17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

I think you hit on something very big here.

Years ago, you only had over-the-air (OTA) signals on B&W sets. There was no alternative to going to the game for a real-world experience.

Folks living near big cities like NYC benefitted from strong transmission of signals so decent pictures came through pre-cable. Still, watching OTA signals on a 19" color TV wasn't a great substitute for going to the game.

When cable and satellite became common, the quality of the pictures was much improved. Larger TVs made watching the game more enjoyable. When the 1st rear projection TV's came out (late-1980's), it was mediocre picture quality but big. This was the first real competition for the season ticket dollar.

Now, with HiDef, and with gorgeous LED LCDs and other HDTV's, you get stunning color and crystal-clear pics right in your living room. The same setup that 10 years ago might have cost $10,000 today costs $2,500, plus you get a bigger TV (55" or more compared to 42" back then).

If they goto an 18 game schedule with more meaningless end-of-season games, expect more folks to drop their season tickets.

2. JetsSec337Lot13B

Great game tonight but I don't think this does much to help PSL sales.

3. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

The new stadium looked quite spiffy IMHO.

4. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Much more expensive without better views, but spiffy, yes, I guess you could say that.

5. bowleggedwonder

I have no interest in entering into an entertainment contract (i.e. PSL's). I don't know if you folks have seen some of the poor Redskin fans who have been sued for non payment of their PSLs. Who knows what tomorrow will bring, so I refuse to get sucked into an unwanted contractural obligation.

What I would be interested in is the opportunity to cherry pick 1-2 games in the PSL seat area. I imagine I would have to pay a stipend (25% more) because I didn't commit to the PSL and in theory help pay for the stadium. What that would allow me to do is commit to a game(s) well in advance of the actual event. Of course, that's the function of Stubhub and other ticket brokers. But I wonder if the Jets will fall back on that to help sell the place out.

6. notajduhe

notajduhe Member

I don't see how they avoid putting the empty's up for individual game sale, or season sale without a right to renew. They aren't going to have a few thousand empty prime seats. What is notable is how hard those seat PSl's will be sell after the start of next season. No one will pay a resale price higher than the PSL's face, since the Jets will still be selling them at face. If resales sell below the Jet's face price, the Jets will never move their inventory of unsold PSLs.

7. championjets69

Well I wonder what the old stadium would have cost in today's dollars.

Looking at it & seeing the fans in the stadium it is real, real apparent how much of a improvement a dome would have done to the new stadium

8. rudd28

rudd28 New Member

Even if the Jets themselves put up tickets for sale, Ebay and Stubhub will be much cheaper. I'm sure the Jets will try and get at least face value, maybe even face plus "PSL tax". Guys on Ebay will be selling them just to get any money back. Happens every year, and 2010 won't be any different. Us long time ticket holders know that even in good years, there are tough games to unload if you can't go. I wouldn't stress about not being able to get into this new place, even in the premium seats.

9. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Union: $1 Bil+, non union: about $350 M

10. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

my neighbor was offered psl seats mezz end zone for $3200 a psl.that is $800 off....
    and his tickket prices he was unsure of but he kept saying a $1000 for the season which would be $100 per game which is $20 off per game too.

11. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

The big games will go for a prem in 2010. Opening day, Pats, Dolphins etc. The other games will go around face in 2010. New stadium effect. In 2011 pre-season and cold weather meaningless games will be worth 50 cents on a dollar or less.

The folks in UD like me can sit in the cheap seats for $95 bucks for Opening day, Pats and Dolphin type games. Not be throwing away super expensive worthless pre-season games and when cold weather comes can always sell our UD seats for a $20-$40 buck loss and move downstairs.

I have a big four audit partner in LLEZ row 10 and a sideline LL row 15 headhunter who will sell me at face (with no PSL tax) regular season late in season or non-primo seats at face. Bottom line they are taking clients. Clients don't want to see Falcon games in December.

When I take my wife or a daughter I will swap to better seats. When I am with the boys and tailgating is the main event I will sit up top!

12. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

17a I was offered just this morning a 220a mezz seat at face. 4k. Those corners were for 40 year plus season ticket holders who jumped for joy. Now they are willing to sell them for face. The only litmus test Jets had with High Price tickets were Front Row Club tickets and those babies went for under face on stubhub around 70% of time. Heck even Mezz tickets at $115 were hard to move sometimes at near face in secondary Good luck re-selling $500 tickets.

13. championjets69

Thanks since I doubt quite highly a stadium could be built in the NY/NJ area with non union labor like Jerry Jones did in Dallas U have to use the union # so the old stadium almost cost the same as the new one does in today's $. Since we the fans of both teams are paying for it thru the PSLs lets hope the amenities in the stadium for us are improved since we are the ones who are paying for them no matter how Woody wishes to spin it

14. Jetsss

Jetsss New Member

The place was jammed and rocking...didn't notice many, if any empty seats....you ( if you didn't go ) missed a great game and a very special night....when the players came back on the field you should have seen the look on the fans faces....incredible night

15. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i have to ask as i am not in any way a construction person or engineer. why exactly did the jets and giants have to use union employees? is it a state law or something?

i could see the iron workers being union but the laborers?

and i will guarantee you that game last night sold some psls. people are stupid, they saw the game on national tv, they saw what the future may hold and they said fuck it i want to be a part of that.

3 years from now they will hate themselves for it, but hey fuck them. just so long as we dont give them a bailout like the scumbags who bought houses they couldnt afford.

16. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Alleycat--u can't believe EVERYTHING you read or that is said. I can tell you that Union labor can be more expensive for a few reasons----one is that not all NON union offers their employees medical so that raises Unions CO$TS. Also the price of STEEL has gone way up while the new stadium was being constructed,, that is also why the cost can be deceiving--it's easy to say "ah non union is cheaper " it's also easier to say that Union work "is better quality " there are many sides to both coins not just blanket statements --my 2 cents

17. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

New UD Seats

Just was told that a pair in Section 307 row 16 just opened up. It is PSL free and the corner sideline on Jets side. Thought I would provide useful information for a change.

18. bucknasty

bucknasty Member

i'd like to hear the stadium be named The Medowlands or something a long those lines

19. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Rex's House of Pain.

For Jet home games of course-

20. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

as a matter of scope... the burj dubai opened today it is the tallest building BY FAR 2771 feet, that is almost twice as high as the empire state building. its so far past the current highest i actually thought it was a typo the first time i read it.

total cost..... 1.5 Billion pretty much the same amount. 2771 feet!!!!!