Playoff Picture (Merged x69)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by SunshineJet, Nov 26, 2009.

1. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

You really don't get it.

Don't reply to this. You just don't understand any of it.

What is "it" you ask? That's the problem.

2. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

It really is amazing how good our chances still are if we can somehow win the last two. We need Miiam and Jax to lose one and one of Denver or Balt to lose one. Unfortunately winning our next two is the most unlikely possibility. If we do though, we will be in the playoffs.

I can't believe Rex said their playoff chances are over, WTF was he thinking.

3. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

He was right the first time.

4. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

If our chances are still good, imagine what they'd be if we had won on Sunday. This team is pathetic. If they couldn't take care of business at home against a mediocre team with everything on the line, why does anyone think they'll to it this time?

This is the Jets we're talking about. Don't underestimate this team. They'll find yet one more way to disappoint before it's over. Sorry for the rant, but I'm still pissed.

5. nyJETS0511

nyJETS0511 Banned

Colts 21-0 by the 2nd quarter....Manning will be pulled and drinking Miller Lights on the sideline......to watch this game will be waste of both time and energy,,and that SHOULD BE REX's message sent to ALL NYJ FANS!.......

6. nyJETS0511

nyJETS0511 Banned

absolutely agree!.....and he MEANT those words! ......Tannenbaum had a "session" with Rex before his PC yesterday...and he was forced to say that crap.

7. Section 227. Row 5

Ryan's statement yesterday is actually as inaccurate as his initial statement after the game on Sunday. Backpeddling on his "we're out of the playoffs" statement after the game, he said yesterday that he now discovers that "our chances are actually better than they were last week!"

Well... no, they most certainly are not. Last week our chances were better because we had a good shot at beating the Falcons and controlling our own destiny! DUH... WTF? Jesus Christ Almighty.

8. mml6

mml6 New Member

I mean I hate losing as much as anyone and we lost in the worst way. But say we beat the falcons we'd still have to beat indy and cincy. because if say we were 8-6 going into indy and lost to get to 8-7 and den was 8-7 balt 8-7 miami was 7-8 and jax was 7-8 we would still be behind denver and baltimore because of based on Conference Record. All I know we better bring it sunday, I mean bring everything fake punts go for 4th down within reason, wildcat, get James Ihedigbo to smack peyton manning a few times from the safety blitz we have to play desperate and hope they take players out, because i really think the colts are looking to win the Super Bowl, not be 16-0

9. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

pretty f-in bad.......especially when you consider almost everything else went their way (as far as other contending teams losing) Jags, fins, Broncos...... sheesh.......

3 botched field goals vs a gimpy Falcons team at home to miss the post season.

reminds me of the 2000 Lions game........

10. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

It was pointing to the fact that now 2 WC spots are only a game ahead of us.

Denver had it easy by losing to the Raiders they really opened things up. Many of the so called experts on ESPN predicted a 9-7 AFC WC team weeks ago.

At least we are still playing games that matter whether you like it or not. Obviously you think this teams pathetic so I don't really get why you even bother watching.

11. SuperBowl50

SuperBowl50 Member

Let's put it this way. Losing to ATL is much better than losing to the Colts. If you're going to go 9-7, you want your losses to be out-of-conference.

MIA has to lose and two of the following things have to happen for us to control our destiny:

JAX lose to NE
    DEN lose to PHI
    BAL lose to PIT
    CIN lose to KC and BAL beats PIT

very simple. We could very well control our own destiny by kickoff.

12. Section 227. Row 5

The problem is, Peyton Manning eats safety blitzes for breakfast. If there's any one QB in the league who epitomizes torching the shit out of you on a blitz, it's Manning.

I think our defense needs to do what they've been doing and play exactly the same way and not get too wild and exotic. We're a good enough defense to get Manning to go 3 and out, it's our offense that perplexes the living hell out of me.

13. SuperBowl50

SuperBowl50 Member

I actually think Sanchez will do okay. He's a warm weather QB and he'll benefit from playing indoors. If the defense holds them to 14 points, we can win.

14. Section 227. Row 5

You seem to frequently take things to a personal level when replying to posts. Why not take a step back and just express your opinion without denegrating and impugning others for their opinions or for how they think?

I'll post what I want and think what I want, and whether or not you "get" what I do or why I do it bothers me not one iota. Seriously, I know you've purchased a PSL and you don't like my opinions of the value of doing so, but why not limit your caustic remarks to that PSL thread and stop following people around who disagree with your PSL stance. In other words, get over it. You have your PSL. Be as happy with it as you calim you are and stop stalking those who disagree.

15. Jetsandcanes

Jetsandcanes Active Member

i'm sorry but i can't help but laugh at the thought that we are going to indy and we even come within two touchdowns. how in the world is our offense going to keep up? we put up 7 points on a below average defense that had NOTHING to play for. Our one td was basically a hail mary. Even if our d plays lights out they are going to give up a at least 14 points.

16. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

I know it isn't very elegant but we have to hit the shit out of Manning in the first quarter... that will get him pulled from the game.

With Painter under center and an easily containable running game we can win this.

17. Section 227. Row 5

The dome will help Sanchez, I suppose. Our Def can play with anyone right now... just not sure about holding the Colts to 14 in their own house... but maybe it's possible. Special teams needs to really step it up this week... taht's our biggest weakness.

18. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

It seems that too many Jet fans hate this team more then they love it.

That is the only part I take issue with, why claim to be a fan if the Jets apparently suck so much?

You are entitled to your opinion but I'm also entitled to think that it's wrong.
    Would it not be more enjoyable to look on the bright side rather then pick out everything that is wrong with the team and the organization as a whole?

19. Section 227. Row 5

All along everyone's been counting on the fact that maybe the Colts will sit their starters and we can walk into a victory by playing their second stringers. That's not going to happen, IMO.

The Colts may sit some people, but only after they blow open a substantial cushion. That's the only way I see them sitting players and resting them... after the heavy lifting is done and the 4th quarter is ticking away...

20. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

This is such crap. I get a little tired of seeing fans get called out for their dedication to the team when they're critical of a team that absolutely blew it this season. They may be "playing games that matter," but if we didn't GIVE the game to Atlanta, and if we didn't blow the first third of the season or lose twice to Miami, we could be playing games that matter even more. And it isn't like this is a new thing. I've had this same gut-punched feeling too many seasons. That's not okay. Anyone who doesn't have a little darksider in them by now hasn't been watching the New York Jets.