Mike Francesa Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Royal Tee, May 4, 2009.

?

Which is it...

1. Fatcessa is a Jealous bitch.

55.3%
  2. Woody is definitely PSL whoring the QB around town.

7.6%
  3. Actually BOTH are right on.

28.0%
  4. Paranoid Android

9.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

It was the Bengals plan to get blown out??? lol

Then why play Palmer and Chad and crew at all??

Again, I keep reading this for some awful reason but why are you listening to this jackass?

He has AIDS-

2. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

This is why I no longer listen to WFAN (except to hear a Met game) and listen exclusively to 1050.

A lot of people on hear say they dislike Kay, and La Greca and a couple of the other 1050 guys but they call it how it is. I hated Kay cause he was the "voice of the Yankees". But I was impressed when he ripped the untouchable Joe Torre for overusing the bullpen and runig a couple guys. He rips the Jets and Giants when appropriate and praises them when appropriate.

I like TMKS cause they call it down the middle. Even La Greca, who's a self proclaimed Giants fan, calls the Jets pre/post-game and gives the Jets props when they deserve it.

They aren't the best commentators but they call it down the middle and you can't ask for much more than a radio personality that takes their personal feelings and rooting interests out of their show...

3. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Did I ever say he knew anything about football? NO
    I don't even like Michael Kay and I'm just stating a fact.

and FTR, it has nuthin to do w/1050 and that is a stupid correlation on your part.

MK show has a Giants fan right next to him who rips the JETS often.

4. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

I am sure in Francesa's mind it was perfectly fine for the Giants to eek into the playoffs in 2007 (with record only one game better than ours) and then defeat NE's perfect seasson in the SB on a circus Tyree catch on 4th down followed by a TD to the Self-shooter.

5. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

It has everything to do w/ 1050, Kay isn't going to ever bash the Jets the way Francesa does. He rips the Mets though- I wonder why?

Who is the Giant fan next to him that rips the Jets?

6. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Don La Greca gives a fair and balanced opinions on the Jets.
    Bonnie is great, and Greg Buttle loves the Jets as much as most real Jet fans.

Not some biased asshole spewing garbage from his fatass mouth. (fatcessa)

7. RunLeonRun

RunLeonRun Active Member

Francesa is one big idiot

Awhile back when the Jets were #1 in total YPG on defense he says yards are overrated. I look at the PPG and the Jets aren't #1.

Then when the Jets got to #1 on PPG then the #1 defense is judged by scoring TD's on defense. He then said how the Jets D didn't have any TD's which all of a sudden qualifies as the defensive judgment meter.

Now that they officially have the #1 defense in all stats he says we don't have a big defense.

Does he realize opposing offenses are fortunate to reach double digits? Look at these point totals for some games this year.

LOL, if that isn't a big time defense then IDK what is. Is it the best defense of all time? No.

But it's a legit defense that can win a superbowl if the offense has a capable QB. most of these teams rely on QB's with less then stellar defenses. The jets can actually win with this defense leading them imo.

8. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

What a phony, last night he actually did say on his NBC show that the Jets weren't lucky against Cinci, that they just weren't going to be denied. Of course he has no callers on that show so he changes his tune back to the Francesa drivel today to get people annoyed.

And now he claims a lot of the Jet STH base are Giant fans who couldn't get tickets, and the Giants have a different ticket fan base because they're more 'loyal' :lol:

9. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Another Jets fan gets run over. We need to get more assertive fans to call.

10. bucknasty

bucknasty Member

why do all the jets fans who call the show sound like idiots? i mean did anyone hear that guy call about the D ?

11. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Assertive people don't sit on hold for three hours to get on the radio for ten seconds.

12. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

I think more Jets fans listen to 1050. I prefer to, when I'm actually in range of its crappy signal.

He knows he's baiting the Jets fans to piss us off, but at the same time, we have to stop worrying about being called a great defense, and focus on just winning playoff games. He already said we have a pretty good chance against the Bengals. Then, we'll take it from there.

13. RunLeonRun

RunLeonRun Active Member

the problem is that you can't talk to francesa. before you explain why the Jets D is good he will ask a million little questions like he's on trial. He asks questions which support his argument and as soon as it makes himself look good, he cuts the caller off.

Francesa basically just summed up that the Jets defens isn't great because they blew a 7-3 lead to ATL in the 4th Q.

14. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

haha, so true.

I still am very perplexed by how many people take francessa seriously.

15. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Steve in Staten Island was just embarrassing with his math right there.

There's a 25% chance the Jets and Ravens win the first round.
    And there's a 25% chance the Jets and Ravens win the 2nd round.
    So there's a 20% chance the Jets host the Ravens in the AFC Championship.

16. RunLeonRun

RunLeonRun Active Member

another retard caller just called

Francesa asks whats the Jets defense in end of the game situations

caller doesn't know, francesa says 0/3

HAHA OMG it's 3/6 these people are so dumb and francesa is right there too. OMG this is so frustrating when no one can tell him.

17. martinsec339

martinsec339 New Member

he is entirely to bias to have his own show. by the way the diet coke isnt working switch to water fatty

18. dmorr79

dmorr79 New Member

Why do these guy continually call this asshole and let him get the best of them?
    You have to know that he's gonna cut you off if you make a legit argument.
    Why waste your time with this asshole.

19. talisaynon

talisaynon Well-Known Member

Seriously.

If I wanted ballwashing I'd listen to a Peter Gammons podcast discussing the Sox. I expect my 'expert' to have some knowledge about the sport he's talking about and an IQ above 35.

20. RunLeonRun

RunLeonRun Active Member

The callers are so dumb though. Even if someone smart calls up and tells him the times the Jets D stopped the opponent, he would all of a sudden say something like the titans were bad in week 3 and the bills don't count. Then he'll say the Pats didn't have welker(even though the edelman kid who he raves abuot now had a welker day with 10 or so catches in that matchup too).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.