10 Worst Losses of the Decade

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jetfanmack, Dec 31, 2009.

1. rhodesfan16

rhodesfan16 New Member

I dont know that home game against the bills this year was pretty terrible, 200 yards of rushing for us, Sanchez 5 picks, 15 penalties against us

2. mj2sexay

mj2sexay Active Member

Holy shit the 01 Bills game was so awful. We win that game, we win the division gents.

3. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

God Last year was the Jets Oscar awards for shitty depressing losses...........The Bronco abortion last year is/was pretty high on the list as was the Oakland abortion, followed by the Seattle and San Fran abortions........ In fact last year was a third trimester abortion. The Jets took a coat hangar to last year.

#23 Miamipuck, Jan 1, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2010
  4. MffxJets

MffxJets New Member

Uugh..number 1 was hard to watch. One point your jumping up and down with your buddy after the interception, then after that shank it got quiet very fast. Anyone ever noticed this? The Jets are the perfect team to die over a heart attack.

5. rinvesto

rinvesto Well-Known Member

Not even close, the loss to the Steelers in the divisional playoff game. A game we should have won to get to an elusive AFC Title Game, I remember the hype I felt in 82 Championship Mud Bowl and in 98 against Denver. Crazy, up 10-0 could have won against Denver, and in Miami, game was 0-0 in 2nd half, Gastineau causes Andra Franklin to fumble, we recover, but refs blew whistle, we blew it after that, 1st score would have won that game

6. dthomas53

dthomas53 New Member

This game nearly brought me to tears. Literally. Walking out of the stadium after this loss has to have been one of the most depressing scenes I've ever seen; tens of thousands of fans walking like zombies out to their cars, while they pass out souvenir Jets mugs...

IMO, it should have been somewhere on the list.

7. Clayture

Clayture Member

Scary thing is they lose a lot of games they should win in bad weather, not a good trait for a team that plays in the northeast. And the forecast for Sunday night is ... ?

8. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I disagree w/ 4 b/c we bounced back and won the div, #5 wound up costing us the div in 2000.

I wouldn't put '04 vs. NE up there. I would replace that w/:

'01 vs. NE, we had a 13-0 lead at half that should have been 20 or more and we blew it. This game helped cost us the div and send NE on their way to the SB.

9. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

The Chris Baker "push out" game should be on this list. There are two kinds of Jets losses - games where they are outplaying the other team and should win but don't and games where they get outplayed the whole game and then stage a miraculous comeback to ALMOST win but then don't. That game epitomized the latter.

I would take the game against the Fins in '08 off the list. By that point, the season was over and I was glad the Dolphins made the playoffs over the Patriots.

10. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

Oh yeah - another unbearable loss, though I'm not sure it makes the top 10, was last year's game against Oakland. Not only did the Jets lose to a terrible team and put forth a miserable weak effort but the game was just unwatchable (similar to the first Bills game this season).

11. hoobash

hoobash Well-Known Member

All those heart breaks in only 10 years and we could easily add to that list this year. This bengals game should be a slam dunk but that what worries me

12. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Seattle loss is way too low on the list. That is a Top 3 terrible loss. Steelers is clearly #1 though. Good/Depressing List Mack.

13. JeTsInTexas

JeTsInTexas Member

The question is... IF we were to lose on sunday, where would it rank???

14. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

That was a horrendous loss. I was at a bar with some friends watching that game, and remember saying to myself "Every time Oakland passes they gain 20 yards, and when the Jets pass they get 2 or 3. This isn't looking good."

An interesting side note, during the pregame I remember hearing Herm Edwards rally the team and talking about how we should "pile on the points" to try and embarrass Oakland.

15. Brien O'Ken

Brien O'Ken Member

Aside from Seneca Wallace playing for Hasselback, wasn't Seattle's entire OL comprised of backups? It's embarrassing how the Jets lost that game.

16. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

I agree with both of these. I would put many games over last year's game 16 against the Dolphins - the playoffs were already out of the question, and eliminating the Patriots was much more important to me than eliminating the Dolphins, since everyone knew the Dolphins were going to get crushed in the playoffs anyway.

17. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I will never forget #1.

I remember exactly where I was. Harry's Bar off Marshall street at Syracuse University. That loss broke myheart.

18. Talisman

Talisman Active Member

Happy new years guys. Too depressed for cheers
    now :-/

19. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

If Robbins didn't go off the reservation the day of the Superbowl, Oakland might have won it all that year.

20. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

Absolutely. That was against Cleveland in '06. I was so sick after that game, I didn't go to class the next day.

That fucking catch was a touchdown.