta we would have won" he dismisses is it as if the jets gave up the game, but when we stop the titans , it becomes the Titans gave up the game . Whatta joke

11. RunLeonRun

RunLeonRun Active Member

and when people call up to say the jets gave away 4 or 5 games on the last play, he says it doesn't matter

then he'll go on to talk about the Texans and how the kicker blew 3 games by himself and how the texans should have 12 wins and are a great team.

12. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I was listening to him (actually watching him on YES) and I don't think he was off his rocker on what I listened to.

He was angry that Ryan made the comment about the Colts benching Manning for X-Mas and then after the game making the comment about not knowing how the game would turn out. Any player, coach or fan that thinks we would have won that game is off thier rocker. We are good but not elite....yet. Indy at home beats us 9 out of 10 times and they were well on their way to doing so that day.

Where I got upset was when he said the Bengals didn't play to win. Then why was Palmer and Co in there until midway through the 3rd quarter? The Bengals showed up to play until they got smacked in the mouth a few times. Then they ran away with their tails between their legs.

13. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

^ I also think that Marvis Lewis had no intention of putting in his backups too. What I did think was what he did. Play boring and vanilla to give nothing away against the Jets, and then get ready for Saturday with an all out gameplan.

14. bucknasty

bucknasty Member

I'm sure rex has tapes on their game plan i don't see how playing vanilla prevents the jets from game planing adequately

15. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

I agree, but why show any certain tendencies to the defense live and in person, rather than them studying on film.

16. RunLeonRun

RunLeonRun Active Member

Francesa actually said the Jets had ZERO chance to win the Colts game. He called a fan delusional for thinking the Jets had a 10% chance to win the Colts game.

With all the crazy things that have happened this year why is that crazy? Who would have thought Pittsburgh could lose to Oakland and Cleveland? the Saints losing to the Bucs at home?

How is the Jets beating the Colts in a 15-10 3rd quarter game impossible? Unlikely but more then 0% like Francesa said.

17. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

haha, yep. The guy is obviously full of shit.

18. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

You guys gotta stop with this Francessa shit.

Tune into Kay. At least he supports the Jets. Every Monday @ 5, Rex Ryan calls in.

The Douglas interview yesterday was excellent...anyone hear that?

Plus I like Don LaGreca

19. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I think Jets fans listen to this guy just so they can bitch about him. Just stop.

20. HOI

HOI Active Member

Kay was great yesterday. Talked about people bashing the Jets about the way they got in and told everyone to ignore it. He went on to say...Your team is in the playoffs...just enjoy it...you're allowed!!

Damn right...fuck the world!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.