Jim Caldwell Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by sunnygs97, Dec 27, 2009.

1. plinko

plinko Absolute Ruler

we do have to win next week.

2. GeshJet

GeshJet Active Member

No, it isn't. To make the playoffs, the Jets will have won 5 of their last 6. Not backing in at all. You can only play the opponents on your schedule and the players on the field against you.

3. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

yup, we get the back door to the playoffs again! it's the playoffs, so we have to be happy with that, but we did nothing to earn it. we will get into the playoffs because two (colts & cinci) teams didn't try to win against us, thus we get the back door in.

one and done, whats to be so proud about that? it's the jets way!

4. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

sure, against another team that will not go all out to win the game. that's backing into the playoffs.

5. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

of all the qbs that have ever played in the nfl, peyton manning is deserving of have being given a chance to go into the record books with a undefeated season.
    it's not as if the new york jets did this to him, his gutless coaching staff gave us the game. no way would we have won, the way the game was going.

6. mkcatl

mkcatl New Member

I don't know if it has been touched upon here, but what would they do to Caldwell if the Jets face the Colts in the Playoffs and Win, OMG!

7. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

all the while rex and woody had to get on their knees for the colts front office... i do not see what there is to be so joyous about, we did not earn this victory, it was given to us.

so many times have i seen us back door the playoffs (jets way) only to be one and done because we were never really deserving to begin with.

8. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

lol....... I was hoping they'd get the chance to beat them straight up! I'm not complaining though.

9. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

We should start a Marvin Lewis prayer thread... maybe we can get him to pull out Palmer and Benson!

10. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

How Ironic would it be to face the in the AFC championship game and beat them handily with all their starters?

I don't know if that's really irony but I'd chuckle-

Just having a lil talk with myself here-

11. greaser

greaser Well-Known Member

I must say, both teams showed total class. I loved seeing Jets players helping Colts off the ground after plays. I also enjoyed the hand shakes and sincere respect for the Colts after the game. I did feel a little sorry for the back up QB we smeared pretty bad but I guess you can't ask our guys to take it easy on the poor kid.

12. DustinK

DustinK New Member

No, Irony would be for the bengals to rest their starters and get beaten by the Jets 2 weeks in a row.

13. SanityRemoved

SanityRemoved New Member

The Colts' Jim Caldwell may have done a great Machiavellian move by pulling Manning and others. The Colts now have the possibility of playing the Jets again or here is the Machiavellian part - force another team to go up against the Jets defense prior to playing the Colts.

Of course I want the Jets to win but if Caldwell had this forethought that would be pretty smart.

14. JCotchrocket

JCotchrocket Active Member

I think Caldwell made a mistake last night.

Why not try to win?! I can understand that they wanted to rest starters, but it was more than that. They just gave up. No attempt was made to stop the clock later in the game, get the ball back, try to make some plays...

This league is not about getting homefield advantage and healthy players. It's about getting hot in the middle of winter. Last night, the camera panned over a group of very, very luke-warm players. They couldn't even hope their teammates pulled through because the coach never gave them a chance.

When you combine that feeling with weeks and weeks of rest (rust), you've got a solid recipe for one-and-done.

15. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

That would be sick if we beat the Bengals get in the playoffs, #1 defense, #1 rushing offense, that could do wonders for us

16. JetsFan...NOT!

I do wish you luck getting into the playoffs, I'm not a huge Indy fan either so I did not really care how this game turned out. Although I was perplexed at the early stage they pulled the starters.
    Anyway, The Benglals are fighting for a third seed, so I do expect them to be in full force for your game next week. The patriots also need a win, I think, to be third seed.
    Again good luck

17. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

If the Pats win the Bengals will have nothing to play for.

18. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

Wrong. Controlling your own destiny going in to the final week, and winning to get in, is the opposite of backing in.

Now if we were to lose and by some bizarre turn of events still got in at 8-8, that would be backing in.

19. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

I never realized what a Ugly guy he is-

Looks all lumpy and twisted up.

20. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Did anybody catch Manning take a shot at Favre in his press conference? I guess somebody asked him about getting pulled and in his answer he made the comment "There was no conflict with the coaching staff" and then paused. Thought it was great by a guy who has shown to be a robot.