Mike Francesa Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Royal Tee, May 4, 2009.

?

Which is it...

1. Fatcessa is a Jealous bitch.

55.3%
  2. Woody is definitely PSL whoring the QB around town.

7.6%
  3. Actually BOTH are right on.

28.0%
  4. Paranoid Android

9.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

Quite simply...why does anyone give 2 shits about what some out-of-shape, obese piece of shit who's never played a sport in his life think about our team?
    Frankly, why does anyone give 2 shits about what anybody thinks about our team??
    It doesn't fucking matter. Opinions don't matter once the ball is kicked off.

2. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Exactly. FWIW (and its not worth much). The football expert mike who likes to trash the jets predicted today that TCU would win the Fiesta bowl tonight by two touchdowns. Final Score: Boise State 17 - TCU 10. Way to go mikey. :lol::lol::breakdance:

3. GreenSwarm57

GreenSwarm57 New Member

Mike "blowhard" Francesa.

4. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

I don't listen to him. If you are a Jets fan, niether should you. Let his ratings drop. Just turn the moron off. Simple. Easy.

Does anyone have a link or info on his ratings? That I would find interesting. Jets fans should simply boycott not just fat boy, but WFAN entirely, and let management know why. I can't listen to the ex supermarket stock boy either, the self proclaimed Jets fan with the mafia hairdo. Beningo is just as stupid as fat boy.

Stop listening. Let his ratings drop. Let his boss come down on him. His ratings drop, so does his salary sooner or later. Hit fat boy where it hurts.

5. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

We really should start a WFAN boycott, let them know whats up. Gangsta!

6. ThunderbirdJet

Now.... thsi IS a damned good idea. Seriously. Jets fans, en mass, tell that station not only will we not listen to fat boy, but boycott the entire station.

Ask the Jets to refuse all interviews (I know, good luck with that) but why not make as much noise as we can? Mad as hell and won't take it anymore shit? Tell the YES network we won't watch that either until they pull fat boy. Tell CBS we wont watch their late night news because of the fat boy show on Sunday nights?

Let fat boy hang up on that shit... if he can. How could such a thing get organized? It sure would be fun to try. Any ideas?

7. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

Start a thread of Boycott, have 1,000 respected TGG members sign it. Email Woody and Co. to let them know of our fight against Fatcessa and his usually anti-Jets bullshit. Then proceed to email WFAN and give them our collective middle finger.

Hope for the best. Expect the worst. The worst being no change...

8. ThunderbirdJet

OK, WFAN wouldn't listen at all. Woody has no control over it, and if he tried to shut down WFAN interviews with the Jets... well, that would not go very well, and he wouldn't do it even if he really wanted to.

No, what we need to do is to get a vehicle we could all sign up for... a web site maybe? Then... forget WFAN. Send emails and pettitions to the companies that place ads on fat boy's show. Tell THEM we will boycott their products.

If we want to stick a pin in fat boy's stomache, it has to hit the station in the wallet. Threaten the revenue stream. Tell the advertisers they are done until they pull their ads from his show. We just refuse to buy anything from them if they buy ad space on his show.

Advertisers ARE sensitive to this stuff. Look at how many companies dropped Tiger Woods since his bad press started up.

In order to get enough people, I think we'd need a web site. How much would that cost? I could finance it if it isn't expensive, but would need help to get it up and running. This could be a lot of fun if we approach it right.

Really, even if nothing ever comes from it... it would be fun to do!

9. DevTeam

DevTeam Well-Known Member

So a few hundred TGG posters are going to impact WFAN's revenue stream by not listening to their shows? That doesn't seem realistic.

10. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

What's funny is I had dvr'd an extra hour after the game the other night and it taped Mike's show. On it he said he thought we were potentially building something special for the future w/ the D we have, the OL we have and the potential of the QB. How come no one mentions that?

People get way too caught up in what "experts' say about their teams. I guess people forget how he bashed the Giants a couple of years ago especially their defense.

11. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

junc - he usually buries a complimentary statement about the jets on his TV show but the daily radio gig is very much skewed to the negative for the jets.

jil

12. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

His radio show is a call in show, he's TRYING to fire up the fans. it makes for more interesting radio. I guess people forget how he used to bash the Strahan led Giant D's until they finally showed up in big games 2 years ago.

13. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

I watched the NBC broadcast last night, I was thinking it really had to be a tough night for Mike to watch. Seeing all those shots of his beloved Giants Stadium being closed down by the Jets with confetti and music, all the aerial shots of the new stadium lit up with big green Jet logos on the screens, dwarfing the soon to be knocked down old place. Throw in the fact that the Giants completely shit the bed in their Giants Stadium finale and got smoked again earlier in the day, and Mike will now have to spend this week discussing a Jet playoff game after all of this. It had to be enough to make that 7th burger almost come back up on him. Almost.

14. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Somebody should call up and ask Mike how his great TCU horned frogs pick worked out for him last night.

Mike can bitch & whine all he likes - The facts are the facts. The facts are that the Jets beat the Giants and the Jets won 5 of their last 6 games, the Jets have the best defense in the NFL and the best rushing attack in the NFL and the Jets are in the playoffs. Mike can blow Jets Nation if he doesn't like it.

Instead of boycotting him which won't work - we could innundate him with pro Jets calls and mocking his silly juvenile hatred of the Jets. Facts are the Facts Mikey - The Jets are a good team.

15. jago

jago Active Member

you guys will be falling right into the trap.
    a 'feud' between jet fanboys and WFAN?
    they can market it to the hilt.
    if i ran the station i would max out the ad budget
    this month and run with it as long as the jets
    can stay in it.

16. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Another Fatcessa "he said what"?!

I checked to see if this was posted and didn't see it so i'm sorry if it has been but i just had to report this stupidity.

On yesterdays show a caller said J-CO is a really good WR and doesn't get enough props.
    Fat boys answer was "Cotchery is a "journeyman WR, at best" and that he's "not that good"!
    ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    How does a guy get labled JOURNEYMAN WHEN HE'S ONLY BEEN ON ONE TEAM!!!!!!?????

it gets even better

I'm not sure if it was the same caller but the guy says the Pats will be devestated by the loss of Welker and that it's a hugh blow to them.
    What does FatBOY say to that?
    "No it's not a big loss, they have Edelman(?) and they're practically the same player. You can't even tell them apart on the field"
    WHAT?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This guy is pathetic! I can't believe he gets paid to say this shit:eek:hmy:

17. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Listening to him to hear the moronic things he says only helps his ratings.

18. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

I heard both. The Cotchery thing is utterly ridiculous. Cotchery is a very underrated player.

I dont have a problem with his take on Edelman but what I find funny is that he calls him the same as Wes Welker in one statement but then says the Jets only beat the Pats because Welker wasnt there. Meanwhile Edelamn had a great game that day.

19. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Edelman can play the role of Welker and I have a bad feeling he will later become as good as Welker is right now. Welker is a far better slot receiver right now though.

As for the J-Co, comments, no comments.

20. nycztonee

nycztonee Active Member

The only thing I look forward to about Fatcessa is his Mets updates. God knows how he gets these updates before any other media outlet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.