17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Yeah, but the alternative is much worse... a PSL and higher ticket price. I just thought all the Uppers would be gone by now. The seats they have left must be last row EZ or last row corners, I would think.

Man, if they're can't move the only PSL free seats in the stadium (the Giants don't have any), how are they going to move the more expensive stuff? 2010 is going to get interesting...

2. rinvesto

rinvesto Well-Known Member

Positive 1000 percent that they have not sold out upper deck as of today

3. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

People should be grabbing those last Upper Deckers then, IMO:

Buy it for a year.
    See if you like it.
    Keep it if you like it.
    Walk away if you don't.

Fuck You, Woody Johnson.

4. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

The alternative is sitting in the comfort of your own living room with a large flat panel high def TV and unlimited beer and food. If you want to get out there one game you just hit stubhub

5. rinvesto

rinvesto Well-Known Member

Always listen to Gecko, very good advice

6. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

neighbor told me he talk to a sales rep and was offered back section od the mezz endzone for a $3200 a psl and like $1000 for game tix.

his #'s sounded completely discounted.

7. Section341

Section341 New Member

Hi, I am new here but I have been reading for a while and found this board very informative. Thankk you everyone. I am '85 seniority and opted for the Uppers in Section 341 back in June. I want to share with everyone here that there are still plenty of seats: 3 in section 220a row 5 on aisle, 2 in row 13 section 347, row 2 in 236, row 1 in 109. These are as of a few days ago. I also saw an ad on CL from someone who implied he works for the Jets and offering tix in any location. I will post link later. Who knows if he's legit. The point is you guys are dead on that the Jets have plenty of seats to unload.

8. backtoshea

backtoshea New Member

I only read this thread so i'm posting this here.

The jets organization HAD a great opportunity to give long suffering faithful a proper sendoff tomorrow with the Cincinnati finale. So what did they do??

Just like with the psl's ... they totally screwed over the faithful and could not care less about the fans who show up.

1) the game was changed from 1pm to 8pm. tomorrow will have single digit wind chills so who wants to be out in the stadium at night instead of at 1pm?? No one.

2) If you are crazy enough to go to support the team that has screwed the fans, you want to be drinking heavily in the game. But NOOOOOO, beer sales have been outlawed. So you must sit in freezing temps w/o being allowed beer.

Smart going jets organization! It's nice to know they always think of their fans first.

9. ELLSWORTH

ELLSWORTH Member

The Jets did not reschedule, the league and NBC did
    The place will be packed and rocking, Jet fans will drink before, or find a way to sneak it in..

10. backtoshea

backtoshea New Member

I never said the jets rescheduled. Teams can't reschedule games. I know who rescheduled this game.

The place will NOT be packed. The organization has made sure of that.

#4710 backtoshea, Jan 2, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2010
  11. bigmehl

bigmehl New Member

Ok, I don't get it . The NFL moved the game not the Jets. So what would make you happy. Woody Johnson announces , the Jets have flown in a million space heaters - so that it feels like Miami in the parking lot. Or maybe Woody partners with Budweiser to supply every Jet fan with endless beer so they can drink themseleves unconscious.

But I'm gueesing from your login name it has more to do with where the Jets play. I'm sure if the Jets were at Shea it would be a balmy January evening and there would be an endless supply of watered down beer to go with the overflowing toilets and urinals.

12. Vilmalover51

Vilmalover51 Active Member

Your nuts, place is going to be rocking.

13. backtoshea

backtoshea New Member

Umm, I never said anything about rocking.

I said the place will NOT be packed. When you see tens of thousands of empty seats, you'll come back here and apologize.

And i'm sure those who show up will be rocking. They deserve to rock if they choose to sit in single digits at a sunday night jets football game.

14. Section341

Section341 New Member

Here's the link to the Craig's list ad I referred to earlier:

newyork.craigslist.org/que/tix/1533827690.htm

"I work in the Jets front office and I control the seats for the new stadium opening next season so I can get you the best possible value as I have affordable seating options in nearly every section as well as 5 and 15 year payment plan options, starting at $1,546 per seat per season on the middle level (which includes all fees). If you or anyone else you know (family members, friends, business associates or neighbors) might be interested in owning their very own seats for personal and/or business use, please feel free to reply to this message."

15. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

You must be a baseball fan that watches the NFL . I dream of an important, chilly, playoff type game at home in January in front of the whole country. Its why I have season tickets, not for the September game but for the very cold game where women and baseball fans stay home. I can't wait to sit in my seat and feel the excitement and energy coming from the crowd. Its gonna be the warmest place on earth

16. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

Let's tear this place apart tomorrow.

17. JetsSec337Lot13B

I disagree with you here.

1. The NFL not the Jets control the time of the game.

2. The Jets will be losing plenty of $$$ by banning booze inside. I personally rarely drink inside only on occasion.

Something I want to add. Tomorrow I will bury by grandfather at 2 pm who died unexpectedly the other day. I had mixed feelings over what to do we were very close and my dad and sister won't go. I decided I will skip the tailgate even though I had a 30 person party set up. Wasn't emotionally ready for that but get there around 5 or 6 walk around a bit and go in. Final game in the Meadowlands and a huge game we don't get very often. The ban on beer doesn't bother me because it's not like they control it in the parking lots and there can be some drunken a-holes inside and maybe the late kickoff was a blessing from God and a sign that I should be at the game. Just my thoughts.

18. jetsyoung

jetsyoung New Member

My condolences on your grandfather's passing - might be good to get out and clear your head. I had two very close friends, and fellow Jets season ticket holders/tailgate buddies pass away over the last several years (in their forties). I know they will be there in spirit tomorrow night - sure your grandfather will be too!

19. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

337 SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS! We had a very tough week as well, losing a grandmother (inlaw) and also a close friends dad. Services were this week and yesterday ...the game took my mind off alot of things or at least gave me something to look forward to. Again I am sorry for your loss and try your best to enjoy the game.

20. backtoshea

backtoshea New Member

Again, I never said the jets rescheduled. teams cannot reschedule games.
    =======================================================
    I hate baseball. I am a long suffering jets fan that has gone to every game going back to shea.

I'm just realistic that's all. There will be tens of thousands of empty seats tonight. That is my point. Period.

#4720 backtoshea, Jan 3, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2010